Goss International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goss International

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goss International (Durham, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

During the phone screen we spoke about the different aspects of the position and my background and experience. During the in person interview we went in to more depth on both the position details and my background and allowed time for me to meet with each prospective team member and ask questions to each of them.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The only difficult part was if they asked a question about prior experience that I didn't have a ton of experience in, but I am smart and a quick learner so that is nothing to worry about.   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goss International in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted via a recruiter for a direct hire position. The interview process included a skills test via the agency and then a first and second interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager first, and then with the hiring manager again and a person with the same job title.

Interview Questions

• The questions were what I expected and I used a book to help prepare myself for the interview which I found helpful in this interview as well as others.   Answer Question

Desiign Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goss International (Dover, NH) in February 2013.

Interview

i was brought in to speak with both managers and engineers. a C programmer was needed, but the OS was an obscure microkernel system with a quirky IDE, and the engineers, although they had looked over code which i had submitted, were not convinced that i could be helpful. i got along with the managers just fine, so they brought me in for a second interview with some higher-ups who had been out of the plant in the first one. in the second interview, i spoke with the main higher-up guy, and then the engineers again, most of whom were different than those in the first interview, and this time at length.

the engineers, had they not liked me, could have insisted that i not be hired, and they would have been accommodated. of course i had to get along with the managers, and i did, but i also had to get past the engineers.

in the end, i was offered a position as a Design Engineer, and accepted it. for the first 2 months, Engineering didn't know what to do with me, so i was able to poke around their press HMI in depth and undisturbed, which benefited both the Company and i later on.

BTW, the interviews took place in february, 1997, not in 2013. more year options needed! also, the "other" category of interview stages was a code sample submission.

Interview Questions

• they really wanted to be sure that i could work with the microkernel OS they were using, so they probed my knowledge of OS functionality, and to be sure i understood the difference between a microkernel and a normal kernel.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goss International (Durham, NH) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was laid back. Starts with an HR meeting, then a meeting with the potential engineer you would work under, then one with the project manager. All about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Goss?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goss International (Durham, NH) in May 2011.

Interview

I met with the Supply Chain manager in his office. He asked me a few questions, but mostly we just chatted. I dressed professionally, and I could tell he liked me from the start. After a few minutes he started showing me the warehouse floor, telling about training, and I could tell he was planning on hiring me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I had any prior inventory or warehouse experience, which I had from a summer during high school.   Answer Question