Grade Potential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grade Potential

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grade Potential (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You have filled application online, and they call and ask you a couple questions about your background and why you want to tutor. Then they go through the process with you before you actually have potential clients.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with tutoring students?   2 Answers

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grade Potential (San Luis Obispo, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Once I applied online I received a call a few day's later from the owner David he wanted chat with me and see if it would make sense for us to move forward with an interview, I appreciated talking prior to an actual interview to see if this could be the right career move for me and vise versa. The interview process was very comfortable and professional. Then I was called for a second interview, the following week I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you a great candidate?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grade Potential.

Interview

I applied online and got an acceptance letter by email a few weeks later. A few days after that, I was contacted by text and email by a lady named Angel Barnes.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grade Potential (Long Beach, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online. They called me a few weeks later. The interviewer and I had a nice conversation about my teaching experience and what subjects I would be comfortable tutoring. They hired me and we had a short salary negotiation. After my background check was completed, they started calling me with potential clients.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any questions. We just had a conversation about my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $15 per hour. I am an experienced teacher with a teaching credential and asked for more. $20 was the most they'd pay me.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grade Potential (Long Beach, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Within the next week I got a phone call from the company, and they asked me a few questions. At the end of the call the told me they would let me know when they had a student available for me to tutor. I was tutoring my first student within the following weeks.

Tutor Interview

Interview

I found the job listing on edjoin. I have a multiple subject credential, which I uploaded with my application, along with letters of recommendation. I listed my previous employers and experience as a tutor. I was pleased at how quickly I heard back from Grade Potential.

Interview Questions

• I had to decide how far I would be willing to travel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grade Potential (San Luis Obispo, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I met with other potential tutors at Grade Potential offices from craigslist advertisement. I was informed about the job. I submitted an application with resume. I later met individually with the owner of the company. I was hired promptly and given information on how to manage students and input time.

Contract Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grade Potential.

Interview

I applied as a tutor at Grade Potential a few months ago. It took me a few hours to appropriately fill out the application and send in my resume. I was contacted (via email) within a week. The email told me that I had been hired by Grade Potential and I should register on their website in order to fill out information such as bank account numbers for direct deposit and availability. I was also told in the email that because of GP's high demand for tutors at the moment, they would not interview me in person. I filled out my online registration paperwork. Six weeks later, no word. I understand this is a contract position and that I am not guaranteed work, however, it seems strange to tell somebody how much they are needed at the moment, ask for their financial information, and then disappear. I emailed the administrator who emailed me initially. That was two weeks ago, not even a response to the email was granted. Very unimpressive hiring process.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grade Potential.

Interview

It was a very brief interview on the phone about education and interests. They called about 2 days after I applied and said I just had to answer a few questions and then I would be hired. It was very basic stuff just like can i pass a background check and what's my level of education and what subjects can I tutor.

Private Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grade Potential.

Interview

I applied online, but did not get a student until a few weeks later. Once there was a student who fit and needed help with the subject I could help with, they called and were very friendly. Set me at a starting rate and gave me information about the student. I called the student directly and set up an appointment. Nothing more than that, really. You basically report your hours online and I haven't gotten paid yet--they said at the end of each month, though--so I'm not sure how the process is to actually verify your hours. I'm sure they just speak the student as well, I suppose...

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real questions, actually. Mainly just if you're comfortable with the schedule and subject.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; it was my first job and paid more than minimum wage here in California.