Gourmet Burger Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2018

1.9

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2018.

Interview

First a Phone call interview. Second : Face to face i thought it was intense and lots of questions, trial run to see if I was able for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Background? Why do you want the job?   1 Answer

Xmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call the next day asking me to come for an interview on the weekend. I had a 15 minute video then a trial shift from 12-2pm.

Interview Questions

• Why gbk?
      What makes a good waitress?
      Tell me about you customer service skills?
      Three main things when serving a customer   Answer Question

Grill Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy, elementary, quick.
    they don't pretend exceptional skills, they know the job is easy and mechanic, you don't need wonderfull skills to gain a job with gbk, they will teach you and be sure you will be able to work during the busy days, my headchef was probably one of the best guy i have ever met, helpfull, funny, serius, love easy life.

Interview Questions

• experience with meat cooking, and general experience in kitchen   1 Answer

Waiter/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

There was a large room where multiple people were being interviewed at a time, then there was a long presentation about the company (eg. the benefits of being employed, what they're looking for in candidates, the menu, etc) then we were put into groups had had to design a new burger that we would want to be added onto the menu which we then had to present to the other groups.

Interview Questions

• If you were a burger from our menu, what one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruitment Resourcer

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Glassdoor.

GBK People Team

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Royal Leamington Spa, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days letter for a phone screening. The lady on the phone probably did not have signal and I barely understood her. She said she will call by the end of the week her nominees for in-person interview. No surprise she did not call me as she had such a bad signal that she was understanding the opposite of what I was answering.

Interview Questions

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Recruitment Resourcer

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss further with please email info@gbk.co.uk.

GBK People Team

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen in October 2016.

Interview

As I was applying long distance due to relocation, I didn't have a formal interview, just a casual chat with a manager on the telephone, before being invited to a trial shift

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As it's a NMW job there wasn't really a negotiation process

Waitress/Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (London, England (UK)).

Interview

- Applied via email, not sure how long they took to get back to me.
    - was invited to interview, group interview/assessment centre in a hotel
    - easy interview, just have to interact with the group members and show the managers and future manager of your restaurant that you are confident and really want this job
    - interview is quite fun e.g. what is in a kiwi burger etc.
    - in each stage they let people go, stating that they'd be unsuccessful at this stage, by the end of it you kind of know you have the job

Interview Questions

• group interview and individual interview   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I got a call from the manager the next week asking if I was available for an interview.
    The interview was easy going and the manager was really nice, I was then asked if I could do a trial shift; after which I received an offer for the job.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Staines, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

They held a group interview at a local hotel and we had some fun team-building activities and after personal interviews, they hired around 30 out of the 100 who turned up. The interviewers were very friendly and they told us all about the company and what they stand for. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, and the whole process was good fun. They even gave us free sweets and prizes!

FOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Westfield, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and not complicated. Assess your attitude and being yourself is the key! The questions werent misleading and approachable. One of their core values is dont fake it, so faking wouldnt do the trick. Just be cheerful and you will get the position.