Grant Street Group Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 126 of over 126 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
Employee Referral7%
HardAverageEasy

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

1 - submitted resume 2 - Recruiter reviewed resume 3 - Recruiter says "After reviewing your resume, we are excited to move you to the next step but before we do you need to take the 90 minute technical skills assessment" 4 - I take the technical skills assessment and I score 100% 5 - Recruiter reaches out and says "after reviewing your resume, we've decided not to move forward with you. So, I would suggest that if this company reaches out and asks you to dedicate a large amount of time to take a skills test that you should first write back and ask if they really think you're a fit based on your resume because clearly they just want people to waste their time. Also, after being confused by this sequence of events I thought that maybe they didn't like how I coded my solutions. So, I submitted the codes I wrote on Stack Overflow to see if other programmers would have done any different and they all seem to agree that the code I wrote is using current practices and very clear to read. This just further proves this unprofessional hiring system

Interview Questions
  • algorithm type coding questions along with some HTML identifier questions
    Answer Question

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

They post the same job over and over. They will say you were "chosen" (They never looked at my resume) and tell you to take an annoying two hour assessment. Then, they will reject you. Fun times.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Grant Street Group~468765
Join the conversation on

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

Chat with someone, then dumb code test finding all substrings, counting and sorting. The junk online IDE they use has no code completion, so trying to do something simple like s.toLowerCase didn't work. Complete waste of time. I wouldn't waste my time with these jokers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Street Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2022

Interview

First step was a logic test and 30 minute writing sample Received an email from HR to schedule an initial call, this was not a traditional HR call, talked a lot about problems and projects I had been on in the past, how I approached them, and how I solved them. Next round was a group interview with two Business Analysts, they asked more in-depth questions about my experience on projects, my background, and my skillset Third round interview was multiple group and 1 on 1 interviews spanning a few hours. First was a group interview where you discuss a project you worked on for an hour or so, questions are both theoretical and technical. Next is a call with the co-CEO, Dan Veres, who is very calm and easy to talk to in my experience. He spoke about decision making process for choosing college major, coursework, etc. Asked about suitability of home environment for remote work, it was a pleasant interview in my opinion after reading some of the reviews on this site. Last was a case study with a product manager where you dissect and create a solution to a real-world problem that you might encounter in the BA role. Was supposed to meet with more higher ups after the case study but did not get the opportunity to. All in all, I really enjoyed the interview process because it allowed me the chance to showcase my strengths beyond experiences listed on a resume.

Interview Questions
  • What's a problem you encountered that you had to solve and how did you do it? Make sure to use STAR framework
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Street Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2022

Interview

I was sent a pre-interview assessment that consisted of 4 questions, ranging from SQL, DOM manipulation, fixing broken code, and an algorithm question. I was not given a further interview.

Interview Questions
  • given a string i.e. 'aabaa', make it so that each block of repeating character is the same length as the largest block in the given string, so 'aabbaa' should be the result from 'aabaa'.

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Street Group in May 2022

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward-- it began with an online coding assessment, which had questions about front-end code, backend code, debugging, and databases, and a 90 minute time limit. Afterwards, I completed a 30 minute interview with a manager. The format was odd-- a few easy resume questions, followed by a 20 minute coding challenge in which I was instructed that I would not be scored on my interactions with the interviewer. That aspect was bizarre-- I'm used to being able to talk back and forth and ask questions. The coding question wasn't difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

I only did a 30 minute phone screening, they asked about GPA, past experience, and why this position/company. Definitely do research about the company before your interview and why you want to work in that position. Also know STAR questions because it is more of an in-depth phone screening

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Street Group in Apr 2022

Interview

There's three components to their initial application. Your resume and general info, a short text paragraph or video answering why you want to work at Grant Street Group, and an OPTIONAL 90 min assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

Online test + phone screen. The interviewer was friendly and asked various background questions, provided an overview of the company. Took maybe 50 minutes overall, but the timings were off for parts of the process.

Interview Questions
  • Most significant project and what challenges were encountered

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

Grant Street Group had a very long interview process. It was very thorough and I was able to meet most of the team. Overall, it was very enjoyable and I felt I better understood the position by the time my interview ended.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Interviews

Grant Street Group Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Grant Street Group as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.01 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Business Analyst and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Entry Level Software Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Grant Street Group takes an average of 24 days when considering 151 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Business Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Grant Street Group according to 151 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.41%