Gerdau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Tampa, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

several interviews, lots of questions, examples of different projects, personal and cultural profile, 3 interviews: one with HR, one with hiring manager and one with team members. Nice culture and friendly staff

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The human resource was talking really fast. He asked some typical behavior questions. The weird thing is that he didn't ask me to describe myself first instead he asked behavioral questions directly. I he asked about what department anger doubt I would like to join and about one of my research experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience when you are in Lehigh University industrial assessment center? How do you deal with multitask situation? What will you do to help your team member exceeding the clients expectation? Why did you choose mechanical engineering is your master major? What will you do to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • what department do you want to join our company? Would you preferred to work in the office or manufacturing place?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

Group interview with usual interview questions. Includes the good guy and the not so good guy. Took about half an hour in the meeting room. A good experience in general

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerdau (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

there was only one phone call and they only asked basic questions. they said they would call at 2 but it was really 2:30 when they got around to it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about two days. Phone interview was done first. Just standard questions related previous experience and projects. They said they would call in 2 weeks if successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

They called me on time and asked behavioral questions. The interview last for 20 minutes. They made me comfortable at the start of my phone. It was really a nice experience.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

The main Supervisors (3-5 people) interview you and a tour of the rolling mill is given. You will be asked behavioral questions and maybe some engineering questions. Make sure you are knowledgeable and determined and they will appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and Basic EE questions such as ohms law, circuit analysis (resistance, current, voltage)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gerdau (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very quick and friendly environment, during the phone and sit down interview. I showed up early and i was seen early as well.Ii prepared myself for this interview for a few days because the recruiter called me with a 3 days notice. I expected the interview to be intense and stressful, it was quite the opposite.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to switch over to Gerdau from a competitor?   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later, I was called by 2 different people to schedule a phone screen. I scheduled on their website for the following week and blocked off time from my calendar at my current job. I sat and waited for 30 minutes and never received a call. I sent them an email explaining what happened. She called back 2 hours after scheduled appointment and apologized and said it did not appear on her calendar.
    We rescheduled for the following day. Again took time off work to make call. It's 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time and still no call. Very unprofessional.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Nashville, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process. Had 3 interviews, 1 phone call, 1 with HR and another with who would become my direct supervisor. The phone call was pretty easy. They asked some very general questions about my experience and qualifications and it probably only lasted about 10-15min total. The HR interview was also pretty easy but I got the impression that she didn't really know what I would be doing technically, but more trying to get a vibe on my personality. The interview with who would become my direct supervisor was also pretty straight forward but he asked a lot more technical questions and wanted more information about my previous relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing uncommon or unusual. Why do you want to work for us, what is your greatest weakness, what is your greatest strength etc..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate. When I asked for a bit more than they offered they said it would put them over budget for the position.