Graniterock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graniterock

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Graniterock (Watsonville, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very formal, slightly intimidating set up (6 people sitting in a circle interviewing me). They had a list of questions to ask me, each person asked a question as they went through the list. The manager I would be directly working for went through the duties of the prospective job (there was a lot of info that she went through very quickly though). I had done a ton of research on the company so I kinda knew how to answer the questions they were asking (focus on safety). I made sure to ask for additional info or examples when they asked vague questions, which really helped.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a project manager was doing something that didn't follow safety regulations?   1 Answer
    • What experience have you had that makes you prepared to work with a team to get an important task done in a time sensitive environment?   1 Answer
    • What courses have prepared you specifically for the work you would do here?student internship position)   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Graniterock in September 2014.

Interview

This company has a reputation in our community as being "a great place to work," so following an encouraging phone screen with the HR Director and the Recruiting Manager I was very excited to get an interview. The HQ building is beautiful and what I could see of the physical work environment while waiting for my interview looked comfortable and positive. From there on things went downhill. They had back to back candidates lined up and ran late, which left no time for a real conversation. The round-robin style of asking questions is OK, but I could feel the tension between the different managers. Some of them asked questions as if challenging me to prove I was good enough to work there - really quite rude. However, when I left I still felt pretty positive - that is until I never heard from them again. I finally called to ask what the status of my application was and the response I received from the Recruiting manager was "didn't the Director call you?" Seriously? This is how HR itself treats its own candidates? To her credit, she apologized and then said they had decided to instead fill the position at an HR Assistant level, and if they did re-open the Manager position they would most likely move on to a new pool of candidates. I guess that was her way of saying they weren't interested in me. It was a really poor recruiting experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received conflicting instructions from the HR Director and the Division Director to whom you directly reported?   Answer Question

HDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graniterock (Watsonville, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Brief and vague interview with not many questions pertaining to my skills.
    The interview was based more on what I could "handle" which was not what I had in mind.
    I was a previous employee there and wanted a second chance but the "core values" of the company don't support second chances which is a huge loss for many companies exercising the same practice.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you could handle being back in there with "those guys?"   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Graniterock in July 2011.

Interview

Although I enjoyed the introduction to the interview and the work culture of Graniterock, I found the interviewers to be quite rude and they certainly turned it into an interrogation, even though I tried to make it more of a conversation. For example, I got yelled at for jotting down notes from this dialogue - how nice! One other guy answered his phone during my response - how attentive! When I asked for contact information, I got none from two of the interviewers - how prepared! Moreover, when I inquired about their disaster plan, they brushed aside my answer - how informative! Least to say, I'm glad that I won't be working with Graniterock.