Gourmet Burger Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

1.7

Waiter/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

There was a large room where multiple people were being interviewed at a time, then there was a long presentation about the company (eg. the benefits of being employed, what they're looking for in candidates, the menu, etc) then we were put into groups had had to design a new burger that we would want to be added onto the menu which we then had to present to the other groups.

Interview Questions

• If you were a burger from our menu, what one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Recruitment Resourcer

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Glassdoor.

GBK People Team

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Royal Leamington Spa, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days letter for a phone screening. The lady on the phone probably did not have signal and I barely understood her. She said she will call by the end of the week her nominees for in-person interview. No surprise she did not call me as she had such a bad signal that she was understanding the opposite of what I was answering.

Interview Questions

Gourmet Burger Kitchen Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Recruitment Resourcer

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss further with please email info@gbk.co.uk.

GBK People Team

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen in October 2016.

Interview

As I was applying long distance due to relocation, I didn't have a formal interview, just a casual chat with a manager on the telephone, before being invited to a trial shift

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As it's a NMW job there wasn't really a negotiation process

Waitress/Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (London, England (UK)).

Interview

- Applied via email, not sure how long they took to get back to me.
    - was invited to interview, group interview/assessment centre in a hotel
    - easy interview, just have to interact with the group members and show the managers and future manager of your restaurant that you are confident and really want this job
    - interview is quite fun e.g. what is in a kiwi burger etc.
    - in each stage they let people go, stating that they'd be unsuccessful at this stage, by the end of it you kind of know you have the job

Interview Questions

• group interview and individual interview   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I got a call from the manager the next week asking if I was available for an interview.
    The interview was easy going and the manager was really nice, I was then asked if I could do a trial shift; after which I received an offer for the job.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Staines, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

They held a group interview at a local hotel and we had some fun team-building activities and after personal interviews, they hired around 30 out of the 100 who turned up. The interviewers were very friendly and they told us all about the company and what they stand for. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, and the whole process was good fun. They even gave us free sweets and prizes!

FOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Westfield, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and not complicated. Assess your attitude and being yourself is the key! The questions werent misleading and approachable. One of their core values is dont fake it, so faking wouldnt do the trick. Just be cheerful and you will get the position.

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few days later asking if I could come in for an interview and trail shift. I was told the shift would only be for an hour and to wear dark trousers and they'd provide me with a uniform. I arrived 10 minutes early and the lady interviewing me, the manager, was 10 minutes late (because she was having a cigarette!) She didn't ask me any questions AT ALL, just when I was available and hour many hours I was looking for. She told me what the shift patterns would be - split shifts (12-3 then two hour break, then 5 til 11!) She gave off a very negative impression from the beginning, telling me a lot people had left due to unsociable hours and that she herself was in fact leaving and couldn't wait! Great... after a 3 minute chat she gave me a uniform and took me downstairs to the restaurant/kitchen. I was introduced to a lovely girl who would be showing me the ropes. But not until they'd both gone for another cigarette!? I have no waitressing experience whatsoever so i was quite nervous but the staff were very friendly. I was shown how to make milkshakes (I even got a free one!) and soft drinks. I took drinks over to customers, served food, asked how their food was half way through their meal etc...cleared tables. It was enjoyable. But, it was lunchtime and obviously very busy and I wasn't allowed to work on the till and take orders, and there was only one member of staff taking orders but two tills, and i felt really stupid standing there and not serving people when there was a big queue...i could tell people were looking at me and thinking "why the hell aren't you serving me!?" so maybe i should have had a badge on saying i was a trainee or something?! I feel it gave off a bad impression to customers to have me, in uniform, just standing there... Anyway, at the end of my trial shift i got a free burger which was ace. All the food is freshly prepared which was nice to see. I was offered the job a few days later but turned it down as i hadn't realised just how physically demanding it is to be a waitress and i have a heart condition so it really wasn't a suitable job role, plus the hours were off putting, and minimum wage.

Interview Questions

I have a heart condition and didn't realise how physically demanding waitressing was. Also, I would not cope with the long shifts or split shifts

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

1 interview and then a shift to see if your suitable (not paid) if all goes good then you get the job. Interview is general questions nothing to complicated... Interview may be held by either manager or assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flexible hours

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview and online video submission. Then face to face with line manager. Then got involved in a busy shift to see how it operates. Helps you understand the steps of service and if it's right for you.

Interview Questions

• All competences based. Nothing out of the norm for the role   Answer Question