Goken America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goken America

2.7

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goken America (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews with Goken America. I applied to posting in an Alumni group on Linkedin. Within a few days I was emailed to set up a time to speak for an interview. I spoke with recruitment for the firs interview. The first interview was good, spoke about the job itself, the company where they came from, where they were going. For the second interview I spoke with Senior Management, got more insight on the company and how they do things. The second interview was also good. I was given a offer a few days later and accepted.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goken America in March 2017.

Interview

hr asks about your experience and if the resume is relevant sets up for a telephonic interview and then a group panel interview face to face on the basics of drawing views and catia skill test and questions from your resume

Interview Questions

• basic understanding of drawings and their different views and catia skill test on surfacing and wireframe design with bracket design. drafts, cuts, sweep commands.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goken America (Dublin, OH).

Interview

I contacted the recruiter through LinkedIn and she got back to me the next day. The entire process took not more than 2 weeks and it was of 4 rounds. most part of it was casual. 3rd and 4th rounds got a bit technical.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my experience in automobile industry. Technical round was easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goken America (Daytona Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I first had an interview with the recruiter at Goken America. A second interview followed with the group of the company that I would be contracted to along with the company's HR representative. I was asked routine questions about my experience and why I would be a good fit for the position

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being required to wear a uniform and are you comfortable working overtime?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goken America in October 2011.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview(~40 min) with the General Manager. He explained briefly about the position and the company. Then it started getting to questions phase, It was more on past experiences and skills. Amount of CAD experience I had. Some behavioral questions. I was also asked to fill up a questionnaire and send it back to them. It asked me to describe my skills and experience in details with reference to the job position requirements.

Second one was with a senior engineer from the client side after a week. This interview was on phone as well (about ~50 min long). More technical questions. Was asked more in details about my skills and how would I fit to the position requirements. Based on the interview I was asked to give a test to justify the skill set.

Last one was a Panel interview (~30 mins.) over a video conference, with General Manager, Design Manager and Senior Engineer. Really basic one. Not many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• To show my CAD skills I was asked to create surface model with a drawing provided.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Position was going to be filled quickly (2 weeks), had to give my decision as soon as possible so I didn't negotiate.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goken America.

Interview

I applied online and got an email within a week from the recruiter. She interviewed me for about 40 mins and it was mostly behavioral questions for 30 mins followed by 10 mins of her talking about the company. Then I had to fill out a questionnaire which basically goes into detail about your past experiences and skills. After I submitted it, I got an interview with the general manager. This one was more technical and went in detail regarding all my past internships and experiences. Nothing too hard. Just know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some very nit picky details regarding my internships. But its not a big deal as far as you know what you did   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. Did not have to. They actually pay you more than the average pay. Plus there are a lot of growth opportunities.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goken America in July 2016.

Interview

I saw a LinkedIn post about this position. I replied, and was asked to send my resume. I sent the resume and a portfolio. I was then sent a series of technical questions. Once they reviewed my answers, I was asked to be available for a phone interview the next day. I agreed. But lo and behold, no phone call. I then left a voicemail, asking if there was a delay or a re-schedule. No call back. I left a message on LinkedIn. No response either. I sent an email, as a last resort. No response. Very BAD.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goken America (Dublin, OH) in October 2018.

Interview

There were 2 rounds, 1st one was basic with HR knowing the background and asking my convenient time for the technical interview. 2nd Hiring manager called me for the technical interview over the phone ( 20-30min). Asked more about my experience. Then I was called for the tool test ... it was a simple model with draft angles and sweep mostly on GSD workbench

Interview Questions

• What were you working in Company 1 and Company 2 in specific etc   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goken America in May 2015.

Interview

The process was easy, general resume walk-through interview lasted 30 minutes. Technical interview was a little over 1 hour. They will ask about what you have mentioned in your resume, your preferred work system, salary expected and availability to relocate. They are yet to reply and the interview process is on-going. The interview was straight forward. For a design engineer role they prefer experience in CATIA, GD&T and knowledge regarding FEA and product design

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe your role in FSAE teams   1 Answer

Translator/Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goken America (Columbus, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews: one by phone, one by Skype with HR of Goken's client, and one on site at the client location where I would be working. The first two were remote, rather brief, and quite vague. A lot was cleared up in the 3rd interview, but a lot what I was told was still inaccurate or too vague. The test was relatively straight-forward, and I felt like it was a good test of my abilities. The recruiter was very nice and friendly. However, it was clear she didn't know much about my field. The process was relatively simple, and I have no complaints about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation, although they did increase their offer after I gave them my requirements, which were based on a naive understanding of the location where I would be relocating to for this job. Not much support/info were offered in this area.