Gottex Fund Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gottex Fund Management

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gottex Fund Management (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview consists of three rounds. The first round was with an employee, the second the MD. I was asked some basic behavioral questions and then went over my resume. Their MD have a quite high preference to candidates with strong finance background even if the job doesn't actually require too much of it. The final round was a quantitative test followed by a short conversation, through which they tried to see if the candidates have true interest and passion in finance industry and risk management in particular.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in a team experience?   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you see a particular stock and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gottex Fund Management (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

2 round of interview. There was a little bit of technicals (bond math) and a lot of behavioral questions (why hedge funds vs mutual funds, describe what is event driven investing). Very friendly people and you will learn lots.

Interview Questions

• You need to know your bond math (duration, convexity) and how to hedge them and set up an arbitrage when you think it is mispriced   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gottex Fund Management (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, both via phone, since the company is based in London. The first was conducted with two people who worked in the office the selected intern would be working in, and the second conducted by the Head of the Hong Kong office, where the specific internship was to take place. The questions were generally related to "fit" and there were few questions that tested knowledge of the industry directly, though that was certainly necessary in answering the "why investment management" and "why Gottex" questions.

Associate Interview

Interview

Started with more personal questions to get to know the person and then went towards the actual interview questions. Interviewee was really friendly and it was more of a relaxed environment so overall it was a good experience.