Getaround Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall a great experience. Recruiter contacted me first, then I had a phone screen with a senior engineer, followed by an onsite interview.

The process on-site was a bit disorganized, however everyone I spoke to was very nice. Two of the interviews involved coding, 1 more of a system design and another two resume/past experiences. The questions they asked were not hard and had to do with the problems they are facing. So make sure you think of that while preparing.

Interview Questions

Getaround Response

Jul 7, 2017 – People Coordinator

We're glad you had a positive experience, and appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share how the interview process went for you.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Getaround.

Interview

I am just astounded at the manner of how my phone screen was conducted by the hiring manager. The person who I spoke with on the phone was unenthused and seemed irritated/disinterested from the very start. Minimal information was provided about the company and role towards the end of the conversation, however, I gathered within the first 3 minutes of that call that this person had already written me off. Really spoke volumes about the type of environment and culture a person would be getting themselves into.

Getaround is still a relatively new start-up and attracting high functioning and talented employees are essential for the success and growth of the company in order for it to scale up.

I wish Getaround the best, as well as a new people operations department revision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good manager?
      Tell me what do you know about Getaround?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Getaround in May 2017.

Interview

A fairly straight forward process. I interviewed with a lovely lady who was very knowledgeable and courteous. We went over my background and knowledge about the company and it's services. I goofed on one of her questions which cost me the job. The following week I received a rejection email. No harm no foul.

Interview Questions

• What takes priority internal projects or external projects?   1 Answer

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Getaround in February 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Android Engineer role on Getaround's website. A week later, get an email from HR with a short exercise to complete. It was very simple: create an Android app that pulls data from 500px and displays a grid of images. Finished it in a day or so and submitted. Waited about 3 weeks with no response, so I replied back to HR. They mentioned that their team was working around the clock on a large project and haven't been able to look at my exercise. Then two weeks later, get the rejection email without any reason or feedback.

For one month of waiting and no real feedback or active communication with HR, I felt like it was a big waste of time. Do the exercise if you want practice with developing Android apps, but better to save your time and look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Create a simple Android app that displays a list of popular photos found on 500px.com. A user can top on a photo thumbnail to view a high quality version of it.   Answer Question

Getaround Response

Mar 10, 2017 – Head of People

Thanks for the honest feedback. As the Head of People, I want to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience with Getaround. If you'd like to share more info with us, feel free to reach out... More

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Getaround.

Interview

The interview was nice. Questions related to the job and I had a chance to apply my background to it and whatnot. General interview questions to make sure your background match. But then she never followed up. I emailed two weeks later and she said "hiring manager is out of town" and then still never got back to me...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews., then nothing for a month despite numerous emails from me on status. After a month and after writing Getaround off I get an email saying I should know something that day. Later in the day I get a rejection letter. Very poor recruiting practices and a total lack of respect for the candidate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview with the hiring manager within the next week. I didn't get a sense of passion or direction from the conversation but thought it'd be worth meeting the rest of the team. Unfortunately, there was ZERO follow up after the interview and my emails inquiring about next steps were completely ignored.

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Getaround (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Test send by email, Group/Panel Interview (twice). General HW questions such as identify components, identify circuits in schematic and come up with some debugging excercises, such as how to debug a HW in a running car.

Interview Questions

• Design a mobile HW jig to log data from the car   1 Answer