Grainger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grainger

2.9

Corporate Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Interview

Phone Interview, Face to Face with 2 people & then another of the same on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What did your most recent manager give you in a performance review as negative performance? What was it? What did you do?   4 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grainger (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Funny---Male in HR called me and did phone interview--then set me up with a face to face--drove 93 miles to be there on time and whoa and behold--I----did not have a face to face--figure he messed up based on my age--not my tremendous experience

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grainger (Reading, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Long and tedious from personality tests to 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Grainger (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by area sales manager -- some role-play involved as he sought to detrmine how I would interact with customers. All in all quite comfortable. Would be a great person to report to, and a decent company to represent.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would address a specific need for a customer looking for a replacement motor for an industrial application I'm not familiar with.   3 Answers

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grainger (Janesville, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I worked internally and had photography on my skills form filed with the company due to my previous experience. I was offered an interview with two people and 4 weeks later with one more person. I was offered the job after 2 moths.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Very professional, but the process takes a long time. My interviews took place in March, offer made in May, start d in June. Panel asks a lot of pre-set questions about skills, working in project groups, but interviewers concerned with situational types of scenarios. What would you do if...? How would you handle "x"?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. THey run through benefits package and salary offer. I countered and they cam back with a tiny bit more and said they had to work within their budget.

Sr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Meet with 4 people and pretty much go over the same thing with each person. Beware Grainger move people from within so might be a wast of time for an outside person not employed with Grainger.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Statistical Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewer was a Senior Analyst, the interview was decent. Questions were straightforward and some were behavioral. One can clear if prepared. Discussed current opportunity and potential career path. Answered all of my questions fairly. Didn't sugar coat or oversell. Appreciated honesty.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grainger (Janesville, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Very behavior based questions in which you are scored on. The questions ask for situations and examples or how you would deal with a situation. They look for specific answers. The person with the highest scores are offered the job.

Web Content Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grainger.

Interview

the position itself was different from the description. It is a operational/execution role based job.

Interview Questions

• what is the first thing you would do in a project that you know nothing about   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation