Gold's Gym Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gold's Gym Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

2.1

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

The interview process is super long had to meet with 4 people separately took about 2 hours. All four people ask the same questions. I felt it shoulf have been a panel interview. I think they make you seem as if you got the job but never call you back like they promised. A waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How much experience do you have? Can you start immediately? What would your former boss say about you? Where do you live?   1 Answer

Kids Club Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Richmond, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

Went well. The manager was nice. Talked for a little then she told me about the job and asked about my availability and when I'm available to start. Then she asked me if I wanted the job.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (New York, NY).

Interview

i was asked about 5 questions related to the job and then the last question was "if you could be any part of a bicycle what would you be?" was told there were other interviews and id hear back in about a week.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Riverdale Park, MD) in March 2018.

Interview

Very quick. The facility was new and hosting a job fair. Submitted my application through indeed and was then contacted to come and speak with a manager. Interview took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• When’s a time you had to make a difficult decision? What did you decide? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Professional Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone screen that lasted about 11 minutes and she acted like she wasn’t into into the conversation. Then, there was a real interview for an hour with the CEO. The recruiter didn’t bother to show up, so had to come back for a second interview for 10 minutes only to be rejected. They really have an “idea” of who they want to hire and if you aren’t sexy Lexie you won’t be hired.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are specific to the position. The recruiter is not professional.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to set up an interview and was asked why I wanted to work there. Came in person and was interviewed one on one. The interviewer was very polite. Made the decision that day.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company   1 Answer
    • what is your greatest achievement   1 Answer
    • what does customer service mean to you   1 Answer
    • describe a difficult time at work   1 Answer
    • how did you handle a time when two things conflicted   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy, fast, and laid-back. Took about 30 minutes, explained the low pay, and gave me the hours I
    d be working. Also said that they bumped front desk workers to trainers frequently once the person has received their certification, which is all I cared about. They hire from within mostly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the hardest part of this job?   1 Answer

Interview

They asked me having been a dance counselor over the summer if I was interested in teaching a class once a week during the year. I love the idea

Interview Questions

• Asked me when my availability was and ideas I had as far as running the class   1 Answer

Nutrition Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Simi Valley, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long, meet with several different managers during the initial interview. I seemed to impress them all as each manager that came over was higher in rank. Was offered the job, had to come in twice to fill out paperwork because the first visit the manager 'forgot' he had clients and meetings and no one else knew how to start the paperwork. Passed background check, ordered uniform, etc. Called several days later to ask about my start date and schedule and was informed that I would be starting in PT instead. Bait and switch. Not cool.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I selling products to clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The worst interview I've ever been through. I don't think that the managers interviewing have ever conducted an interview before. One didn't even speak to me when I came in because she was too busy on her cell phone. The other was taking calls and had people coming in the office interrupting the interview. The same questions were asked multiple times in the same way. I felt like every time I answered a question I was speaking to a wall because nothing sank in for them. It seemed like they were really stressed out and hadn't slept for days. All in all I think that they were too green for their positions and needed proper training.