Grainger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grainger

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Interview

2 interviews over the phone. The questions were behavioral and no technical questions were asked. Very relaxed process and Hr was very communicative over email. The over the phone interviews were with finance professionals from different parts of finance.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume, do you have any questions for me, pointed out interesting things in my resume   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grainger.

Interview

My interview with Grainger consisted of two 30 minute behavioral interviews asking about previous career accomplishments and personal skills/stories. They were mostly standard questions for behavioral interviews I have had for similar positions

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grainger (Jackson, MS).

Interview

Two Managers in interview very casual across the table. Neither Manager had much experience and both seemed new to their positions. They were very friendly and easy. Neither had many questions, but handled the entire process like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• No direct questions. Mainly conversation in an informal manner.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grainger (San Antonio, TX) in September 2020.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then an interview on Microsoft TEAMS with a panel of managers. They use the STAR method of interviewing. It took a while because each manager had questions and you have to ask at least two or three questions as well.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews, from manager to director to business partners. Each interview is about 30-45 minutes and is structured on behavior and technical questions. It can take 1-2 weeks to go through the process, depending on availability.

Interview Questions

• Describing your use of data and telling a business story.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grainger.

Interview

I was given an interview back to back 30 min with 2 people each time. This interview was almost strictly behavior but there were 1 or 2 technical questions to see your thought process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grainger.

Interview

Two phone interviews' one was very simple the second was brutal. Very technical and detailed. After the brutal interview was asked to meet face to face. It was a good interview, long questions and past scenarios. Had to answer in the S.T.A.R. format.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you were able to persuade someone you worked with who had a oppsit view point, to see your view point and change their mind to mimic your view point.......This is not the excact way they asked the question but just the meat and potatos of it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grainger (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

Three times I was scheduled for a phone screen. And all three times no one called. I emailed and they rescheduled. All three times they apologized and said something came up. On the third missed time they emailed saying they already had a candidate in the final stages. Total waste of time. I moved my schedule around to make sure I was available only to be blown off.

Human Resources Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grainger (Lake Forest, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a panel interview and it was very structured and organized. Each person had questions...mostly behavioral, but they did ask about my background. They were very nice and could tell I was a bit nervous. Overall, the experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• What types of work cultures do you and don't you find best to work in?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grainger (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

Recieved phone interview with recruiter
    Then had 1 panel interview 1 hr long with hiring Supervisor
    One week later had another 1 hr panel interview with the DM
    A few days later got the call from recruiter and job offer letter.

Interview questions where all STAR format, intense but not bad if you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to do something for a customer?
      what is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question