Getaround Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Getaround Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Getaround in February 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Android Engineer role on Getaround's website. A week later, get an email from HR with a short exercise to complete. It was very simple: create an Android app that pulls data from 500px and displays a grid of images. Finished it in a day or so and submitted. Waited about 3 weeks with no response, so I replied back to HR. They mentioned that their team was working around the clock on a large project and haven't been able to look at my exercise. Then two weeks later, get the rejection email without any reason or feedback.

For one month of waiting and no real feedback or active communication with HR, I felt like it was a big waste of time. Do the exercise if you want practice with developing Android apps, but better to save your time and look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Create a simple Android app that displays a list of popular photos found on 500px.com. A user can top on a photo thumbnail to view a high quality version of it.   Answer Question

Getaround Response

Mar 10, 2017 – Head of People

Thanks for the honest feedback. As the Head of People, I want to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience with Getaround. If you'd like to share more info with us, feel free to reach out ... More

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Getaround.

Interview

The interview was nice. Questions related to the job and I had a chance to apply my background to it and whatnot. General interview questions to make sure your background match. But then she never followed up. I emailed two weeks later and she said "hiring manager is out of town" and then still never got back to me...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews., then nothing for a month despite numerous emails from me on status. After a month and after writing Getaround off I get an email saying I should know something that day. Later in the day I get a rejection letter. Very poor recruiting practices and a total lack of respect for the candidate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview with the hiring manager within the next week. I didn't get a sense of passion or direction from the conversation but thought it'd be worth meeting the rest of the team. Unfortunately, there was ZERO follow up after the interview and my emails inquiring about next steps were completely ignored.

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Test send by email, Group/Panel Interview (twice). General HW questions such as identify components, identify circuits in schematic and come up with some debugging excercises, such as how to debug a HW in a running car.

Interview Questions

• Design a mobile HW jig to log data from the car   1 Answer