Gilbarco Veeder-Root Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gilbarco Veeder-Root

2.8

Sort:

SQA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root in July 2013.

Interview

It was great interview

Interview Questions

• Interviews were informative   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root.

Interview

Online application, followed be a phone interview, then an in-person interview. All handled very quickly, was a pretty easy process. Everyone was very friendly and interviews weren't stressful. The process went very smoothly.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root (Greensboro, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager could of cared less about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went ok.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by HR - did a resume and experience screen - then arranged for an in person with hiring manager off site. Interview went really well - conversation lasted longer than originally anticipated. We discussed the general direction and strategies they were taking, I offered some input - it was a great dialogue overall. It ended sounding really positive and that I should hear back by the end of the week. So - end of the week came and went - no response. I sent a follow up to both the hiring manager and HR - nothing. Another week - I sent another follow up - nothing. If this is how they treat a qualified candidate who had a great interview, politely followed up TWICE and still did not receive the courtesy of even a "no thank you" - - I can only imagine how they treat their employees what a blessing in disguise NOT to get involved with such an unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• What was one failure you experienced in your career and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root (Greensboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview (30 min) then proceeded to a plant tour, then individual interviews with 3 people (120 min). Gilbarco was nice enough to fly me down to the office and will reimburse for other travel/lodging expenses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to encourage group members to do more work.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root in July 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by HR. Phone screen by 3+ managers at the same time. Brought in to interview with 4 people. Took a few weeks to get an offer.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root (Greensboro, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Was not real lengthy, but I could tell they dnt care who they hire, and they will tell u what u want to hear.. But it was fun and I made a lot a money

Assembly Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root (Greensboro, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and easy. Give you a tour of the warehouse while conducting interview you can wear jeans and sneakers and don't have to dress up for the interview. The AA was very pleasant and down to earth.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root.

Interview

Two rounds-Telephonic and Skype. It was an easy interview overall. No relocation allowance. But they are very bad at negotiation if you don't have a God father inside the company.

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gilbarco Veeder-Root (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

This ended up being almost an eight week process. I applied through a job posting from a recruitment firm. The initial phone screening took place a week later, followed by a phone interview and a scheduled four hour on-site visit. The on-site interview was with an HR rep, consisting of standard HR questions (why are you looking, describe your management style, etc.), and interviews with the hiring manager, and two managers who would be considered co-workers. Two days following this, I had a phone interview with the CIO. No feedback for over two weeks, and then another phone interview with a Security analyst from the parent company. I was also supposed to have a phone interview the same day with another HR rep, who did not make the call due to a mistake on her side. An in person interview with the new head of HR took place a week later.

The entire process was very unorganized and disjointed. Each person in the interview process seemed to have a different opinion on what the job was supposed to entail. See the response below regarding the "most unexpected question". They do not seem to be in agreement as to whether they want a Security/Network manager to maintain their firewalls, or a Security Program Manager to handle their audits.

The office itself, as has been noted in other reviews, is not a place where I would have enjoyed working. Very outdated, cramped, and cluttered. Very much a 1960s/1970s manufacturing plant, with offices tacked on as an afterthought. I also noted that there were 10 - 15 prime parking places designated for various executives. That is not something I would expect from an organization that has a teamwork culture.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired and came to work here, what would be the potential things that would make you regret your decision after a few months working here?   1 Answer