Global Eagle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, even rushed in some cases. It felt a little backward because it consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter, an on-site interview with the Head of HR and some video interviews with an HR Manager and concluded by a video interview with an HR Business Partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you source and interview for a position you've never hired for before.   Answer Question

Global Eagle Response

Feb 22, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Many thanks for your review. Our candidates' feedback is important to us.

We apologize if your experience felt in any way "backward". It is paramount for us to ensure that adequate levels of... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle.

Interview

Got referred through friend. Interview within a week. First call from recruiter, basic questions about me and education, called again after couple of weeks and setup phone interview with hiring manager.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks total. Started with a hiring manager that did my pre screen. Then I talked to the director of the company. It was determined they could not come close to my current salary being a start up company, their main intention is to get bought out by GoGo...go figure!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage requirements?
      How do you manage projects?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

This review is for the pre-interview process. I had a recruiter reach out with interest in speaking with me about an "exciting position", but he was preoccupied with salary discussions in the initial e-mail. I initially pushed back politely and requested the salary range for the position, thinking that he'd let the matter go until later in the process. A few weeks passed and I completely wrote the company off, but then the recruiter pinged me earlier in the week stating that he wouldn't share the salary range because there were other considerations and again asking for my range. I replied indicating that I wouldn't share my salary expectations, because there were other considerations and I wanted to talk to people and understand the opportunity better before backing myself into a corner from a compensation perspective. I then received an automated response that I had been rejected for the role. Frankly, I'm glad that I was rejected, because then I didn't have to deal with the arrogant recruiter anymore. It says a lot about an organization, when the first conversation is compensation. I've gladly taken compensation cuts for challenging growth opportunities in the past, so for me compensation was the last thing on my mind. I am glad that I didn't waste any further time on this company - there are plenty of great opportunities out there and it wouldn't surprise me if positions are difficult to fill at this organization. Kudos to the recruiter for helping me dodge a bullet here. You aren't good at your job of finding candidates, but you are amazing at driving them away!

Interview Questions

• What salary are you expecting?   1 Answer

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Process took a really long time. 4 individual rounds of interviews usually 2 weeks apart. CFO interview took longest since he skipped the first scheduled date and then it took a bit of time to reschedule. Finally completed all rounds. Company indicated that all feedback was positive and they wanted to check references. Company checked references and indicated that all references were positive. then the company went on radio silence for two weeks. After two weeks received e-mail from company saying CEO was taking company in new direction and they couldn't extend an offer. It was a pretty stupid and a total loser move. Why bother interviewing with anyone other than the CEO if he is the only one in the company capable of making decisions on behalf of the company. I would avoid this company. Seems like it is a very volatile place where decisions are being made impulsively. Company has lost 85% of its total stock value in past 5 years (i.e. during longest bull run in US Stock Market history). If this is executive management's performance during good times, imagine what will happen to this company during a recession. I would pass on this dog.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Long, convoluted, interrupted, unprofessional process. I was approached by the company to help them figure out the go-to-market strategy and execution. This had come via an introduction by one of their existing senior execs. I was hesitant at first after looking at the company's financials and stock price but was intrigued by the market. I've been involved in several turn-arounds before so often times the worst companies are the best opportunities from a career perspective. Well, to say they had an actual "process" would be an affront to processes. First, I spoke to a fairly low-level HR woman who seemed to act as though I was the one who contacted them, not the other way around. After explaining to her that I had been contacted, I had to effectively walk her through what a processes would look like - from simple things like how to schedule phone interviews to getting documents like an actual position description. It was bizarre, but I chalked it up to an organization that had experienced a lot of change recently. After several phone conversations with senior execs, they finally scheduled in-person interviews. Once again, I had to reach out to the HR people to ask basic things like, "do you have a travel agency to book my travel or do I book it myself?" and "is there an Administrator for whom I should ask when I arrive?". Throughout the process, it felt like they were not used to recruiting senior people, nor did they understand that there is a difference between that process and hiring an hourly worker. Anyway, the in-person interviews were good - most of the exec team seemed very smart and committed. However, it became very apparent that this is a company that desperately needs some structure and process on their go-to-market front. So, in a weird way, I looked at that chaos as opportunity. Well, things went well and I had follow on conversations with several execs and employees who indicated to me that an offer was imminent. I was slow-paddling another competitive offer at the time, so was getting a bit aggravated with their pseudo-interest and intermittent communication. During this time, the company asked for professional references. I gave them several people, all senior folks who are CEOs or Partners at private equity firms. To my my shock, the company sent out a ridiculous questionnaire for these references to fill in , then email back to the Global Eage HR people. How bizarre and inappropriate. As one of my references (a Silicon Valley CEO) said, "I'll gladly speak to them about your talents but do you really want to even work at a place that is this messed up?" I received several other voicemails and emails from other references along these lines. I alerted a senior HR person about this dumb process and he appeared to not even know they had done this. Crazy. Anyway, just as I was about to forget the opportunity altogether, one of the senior team called me late one night asking to talk about marketing budgets, etc. I obliged and had a good 30 minute conversation with him. Then, radio silence for a week. Then, after me reaching out to the VP of HR, he finally said "yes, it's probably better for you to pursue other opps right now." Crazy, unprofessional and juvenile process. I was not shocked to read a week later about their financial fiasco, which Bernie Madoff would have been proud of. So, in a way, I dodged a major bullet. I just wish they hadn't wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive $750m in revenue with a marketing budget of $4m?   3 Answers

Director, Global Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was informative and engaging. Quite a few stages involved, from future line manager (SVP of HR), future HRLT peers and key stakeholders due to the nature and level of the role. However the process was smooth and expedient in terms of timeframes. An exciting opportunity was presented and I was delighted to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused around my background & experience, technical skillset, leadership ability and cultural fit against the backdrop of GEE's Core Values and People Culture.   Answer Question

Metadata Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR.
    In person interview at their location in Orange County, CA.

The interview was average. It was a panel interview. There were specifics that were told to me up front, such as that it was a contract position, pay and hours. There was some room for negotiation on pay, but not much. I very much enjoyed working there. They did not have a full-time position available at the conclusion of my contract, otherwise I would have stayed. I am not a fan of going back to former companies so I have not looked at their job board for other opportunities since then.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in IFE?
      What is metadata?
      How would you describe your experience in entertainment?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Do you like autonomous or team collaborative roles?
      Many "tell me about a time when" questions   Answer Question

Subtitle Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview first then invite back for the second interview. One of the best interview I had, they were chill and had an hour long interview going through the position and my resume but feels more like just causal chatting. Had interview with one of the editor and the director, both very friendly and easy going. They explain the position thoroughly and talk about each steps of the process then I hear back a week or so later for an offer.

Content Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Eagle (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The first step was a 30 min. phone interview which consisted of a casual discussion about my work experience. I was told that I was the right candidate for the role but unfortunately several ppl had already gone in for a physical interview. I was offered a chance at another open position but after that point none of my emails to the interviewer were ever returned. I guess the company is too busy to reply to candidates?

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding salary expectations, distance from home to office, previous work experience, start date, why i'm leaving current job, etc.   Answer Question