Glen Dimplex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Glen Dimplex Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2018

Interviews for Top Jobs at Glen Dimplex

Head of Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hedge End, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glen Dimplex (Hedge End, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation - 2 interviews, first was with senior members of the business, 2nd was with Head of the department.

1st Stage was fine and what you would expect for a senior position, questions were indepth and focused around results and performance. Interviewers were friendly, knowledgeable and interesting.

2nd interview was quite frankly the worst interview I have ever taken part in. The interviewer was late, flustered and clearly had never read my CV - he sat in the interview reading it on his laptop; whilst simultaneously trying to kick start the interview.

Clearly this was detrimental to his ability to perform any semblance of a structured interview. It was evident he had no questions planned; there was a great deal of 'umm'ing' and 'ahh'ing' as he tried to think of appropriate questions. In the end I had to take control just to get the interview started by asking myself a question and then answering it, while he got on with reading my CV.

When questions were asked, he was still so busy reading my CV trying to prepare for the next question that he wasn't listening to the answer (so there was no cross questioning), most of the time he didn't even realise I had finished talking.

The only time he came to life was when discussing his admiration of their Non-Exec Chairman; I estimate this took up approx 50% of the interview.

Feedback received was that he felt he 'didn't click' with me. I can't say that I was surprised by this, especially given the fact he clearly wasn't listening for half the interview and the half was an over the top form of hero worship.

Overall a bullet dodged; not an individual I would have wanted to work for as he clearly was not capable of managing his time or thoughts with any structure or clarity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have directly influenced a companies brand development and how was this received throughout the company?   Answer Question

R&D Eng Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glen Dimplex.

Interview

Asked some technical questions related to role and some HR questions. Went through CV and described past experience and relevancy to the role. Overall a decent interview experience, nothing unexpected.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glen Dimplex (Nottingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial informal interview. Followed by formal interview. Interview was easy to organise and worked well for me regarding time and location. No need to go to head office for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What my background knowledge was on appliances. What I know about the industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Happy to negotiate on holiday and benefits

Group IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portadown, Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glen Dimplex (Portadown, Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

panel of three people, general questions not specific to the company. They started off with background of the company and a plan for the future and then asked me what I wanted from the post and my experience.