Gold's Gym Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.1

Professional Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone screen that lasted about 11 minutes and she acted like she wasn’t into into the conversation. Then, there was a real interview for an hour with the CEO. The recruiter didn’t bother to show up, so had to come back for a second interview for 10 minutes only to be rejected. They really have an “idea” of who they want to hire and if you aren’t sexy Lexie you won’t be hired.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are specific to the position. The recruiter is not professional.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to set up an interview and was asked why I wanted to work there. Came in person and was interviewed one on one. The interviewer was very polite. Made the decision that day.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company   1 Answer
    • what is your greatest achievement   1 Answer
    • what does customer service mean to you   1 Answer
    • describe a difficult time at work   1 Answer
    • how did you handle a time when two things conflicted   1 Answer

Interview

They asked me having been a dance counselor over the summer if I was interested in teaching a class once a week during the year. I love the idea

Interview Questions

• Asked me when my availability was and ideas I had as far as running the class   1 Answer

Nutrition Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Simi Valley, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long, meet with several different managers during the initial interview. I seemed to impress them all as each manager that came over was higher in rank. Was offered the job, had to come in twice to fill out paperwork because the first visit the manager 'forgot' he had clients and meetings and no one else knew how to start the paperwork. Passed background check, ordered uniform, etc. Called several days later to ask about my start date and schedule and was informed that I would be starting in PT instead. Bait and switch. Not cool.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I selling products to clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The worst interview I've ever been through. I don't think that the managers interviewing have ever conducted an interview before. One didn't even speak to me when I came in because she was too busy on her cell phone. The other was taking calls and had people coming in the office interrupting the interview. The same questions were asked multiple times in the same way. I felt like every time I answered a question I was speaking to a wall because nothing sank in for them. It seemed like they were really stressed out and hadn't slept for days. All in all I think that they were too green for their positions and needed proper training.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Gold's Gym in October 2017.

Interview

I am a current employee so I was already familiar with the company. When the job posted on our website i applied in house. I sat down with a panel and discussed why I think I could be beneficial in a General Manager role.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Burlington, NC).

Interview

The operations manager brought me in for an interview. She sat me down and just asked me a few questions. It was not an intense interview like other places, it was very laid back and she made me less nervous while being in there.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Wear business casual. An organized resume with no typos is way more important than experience. If you have ACE, ACSM or NASM CPT, there's no reason why you shouldn't get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Be able to give exercises for each major muscle group. Know why you want to be a trainer.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (College Station, TX).

Interview

the interview was brief and relaxed. Met some of the people who worked there and everyone was extremely friendly. working at This gold's location was a lot of fun and great college part time job

Interview Questions

• How often do you workout, do you have an interest in having a healthy lifestyle?   1 Answer

Fitness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional and clear that management does not have a clear understanding of leadership. However, I will say that they did follow the guidelines and communicated their needs clearly. I think that the managers need more experience and leadership training.