Gorton's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gorton's (Gloucester, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

- Phone screen with VP of HR. Straight forward conversation..
    - Second and final round was on-site at Gorton's in Gloucester, MA - about 45 minutes north of Boston, MA.
    - Interviewed with 5-6 folks. AMM, MM, VP.

Interview Questions

• If you were launching a product, what would you do and how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Did you visit the frozen seafood aisle at the store? What did you think?   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gorton's (Gloucester, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got the first interview through applying on my colleges career services website. The first interview took place 2 weeks later on campus. It was a 30 min behavioral interview. I hear about the next round 2 weeks later which was 5 hours of interviews at their headquarters in Gloucter. They were 30 min interviews with many different department managers and the VP of Finance. They also provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your previous internship?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gorton's (Dover, NH) in July 2018.

Interview

Met with 6 employees at the Gloucester HQ location. While everyone was courteous and professional, the interviews were disengaging as everyone asked me the same questions. I basically repeated myself for 4 hours and never actually saw the manufacturing operation. This role has been open for over a year and it is doubtful it will ever be filled as I don’t believe leadership is in any hurry to make an offer.

Various Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gorton's.

Interview

There were two phone interviews and then one in person interview that lasted over 2 hours with four different people. They wanted to give you a sense of all of the different people in the company and a lot of the employees seem to be men in their 45-65. They were friendly, and easy enough to talk to. It's really important to go in with questions and to stay focused because it seems like they get off task easily.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gorton's.

Interview

3 Rounds of interviews.

1st with HR
    2nd with associates in Marketing
    3rd with Marketing Managers and VP of Marketing

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to use analytics to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gorton's (Gloucester, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met the recruiters at my college career fair and did a 30 minute on campus interview the following day. I heard within a week and a half about coming to Gloucester for a final round interview. The interview was casual and more of a conversation about my resume and experiences. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and they had newer hires take me out to lunch. They also paid for my flights, hotels, and a car service to shuttle me around.

Interview Questions

• No extremely difficult questions, some behavioral based questions and the usual strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gorton's (Gloucester, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Meet with a lot of people, from managers to the VP. The process was easy and laid back. Everybody was nice and welcoming and the environment was friendly. Some recent college graduates and some people who have been there for a really long time.

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gorton's (Gloucester, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

After going to UNH for a recruiting event, I submitted my resume to UNH's career service website. I was one of the 10 students selected for a first-round interview. The questions were about my favorite courses in college, with a couple of questions about what I want out of my future. After a few days, I received an e-mail saying that I wasn't fit for the job.

Consumer Brand Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gorton's (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

I at my campus' career center. I spoke with someone who has worked in Gorton's marketing department for 10 years. It was an easy-going behavioral interview. You will be asked questions about the company, their products, and what interests you in the position, field, and company.

Interview Questions

• Do you hate to lose, or love to win?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gorton's (Campus (Nepal)) in November 2013.

Interview

Very basic questions such as why did you chose your major/school, why would you want this position, why would you excel in this position. Overall very casual.