Governors State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Governors State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Governors State University

3.2

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Governors State University.

Interview

The search committee responded quickly. The interviews were conducted within 2 weeks of application. There was a phone interview followed by invitation to campus. It did take a long time to hear back in response to hiring decision.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Governors State University (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

My interview seemed easy because I had met most of the team at a conference a few months earlier. There were 3 senior faculty in the room with a list of standard questions. I was surprised that I did not have to do a teaching demonstration, but occasionally this is required now.

Interview Questions

• None of them were hard. Mostly they discussed my prior teaching experience and teaching interests because I had not taught before. I was hired ABD which is a big trend in our division.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult because I was new. I looked up the range, and asked for a few thousand higher than the top range.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Governors State University (University Park, IL) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview process was entirely about me .
    What are my skills and what is undergrad background. They asked me about my class schedule. They asked on which days I’m available to work. They asked me am I familiar with Ms office

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Governors State University.

Interview

The interview process is half a day long. You meet with the search committee, a group of students, the hiring supervisor, the Dean of the college and complete a presentation for the community.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three skills you think are important for this position?   1 Answer

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Governors State University (University Park, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview is relatively easy for faculty positions. Need to prepare a demo lesson. Interview is in a relaxing setting. Colleagues are friendly. No harsh questions were asked. Interview took about a half day.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Governors State University (Park Forest, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

I went in for an interview and testing. Everyone was nice enough and I’m sure it would’ve been a great position. I am not upset I didn’t get the job, I am upset that they failed to respond to emails regarding my application status or to even notify me that I was not selected. I am fine with rejection but not “ghosting” by a company. For that I deem them unprofessional. Just tell someone they don’t have the job. I only found out because I checked their online portal. I have worked in HR for years and anyone who comes in face to face to interview gets a call/email either way. Do better! I won’t be applying in the future and I don’t want to work for a company that treats professionals this way.

Interview Questions

Interview

Civil Service Position - Must take a test. Must receive one of the top three scores to be call in for an interview. Test consist of data entry and filing question. A typing test was involved.