Gogo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gogo Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gogo in October 2017.

Interview

Received a very quick (under 7 days) response to a LinkedIn application. The recruiter scheduled a phone screen with me, which seemed to go well. I received positive feedback and he said he would follow up with next steps within the week. I emailed him for an update the following week when I had heard nothing, and he seems to have dropped off the Earth. No responses to subsequent emails.

The non-responsiveness is kind of normal at this point, but there's no need to lie about being able to respond soon and then ghosting. This is surprisingly bad behavior for a company that should be beyond this point.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on the phone for screening. Then received a 1 hour call from the Sr. Director of Procurement. He confessed he was new to the role and was asked by Gogo to set up the Purchasing department a few years ago and most of his team was new. Within a week I was invited to the site for 7 one-on-one interviews half hour each. Most of them were nice - typical questions off the resume and behavioral. There was good conversation back and forth as I had done a lot of research about their products. The HR guy showed me around the facility. The Sr. Director of Procurement was unavailable that day so he scheduled an off-site interview with me a few days later. The interview lasted for 2 HOURS at a coffee shop and he literally grilled me in detail on how things were done at my previous company. I felt he was trying to learn more about processes from me than interested in hiring me for the role. The guy also had a poor body language. It was hard to get even a smile from him. Why would the interview last 2 hours ? Anyhow, within a few days after I received an automated email from Jobvite that I was not selected. No feedback offered.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions on processes and things done at my previous role which I found unreasonable. I was expecting more behavior type questions.   Answer Question

Internal Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process at Gogo was efficient, comfortable, and enjoyable. I had a screening call, a call with the hiring manager, and lastly, an on-site visit at which time I met with 5 different Gogo interviewers that would potentially be on my team if hired. Overall, I was pleased at the level of communication with the recruiter and the efficiency of the process. I highly recommend Gogo - it's an innovative, cutting-edge company that takes care of its people and customers!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen about general recent experiences which is pretty usual, then just went into random Java trivia questions. None of the engineers had much skill at interviewing. Generally reading the resume and asking about what they've read. When they ran out of resume, they just started asking about random technologies that they use, but aren't necessarily related to your experience, even after explaining that. Web Sockets! Be prepared to talk about that because I was asked at least three times about how it works.

One guy, when he ran out of things to talk about opened up his laptop and pulled up his list of 100 Java interview questions and just started asking random Java trivia questions. These were supposedly Senior and Director level engineers. Big red flags for me, but if you want to do well, just read and memorize Java trivia

Interview Questions

• What is difference between Classnotfoundexception and Noclassdeffounderror in Java?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screener -> technical phone screen -> on site 4 part panel interview. Process took about a month overall.

Interview started with a technical interview including whiteboarding several small problems in Java. The problems were not challenging however there was little room for improvised answers. Next there was another technical interview which was more thought process based and not as code focused. After that there were two interviews, one with my potential manager and one with another manager of another team. Lastly I met with the VP who assured me if I got this far in the process, thats likely a good sign. I was extended an offer less than a week later.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and streamlined. I applied directly through LinkedIn, and was set up with a phone screen with the Talent Coordinator. The next step was a Technical Phone Screen with their Director, and then an onsite. The process overall took two or three weeks.

The onsite interview was first panel-style with a couple of potential colleagues, alternating with individual interviewers, all of which would be on the same team. Everyone was really nice, and what was really great was that you are treated like an adult throughout their process. None of the suspicious 'you need to prove yourself' and 'we do not trust you' tactics typical of many companies.

I will say Gogo has an amazing culture. You can feel it and everyone seems to love the company and their work. It's evident they want to ensure you will be a fit for the team and by consequence will give preference to someone working with some of their existing tools or languages.

In my opinion, giving preference to candidates who are already using these tools or languages can be both good and bad: good because this shows solid process, bad because teams can get 'tunnel vision'; and might be missing out on very strong candidates who can pick these languages up quickly, and give alternate perspective on some of the processes.

Overall, it was a pleasure meeting with the team and they seem to have a solid DevOps Practice. I also came out learning about a few tools which I am taking to my next company.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a major Project you managed?   Answer Question

Customs and Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a team interview scheduled with 9 people over two days at two locations. Both interview sessions were approximately 3 hours. I met with various members of the Supply Chain team and associated departments. . The main thing about the gogo process is that it moved quickly and you were definitely contacted when promised. The process moved so quickly it took me by surprise. I finished the interview on Friday afternoon and got the offer on Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work long hours in an unstructured environment?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very normal, two phone interviews and two onsite interviews. Gogo uses Jobvite as a tool for the recruitment process so it is nice to track where you are in the process. Everyone was very nice, lots of behavioral and situational questions. The Gogo building in downtown Chicago is very modern and new, lots of amenities, impressive!

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with the director, feet support manager, and AMCC manger at different times to discuss the position. The process took about 2 hours and we discussed various topics, such as troubleshooting, working with the airlines on getting work done on time, personality and character while talking with vendors and airlines personnel, and working with different computer programs.

Interview Questions

• What type of troubleshooting work I have done.   1 Answer

Senior BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gogo (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

There was 2 rounds of the interview. One was telephonic and the other was F2F which was scheduled immediately after telephonic. Process was very quick and the team is great.

Interview Questions

• Checked my overall experience. Technical and behavior experiences.   Answer Question