Gordon & Rees Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gordon & Rees Interview Questions

Interviews at Gordon & Rees

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, made timing arrangements over email (2 weeks out) and met with 2 partners . Very conversational, no gotcha questions, very transparent about the case types and work load

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees.

Interview

Interview lasted about 20 - 30 minutes.. Interviewer was very friendly and personal, asked standard behavior questions, nothing unexpected. Not much specific preparation needed outside of the standard interview prep. Offer came out a couple of weeks after the interview.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very informal. They will have several attorneys come in and out of the room, mostly senior counsel and partner level. Easy to get along with. They generally ask easy softball questions. Just be prepared to be leading the interview most of the time.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees.

Interview

Met with a few attorneys in leadership positions and then to a second interview where I met over 7 other attorneys. Telephonic discussions with a few others. I also submitted a resume and other documents.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a move?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I came in for two interviews. One was with the office manager and one was with 3 partners. The first interview just covered the basics of employment whereas the second interview was more structured to the actual job. The questions in the second interview were very much to make sure I knew what kind of position this was.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with other people?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Brought in for a normal screening interview with two attorneys. The questions were straight-forward, but unfortunately they were looking for someone with a specific experience. The job description did not include this specific experience, so that would have been helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was quick. I was hired later that same day I interviewed. The questions were tough, and it was helpful to be prepared. The questions focused mostly on why I left my last firm, and why I thought I could work in litigation defense. I highly recommend preparing for this interview, but also expect the process to be relatively quick.

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees.

Interview

I was contacted by email and set up an interview the following week. My interview took place with a relatively young attorney and a partner in the same practice group. I was told that there would be a second round of interviews but I did not get to the next round. In fact, I never heard from anyone at any point after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• My experience level with complete file handling responsibilities.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees.

Interview

Submit resume and then meet with practice group leader and other team members. You may encounter multiple interviewers in one sitting. In the interview you should be prepared to discuss your writing sample and be prepared with specifics as to your prior work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it scenario

Case Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon & Rees (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Called into the office for an interview with the Office Manager. It was quick and casual. No really tough questions. She was really friendly and up-front about the job and what would be expected of a new hire. I was notified of my offer within the week. Now that I work here, I know that they schedule multiple interviews per day, for a week or two, and then decide.