Global It Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Global It Solutions

Candidate Interview Review

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Global It Solutions in June 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, setting up a telephonic interview with a Recruiting Specialist for the following week. Phone interview was very relaxed, mainly reviewing my resume and answering about 3 personality-based questions. Afterwards, I had to submit a short writing sample (2 questions, 2 paragraphs each). The following day, I was contacted by the regional investigator supervisor and scheduled a 1 on 2 interview. The interview was more demanding than the first, asking many situational questions that only an experienced investigator would know. But, the team did also applaud my resume and dug deeper about my skills and qualifications. The next day I received a conditional offer of employment, which I accepted. Since then, I have undergone an initial background check, a drug screen, and now am submitting a TS federal security clearance (even though they already reciprocated my Secret level clearance from DoD). Now this might take anywhere from 1 to 6 months (hopefully not so long) to adjudicate. If cleared, I will start 2 weeks later. The whole process is a long one! I've done my best to be timely, but HR drags their feet a little. For those interested, just hang in there, but try to find some work in the interim since the process takes so long (I got the first phone call back in mid-May and am still not "working" yet). It seems to be worth the wait, though.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the case subject's former employer is upset about potentially losing his employee to a new job. (hence the BG investigation), and demands you to not speak with any other employees in the office?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about frequent yet sporadic travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it. The salary is low, and some complain about the perks of the company vehicle, computer, gas card, etc. But I've worked in some situations before, where you realize that driving a company car on company gas is well worth it... Think about getting rid of a car payment, licensing fees, the gas you buy going to and from work, etc... If you do the math, it becomes pretty obvious that these are worthy perks to have.