Goodgame Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Senior 3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had several Skype interviews with Goodgame with various higher ups. The team was extremely pleasant, they all seem like a great crew to work along side. I interviewed from the US, so we weren't able to meet in person. The interview took 39 days total, a good bit of time was getting documentation prepared for them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty normal, the interview was more about judging my personality fit I'm sure. They asked to go through the pipeline I'm used to, basically seeing what skills I use on projects to see if my skill set worked for them.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2015.

Interview

Email and then 1 hour skype Call. The junior recruiting employee was unprofessional. Told me to send me test documents immediately but I had to remind it to her few days after. Then she told me that it is no hurry and that she will contact me with decision of job offer, but didn't really and just lied again. I would expect more professional behaviour from company which tries to look "cool". Wasted my prep time and interest for some time about working for this company. I would recommend to look elsewhere for more professional and polite company.

Interview Questions

• Personal presentation and work experience talk.   1 Answer

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick and painless, there was a lull over the holidays (as expected) but we were in constant communication otherwise. After initial discussions, took a design test followed up by a Skype interview that was quite nice. The design test could have been a bit more tailored to the job description, but I felt as if it was the right amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward and topical to the position and culture. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward, met me in the middle. I'm happy.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Interview

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs.

We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview.

Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

After 2 weeks of applying via online, I got a 1st a phone interview, and then after a week I got a personal interview with the marketing manager and HR. The interview was average and had to elaborate a test about marketing strategies and also had a lot of questions about previous work strategies used.

Game Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)) in July 2016.

Interview

In the first round you're given an analytics test similar to an IQ test, a 2 hour assignment in Excel, and asked to do a video interview. If you have good results there, you will have a chance to do one or more Skype interviews with the BI team. At every step of the way they are mostly concerned with your decision making ability, the math parts are not tested as much.

Interview Questions

• You're asked some hypothetical questions in the Skype interview to gauge your thought processes. Be prepared to demonstrate you have analytical reasoning.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

It has started with a first informal contact after my name have been referred by a current employee I have worked with before. The second interview was with a manager. Professional but informal. I was impressed and got interested. The third (and last) interview was at their office with my future manager and a group of future colleagues. HR representative was present also. It started with some questions about my past. Then everyone takes a turn asking one question. Each question was relative to their respective role and position. The entire interview was less than an hour.

Java Developer Server Side Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied and after a time I receive a email asking for more details and answer some questions.
    After some days they send me a test for delivery in one week.
    The test was really weird, and very ambiguous. I sent some more questions about the project they want to build and the HR answer me for to do whatever I wand, just make sure for document that.
    After some days I got a email telling me they would not go fuhrer.

Interview Questions

• Implement a solution for the following scenario.
      Model a system that allows programmers to get coffee and of course pay for it.
      Programmers will do the following to get coffee:
      First gather information regarding which types of coffee are available (espresso, latte macchiato or cappuccino) and pick their personal favorite. This will take 0.5 seconds.
      Second pay the coffee they want at the cash register using cash or credit. This will take 0.25 second for credit and 0.5 seconds for cash payments.
      Third find a coffee machine and pick the type of coffee they paid for.
      The system allows:
      10 programmers to pick their favorite type of coffee at the same time
      5 programmers to pay their coffee at the same time
      2 programmers to get their paid coffee from the machine at the same time
      A programmer will do the following to get coffee from a coffee machine:
      find a cup (0.25 seconds)
      put it under the outlet (0.25 seconds)
      pick the type of coffee the programmer paid (0.25 seconds)
      wait till the machine is finished filling the cup (This will take 0.25 second for espresso, 0.5 seconds for latte macchiato and 0.75 seconds for cappuccino.)
      when the machine is done the programmer will take her cup and leave (0.25 seconds)
      Measure the following things using 100 programmers:
      how much coffee is sold (total and per payment type)
      how much coffee is dispensed by each coffee machine (total and per type of coffee)
      how much time does the average programmer spend getting her coffee
      how long did it take the fastest and the slowest programmer to get her coffee
      Challenge it with 200, 500 und 1000 programmers.   1 Answer

3D Character Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online by finding the position from Artstation.
    They e-mailed me that they'd like to arrange an interview.
    The interview itself came off a bit cold compared to the rest of the interview experiences I had and it felt everyone was on the edge. They were very kind nonetheless and after talking about me and my work, they told me I can go ahead and ask my own questions.
    The interview lasted about 25 minutes.
    Their decision was made about a month later.