Gogo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gogo Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Internal Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process at Gogo was efficient, comfortable, and enjoyable. I had a screening call, a call with the hiring manager, and lastly, an on-site visit at which time I met with 5 different Gogo interviewers that would potentially be on my team if hired. Overall, I was pleased at the level of communication with the recruiter and the efficiency of the process. I highly recommend Gogo - it's an innovative, cutting-edge company that takes care of its people and customers!

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and streamlined. I applied directly through LinkedIn, and was set up with a phone screen with the Talent Coordinator. The next step was a Technical Phone Screen with their Director, and then an onsite. The process overall took two or three weeks.

The onsite interview was first panel-style with a couple of potential colleagues, alternating with individual interviewers, all of which would be on the same team. Everyone was really nice, and what was really great was that you are treated like an adult throughout their process. None of the suspicious 'you need to prove yourself' and 'we do not trust you' tactics typical of many companies.

I will say Gogo has an amazing culture. You can feel it and everyone seems to love the company and their work. It's evident they want to ensure you will be a fit for the team and by consequence will give preference to someone working with some of their existing tools or languages.

In my opinion, giving preference to candidates who are already using these tools or languages can be both good and bad: good because this shows solid process, bad because teams can get 'tunnel vision'; and might be missing out on very strong candidates who can pick these languages up quickly, and give alternate perspective on some of the processes.

Overall, it was a pleasure meeting with the team and they seem to have a solid DevOps Practice. I also came out learning about a few tools which I am taking to my next company.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a major Project you managed?   Answer Question

Customs and Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a team interview scheduled with 9 people over two days at two locations. Both interview sessions were approximately 3 hours. I met with various members of the Supply Chain team and associated departments. . The main thing about the gogo process is that it moved quickly and you were definitely contacted when promised. The process moved so quickly it took me by surprise. I finished the interview on Friday afternoon and got the offer on Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work long hours in an unstructured environment?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very normal, two phone interviews and two onsite interviews. Gogo uses Jobvite as a tool for the recruitment process so it is nice to track where you are in the process. Everyone was very nice, lots of behavioral and situational questions. The Gogo building in downtown Chicago is very modern and new, lots of amenities, impressive!

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the director, feet support manager, and AMCC manger at different times to discuss the position. The process took about 2 hours and we discussed various topics, such as troubleshooting, working with the airlines on getting work done on time, personality and character while talking with vendors and airlines personnel, and working with different computer programs.

Interview Questions

• What type of troubleshooting work I have done.   1 Answer

Senior BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

There was 2 rounds of the interview. One was telephonic and the other was F2F which was scheduled immediately after telephonic. Process was very quick and the team is great.

Interview Questions

• Checked my overall experience. Technical and behavior experiences.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

First off, I was really interested with the job description and applied online with my resume. The recruiter got back to me asking about what times are good to talk and I mentioned the next day would be fine. Later I did not hear from the recruiter for close to 2 weeks (looks like he quit). I sent couple of followup email and no response yet (I thought the position was filled). Then another recruiter responds telling that the previous recruiter quit few days ago and that she would take it from here.

Had a brief conversation with the recruiter the next day and she setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was to call me at 3 and never received a call until 3:30 (he did apologize for calling late). Basic Object Oriented questions and looks like it went well and they arranged an in-person interview in few days. Asked me what I would have for lunch from Jimmy John's menu.

Met the recruiter and she started by the tour of the workplace. I was to meet couple of senior engineers, managers and the VP. Everyone seemed reasonable except for one who didnt seem he was interested at all. Not sure if he understood my responses at all, he was turning them down as wrong answers. At one point after the interview he mentioned that he would sit and check his email until the next person arrives. Surprisingly, the interview was over after a chat with VP and no sign of lunch (I should have planned better). Nobody had a clue that there was supposed to be lunch. I felt a little disorganized at this point. Also, the recruiter never got back to me about the outcome. In about 2 weeks I emailed and they said they already hired someone!

Interview Questions

• Object oriented concepts, state diagram, default object methods, design a POS system, design a paginated API without spring data, Reactive programming, Functional programming   Answer Question

Gogo Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Employer

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. The review has been helpful in providing specific feedback to understand your candidate experience. We apologize that the time to receive your ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I did a phone screen with an HR screener, then a technical phone screen with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 3 others (managers and above).

The in-person interviews were very heavy on Java knowledge and state machines. Interviewers covered a good range of topics (coding up to system design) but did not get a chance to meet any future peers, only managers and up. Most interviewers were kind and informative and enthusiastic, but one was extremely distracted checking their email.

Interview Questions

• Write a Java function to sort an array.
      Draw a state diagram for a garage door opener circuit.
      Design a point-of-sale system for a large retailer with an online presence.
      Also, many Java trivia questions, like in which Java version did this feature come out, what is the difference between these 2 annotations, etc.
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

HR call told me that I was in the hiring manager's short list. She ask about my knowledge of programming languages and data analysis. After that we set the time for a call with the hiring manager. The call was two days latter. He was very friendly and we had a good call. We talk about Gogo, about my resume.

Interview Questions

• He finally ask me to rate my knowledge in python, R, SQL, machine learning, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was picked by the hiring manager. First I had a phone call from HR followed by phone screen with the hiring manager. A week later half a day 1:1 interview with 5 employees from the company.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talking about relevant experience.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example about a time when you were not able to accomplish the goals and what was your reaction.   Answer Question