Gexpro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu Landing, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gexpro (Honolulu Landing, HI) in January 2014.

Interview

It was long but very worthwhile. There were a total of three interviews all lasted at least half an hour. The Sales Manager was very nice and polite. I would say it was overall a casual, but in depth interview.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gexpro (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Up front and basic interviews mostly directed at past experiences and comfort level driving sales to meet or exceed goals set by management. Started with phone interviews then progressed to face to face interviews. I was given four phone interviews. One with an HR recruiter then one with a manager of HR, then the local branch manager and finally the area manager. Face to face interviews followed with the local branch manager and operations manager. Then the final one was with the area manager. All were pretty up front about expectations and focused on what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation where you had a customer become irate about an order that was filled wrong? And how did you go about rectifying that situation?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Gexpro (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

They do not hire directly on. You must go through a Staffing Service. Once you interview with staffing, you interview with management. They then hire you on through staffing agency. If you are working out well they will keep you on. But beware, I lost a dollar on the hour when I became a direct employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone whom may have a different background or lifestyle?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gexpro (Shelton, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

It was a very positive experience for me. They asked a multitude of technical accounting and finance questions that were fairly simple and straightforward. They are looking for people who are interested in finance, who have business or internship experience and leadership ability. This position is focused for people who will continue to grow within the company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gexpro (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

1 interview in person, very informal, more of a conversation than an interview. the interviewer came in and put his feet up on the desk which made me feel a little uncomfortable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gexpro (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview consisted of situational and behavioral questions. Following the phone interview I was told there would be a second interview with a different Gexpro executive. Never got the opportunity to interview that second time. After minimal contact for a period of two weeks, I received word that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the three most important aspects of teamwork?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gexpro.

Interview

Though I have heard of some pretty advanced interview processes for DSLP candidates, there was none for interns; most likely because there is not much competition for interns.

Interview Questions

• For a possible follow-up internship next year, I was asked, "What could you bring to Gexpro." The reason that this question is so complicated is because first you have to analyze exactly WHICH field you plan to go into. This being both a supply-chain, sales, solutions, and electrical distribution company, there are many many different paths to take.

Once you determine the path you think will be for you in the future, really consider what it is about you that makes you the ideal candidate for an asset in that area.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation stage is NOT a pass/fail. Don't worry about this phase at all. If someone asks for too much as a startup, the worst answer they are going to get is "no", but they are not going to get turned away. Obviously the company wants you, or they wouldn't be asking you about pay rate anyways. For interns in their first year, expect $15-$16 hourly. For inside sales, expect $38.5k annual. DSLP ~$34 annual.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gexpro (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. Questions revolved around resume information and behavioral situations. Interview to understand personality and ensure fit. Lasted about twenty minutes. Very easy and positive experience. Only took a little bit to hear back from them on the process and further checks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gexpro.

Interview

Very easy going. Manager was looking for a temp to fill position so interview was laid back. I was asked the basic interview questions. Was not nervous because manager made it comfortable.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gexpro in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager conducted the interview in a comfortable and inconspicous location putting me at ease. His questions:-) were relevant and forthright.

Interview Questions

• Names of firms and contacts in trading area.   1 Answer