Gerdau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.7

MAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Wilton, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

last interview is four back to back interviews with different people asking different question and some more interested on your background and what you have done in the past. They also asked few questions about the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

Very quick process. I applied online. Got an interview request within a day or two and started work the following Monday. Very relaxed process. I met with a regional manager and the rest of the front office staff. There was previously problems with staff getting along so they like to make sure personalities will mesh well.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The human resource was talking really fast. He asked some typical behavior questions. The weird thing is that he didn't ask me to describe myself first instead he asked behavioral questions directly. I he asked about what department anger doubt I would like to join and about one of my research experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience when you are in Lehigh University industrial assessment center? How do you deal with multitask situation? What will you do to help your team member exceeding the clients expectation? Why did you choose mechanical engineering is your master major? What will you do to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • what department do you want to join our company? Would you preferred to work in the office or manufacturing place?   Answer Question

Mill Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first one was with a recruiter and the second was with a hiring manager . They where very friendly and the questions where straight forward. It did take a several weeks between interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

Group interview with usual interview questions. Includes the good guy and the not so good guy. Took about half an hour in the meeting room. A good experience in general

Switchman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

2 interviews, quick to respond

Innovation Engineer Interview

Interview

I had two interviews with a psychologist, one with my boss and then another one with the 3 other managers.

Production Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in King George, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gerdau (King George, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. After 3 months I got a call for an interview. Interview was straight forward with no STAR questions.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There was a set wage, but good none the less.

HRIS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerdau (Tampa, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Originally sourced with a local staffing agency for the vacant position. Was advised by agency recruiter that the hiring manager had not yet found the candidate that would serve as a good fit for the position. Other candidates had Payroll Data Entry experience, but none - so far - had experience working with Personnel Administration software. They use SAP, but some of their recent acquisitions are tied to Ceridian software.

Took two - three days to hear back from Agency after they submitted resume. I was overqualified for the position, but I was tired of contract work with no benefits and the local economy dried up HR-wise after my last contract ended in September. I was looking for an employer with a decent organizational culture, reasonable compensation, and that lead to a regular company-sponsored position; not long-term temporary as most of the market is these days.

Scheduled interview a week in advance. Day before interview, contacted by recruiter. Was given helpful hints about how to overcome the over-qualification barrier, how to approach the hiring manager based on feedback from other candidates, etc.

Interview: Not structured, but followed a general flow of going over my diverse contracting background (over the last 2 years) and my steady job history before (1 job only). Hiring manager was pleasant, well-spoken (intellectual), and we both had working knowledge of HRIS technical lingo/systems/etc.

Manager stated there was a bit of apprehension initially because of the concern that the position would be too menial based on my prior roles. I stated, however, I was looking for a "home" (as the recruiter suggested I say it) and though the position was heavy data-entry, it would not serve as a barrier to me nor would it chase me away to greener pastures when the opportunity presents itself.

Interview lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. Based on some statements made in passing as we wrapped up and made our way down to the first floor (hiring manager came from a big beverage company; as it so happens, so did I, but for a major competitor), I was under the impression that I secured the position with some certainty.

Advised two days later by recruiter that interview feedback was excellent - well-spoken, strong technical knowledge, charisma, etc - BUT, they felt that I would get "bored" with the position and move on as opportunities present themselves. While I can agree with that assessment as a practical issue, I was looking to pursue some personal enrichment that would be facilitated by having a transactional, seemingly "easy" position to rely on.

Overall, very impressed with Hiring Manager. Since it was an agency temporary-to-permanent position, it did not follow the traditional Talent Acquisition process that Gerdau normally follows.

Interview Questions

• Can you elaborate a bit more on what methods you used to streamline payroll and personnel administration (master data; org management) processes in your previous position?   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Tampa, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

several interviews, lots of questions, examples of different projects, personal and cultural profile, 3 interviews: one with HR, one with hiring manager and one with team members. Nice culture and friendly staff