Global Hunter Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Hunter Securities Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Global Hunter Securities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Global Hunter Securities (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

1) Informal Interview
    2) Company Note
    3) Industry Note

I found the job through a recruiter. The hiring process was taking forever. I found another job, while they were still trying to make up their mind. The hours are extreme. One can find better hours and higher compensation at other shops.

All Full Time Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Hunter Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy. No testing. Not complicated or in depth. Dress professionally. Be quick, anecdotal, name drop. Show eagerness and ready to work. Be polished and prepared to meet everyone in the office. Don't sweat under pressure. Go with the punches and laugh at all the jokes.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions. Just be prepared to work all the time!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate salary at the very beginning and stick with your number. There is room for negotiation. Don't settle for their final number.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Hunter Securities (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

One round interview with research team that lasted three hours. First interview had technical questions and the remaining time was spent on fit questions. I was notified within a few days that I had received a verbal offer from the research team and that I would have a phone interview with the director of research prior to receiving a formal offer. Director of research wanted to try to get a feel over the phone, but in the end, the decision came down to the research team and not the director of research.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions you see in every investment banking interview. Mostly was a fit interview after that.   Answer Question

IB Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Global Hunter Securities.

Interview

All questions are very ordinary. Nothing very hard. Basically they will have several people meet you, go through your resume, and try to find out why you want to be in an IB. You should show your interests if IB is what you want.

Interview Questions

• Get prepared for question like "why do you want to work in IB". Nothing hard but very important.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied and interviewed on campus. 30 minute interview. It was pretty laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Hunter Securities (New Orleans, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

1st interview- technical/behavioral mix. In person and very conversational with a few technical questions thrown in the mix. lasted about 30 minutes and got a call back for a second round interview a week after my follow up. Most questions are medium range and they target what you say you are comfortable with

Interview Questions

• what is the climate of the energy industry? then they ask why a few times.   1 Answer

Other opportunity

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Global Hunter Securities (New Orleans, LA) in September 2012.

Interview

On campus interview, took about 30 minutes. Interviewer was rude and unprofessional. Didn't do much talking, just went straight into technical questions.