Gerdau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gerdau Interview Questions

Interviews at Gerdau

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

The main Supervisors (3-5 people) interview you and a tour of the rolling mill is given. You will be asked behavioral questions and maybe some engineering questions. Make sure you are knowledgeable and determined and they will appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and Basic EE questions such as ohms law, circuit analysis (resistance, current, voltage)   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later, I was called by 2 different people to schedule a phone screen. I scheduled on their website for the following week and blocked off time from my calendar at my current job. I sat and waited for 30 minutes and never received a call. I sent them an email explaining what happened. She called back 2 hours after scheduled appointment and apologized and said it did not appear on her calendar.
    We rescheduled for the following day. Again took time off work to make call. It's 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time and still no call. Very unprofessional.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

They called me on time and asked behavioral questions. The interview last for 20 minutes. They made me comfortable at the start of my phone. It was really a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gerdau (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very quick and friendly environment, during the phone and sit down interview. I showed up early and i was seen early as well.Ii prepared myself for this interview for a few days because the recruiter called me with a 3 days notice. I expected the interview to be intense and stressful, it was quite the opposite.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to switch over to Gerdau from a competitor?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gerdau in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Process took about two days. Phone interview was done first. Just standard questions related previous experience and projects. They said they would call in 2 weeks if successful.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gerdau (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

there was only one phone call and they only asked basic questions. they said they would call at 2 but it was really 2:30 when they got around to it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed.   1 Answer

MAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Wilton, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

last interview is four back to back interviews with different people asking different question and some more interested on your background and what you have done in the past. They also asked few questions about the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gerdau.

Interview

Very quick process. I applied online. Got an interview request within a day or two and started work the following Monday. Very relaxed process. I met with a regional manager and the rest of the front office staff. There was previously problems with staff getting along so they like to make sure personalities will mesh well.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Contract Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three total interviews with company representatives (not counting any dealings with any type of recruiting firm). The first was an initial phone screening with the General Manager discussing general topics, my job history, what they're looking for, etc. After that, I came in a few weeks later to meet in-person with the General Manager. A little more formal setting, discussed a few specific ideas on territory development, etc. and how I might handle certain scenarios. Finally, after the GM 'signed off' on me, that person arranged an interview with the Regional/Area Sales Manager, the person I'd ultimately be direct-reporting to. This last interview was held off site, more of a lunch meeting. We discussed specific strategies for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you re-establish relationships with customers that we haven't visited or called-on in a few years?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gerdau (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The human resource was talking really fast. He asked some typical behavior questions. The weird thing is that he didn't ask me to describe myself first instead he asked behavioral questions directly. I he asked about what department anger doubt I would like to join and about one of my research experience on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience when you are in Lehigh University industrial assessment center? How do you deal with multitask situation? What will you do to help your team member exceeding the clients expectation? Why did you choose mechanical engineering is your master major? What will you do to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • what department do you want to join our company? Would you preferred to work in the office or manufacturing place?   Answer Question