Gilbane Building Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gilbane Building Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Gilbane Building Company

2.7

Construction Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company in March 2017.

Interview

Got a referral from someone in the field, got a call for HR interview, followed by a phone interview with project site manager. Overall, process was very simple and really got t talk about myself and what I wanted to learn from this internship and my interests. Really great how this company tries to work with you to find the right project for you and help you grow as a person and develop your interests in the specific parts of the field that you enjoy and are passionate about.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asking about school courses, grades, extracurriculars   4 Answers

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Vienna, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward, not very difficult or tricky, the actual offer letter took a good week to receive, a lot of people have to sign off on offer letters.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

After applying HR contacted me. I then was called in for an onsite interview at one of the job sites. I had a 1st interview onsite with the site manager. About two weeks later I had a 2nd interview with the company Gilbane was contracted to do work for management. A few days later Gilbane called me and said they we're preparing an offer for me. And we discussed my salary range. They did make an offer and I accepted he offer. And after a background check was completed I started work about three weeks after the initial offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing am I looking for in a role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy they had a range and I had one as well. We met close to the middle on salary.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then came into office and was asked the usual questions. They were very flexible and got me in in a timely manner. The phone interview was very causal, I spoke with who my direct boss would be. Then after, they decided to have me come into their office for an in person interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the construction industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Providence, RI) in February 2019.

Interview

One on one in-person on site interview. Process is very clear and approachable, HR staff is helpful at every step. Employee/interview conductor was very kind and honest. Took around 3 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• STAR based behavioral questions (situation, task, action, result)   1 Answer

Gilbane Building Company Response

Apr 12, 2019 – SVP, Corporate Director Human Resources

Appreciate you sharing your experience. Wish you the best. Thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

it was nice and they were friendly. I was 100 % sure i got the job but apparently i did not get the job. I am still applying to them and hoping I get a second chance

Interview Questions

Gilbane Building Company Response

Apr 12, 2019 – SVP, Corporate Director Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sorry, you didn't get an offer. It could be for any number of reasons. Glad to hear you're still applying. If you're flexible about location be sure to... More

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview selection process was competitive and held on campus. The interviewees were respectful and competent. Initial interview was held by panel, and then second round was with upper management and HR.

Interview Questions

• Questioned: Goals, Objectives, Technical Construction Questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview from a career fair and they called me in for an interview. They accepted one person from each college they visited. The person interviewing was extremely friendly and was easy to talk to

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company in October 2015.

Interview

They recruit on campus at the career fair. They respond like a month later asking for an on campus interview, which was at most 30 minutes asking fairly straight forward behavioral interview questions. There was only one interview as far as I know.

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbane Building Company (Providence, RI).

Interview

I applied online and got a note from the recruiter to set up time. We talked for about 40 minutes and things seemed to go well and she said she would get back to me with next steps. I followed up with a thank you and never received a reply. I let a week go by and followed up again and still nothing. It's been almost 4 weeks without any email to let me know what happened. This does not reflect how a TA function should handle their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What past experience makes you a fit for this role?   4 Answers