Getaround Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Getaround CEO Sam Zaid
Sam Zaid

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people who work there are mostly great" (in 4 reviews)

• "I also get to work from home about once a week" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company culture is horrible, and there is NO work-life balance" (in 5 reviews)

• "No work life balance & awful pay" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast moving, fun workplace culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Getaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getaround is a midstage startup. It feels like a midstage startup. It's filled with passionate hard working people who deeply believe in making the world a better place.

Getaround moves fast, real fast. Everyone believes in a fail fast mentality. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Iterate, improve, keep moving. I personally love that culture. It's the most fun I've ever had a company.

The benefits are surprisingly great considering it's a startup. Also Getaround pays for $30 of your lunches every week.

Cons

The speed and excitement are not for everyone though. Don't work for Getaround if you're looking for a cushy corporate job.

Advice to Management

Launch more markets!

"Fast-growing startup with solid offering"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Getaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tangible consumer facing product that aims to reduce the rate of car ownership and make better use of existing parked cars.

Lots of room for growth and new features to make renters and owners lives even easier and hopefully allow more people to live car-free. Regular launches in new markets.

Competitive pay. Good benefits (full medical plan). Nice office. Good, helpful people.

Cons

The tech stack is a mix of very new, cutting edge tech and old. Thankfully we’re moving away from the old tech.

3. "Brand Ambassador"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Boston, MA

I have been working at Getaround part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible hours for full time students
    - Great corporate staff

Cons

- Hours/events are seasonal, so workload can be inconsistent

"Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Getaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work with genuinely inspiring people every day. All of my coworkers care about the customers as well as the other employees. Everyone who isn't in San Francisco works in small teams in different cities and those small teams become like family. There is also a lot of transparency, which I appreciate. I can reach out to anyone at any team within the company and have my questions answered. We all work really hard and are passionate about what we do, but there is also unlimited PTO to balance that out. I also get to work from home about once a week.

Cons

I'm available to the team I manage 8am-8pm M-F, so there are plenty of days I'm working long hours. Of course I'm not in the office that entire time so it's not as stressful.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, they have great ideas. Hire a few more people where we have pain points (claims, CH, a weekend auto tech)

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Getaround full-time

Pros

You work with awesome people. The environment is great.

Cons

Can get really busy but that's what a growing business comes with!

6. "If you love yourself DON'T WORK HERE"

Pros

NONE.. they'll throw you the occasional bone ( $5 Amazon gift card) to whoever takes the highest amount of calls during busy hours. Definition of a rat race!

Cons

I don't have 5 hours to explain in detail how god awful this place is. Short and simple management is uneducated, the cars that the company owns are the biggest problem, and if you ever get hired make sure that you are prepared for termination because it is knocking on the door during day 1.

Advice to Management

Please resign and hire competent people - it's perplexing that you guys are still in business. Hiring illiterate people for management positions shows who you guys are cheap!!. You're running a clown show just show you can save a nickel, and I promise you it will be your companies demise.

7. "Open Communication. Growth vision."

Current Employee - Part of the City Team
    Current Employee - Part of the City Team

I have been working at Getaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getaround displays sound communication and transparency, even with a solid number of employees being in remote office across the nation. Getaround is focused on empowering people and giving them access that they would not have had otherwise. There is a good balance of autonomy and coaching in order to drive empowerment of the employees. The company's growth and partnerships speak for themselves. Employees have a tangible impact daily on the direction of the business and the success the company has had to this point.

Cons

As any other startup, there are ample structures and processes that can be improved. This happens over time, not over night. The ones who see that and can intelligently and collaboratively work through it are the ones who will thrive and grow into success. Those who complain in the background are just that, in the background. People who don't understand and don't try to understand are the quickest to have a negative outlook.

Advice to Management

Continue to make growth, development, and career pathing a priority. The more opportunity you can provide as the company expands, the more retention and prosperity you will see.

"Potential, but severely lacking, with a culture problem"

I have been working at Getaround full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate people working hard in a really interesting transportation space. Catered lunches, and dog friendly. Team leaders care about their people.

Cons

There is a real top-down culture problem at this company, which creates a resentful attitude by the rank and file. Executive management say they want to improve, but you only see lip-service in company meetings. Teams commit to lots of stuff but can't get much done and out the door, and aren't well supported.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better. Even if you need to make business deals with other partners, make it clear that employees are contributing to the core mission.

9. "Growth oriented, disruptive, and genuine startup with huge potential"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Getaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- brilliant, hardworking team
    - new product, new industry
    - growth mindset

Cons

- not a household name
    - risk of any startup

Advice to Management

Continue to advance tech innovations in hardware and software to be at the forefront of the changing automotive landscape. Launch new markets fast.

"Great team and interesting work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Getaround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very exciting and challenging projects as we continue to scale. Great perks like catered lunches, flexible work from home time and great leadership.

Cons

A lot of work and not enough people, however, our company is very focused on hiring the right people so we can continue to scale.