Gerdau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gerdau (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very quick and friendly environment, during the phone and sit down interview. I showed up early and i was seen early as well.Ii prepared myself for this interview for a few days because the recruiter called me with a 3 days notice. I expected the interview to be intense and stressful, it was quite the opposite.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to switch over to Gerdau from a competitor?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about two days. Phone interview was done first. Just standard questions related previous experience and projects. They said they would call in 2 weeks if successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerdau (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

there was only one phone call and they only asked basic questions. they said they would call at 2 but it was really 2:30 when they got around to it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed.   1 Answer

MAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Wilton, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

last interview is four back to back interviews with different people asking different question and some more interested on your background and what you have done in the past. They also asked few questions about the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

Very quick process. I applied online. Got an interview request within a day or two and started work the following Monday. Very relaxed process. I met with a regional manager and the rest of the front office staff. There was previously problems with staff getting along so they like to make sure personalities will mesh well.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The human resource was talking really fast. He asked some typical behavior questions. The weird thing is that he didn't ask me to describe myself first instead he asked behavioral questions directly. I he asked about what department anger doubt I would like to join and about one of my research experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience when you are in Lehigh University industrial assessment center? How do you deal with multitask situation? What will you do to help your team member exceeding the clients expectation? Why did you choose mechanical engineering is your master major? What will you do to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • what department do you want to join our company? Would you preferred to work in the office or manufacturing place?   Answer Question

Mill Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first one was with a recruiter and the second was with a hiring manager . They where very friendly and the questions where straight forward. It did take a several weeks between interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

Group interview with usual interview questions. Includes the good guy and the not so good guy. Took about half an hour in the meeting room. A good experience in general

Switchman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

2 interviews, quick to respond

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petersburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau (Petersburg, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got call from HR. Standard STAR questions. Then got a call from a team facilitator that wanted to know more about skills. I explained by what i put on my resume more and he seemed to be ok with it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a project you worked on.   1 Answer