Grant Street Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 89 of over 89 interviews

Employee Referral5%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Street Group

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

After reading these interview reviews, I was nervous going into the process. I was very pleasantly surprised -- everyone I talked to was very nice, not rude or off putting at all. They definitely wanted details about the different projects I had done and how I had approached different scenarios, but it never felt like an interrogation. The overall process was as follows: 1) Online application where you upload your resume, take a brief skills assessment (just your basic 15 minute logic test), and then a timed (60 minute) writing prompt that asks you to discuss a complex problem that you solved. 2) Phone interview with a member of HR where they walk through your resume and ask some more in-depth questions about your experiences. They also ask you to explain some of the terms you use, which I believe is to gauge how well you can explain concepts. 3) Video interview with two team members. 4) Final round interview (online due to COVID) where you will talk with HR, interview with some more team members, walk through a case study where they see how you would approach a client request, and meet with some higher-ups (CEOs, etc). All in all, a very positive experience. They were also very quick with scheduling interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you received harsh or difficult feedback.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Grant Street Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Entire process took about a month overall. First completed an assessment and writing exercise online, then had a phone screening with a recruiter, then a video interview with two team members, and finally a video interview with a hiring manager. They kept mentioning how they had a unique interviewing process but it was just like any other interviewing process. Mostly just behavioral questions. They asked pretty much the same exact questions each round too. Also after getting rejected I asked for any feedback and they refused to provide any.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths/weaknesses? Explain a time when you gave/received criticism

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grant Street Group (Denver, CO) in Mar 2021

Interview

I’ve never felt more interrogated and talked-down-to in an interview before. The interviewer questioned my passion for recruiting multiple times and made it very clear that he didn’t trust any of my answers. Because I initially had a difficult time getting a career in recruiting, the interviewer seemed to believe that it wasn’t what I really wanted to do. News flash buddy: the job market has been very tough for Millennials since 2008. Having a college degree and one internship isn’t good enough anymore. My difficulty in finding a job in no way reflects on my passion for recruiting. At the end of the day, I’m very happy that GSG decided not to move forward with me. They’re clearly operating from a backwards and outdated worldview. I would have been miserable working for someone that scrutinizes someone’s life the way that they did mine. My advice: get with the times. The perfect candidate doesn’t exist.

Interview Questions
  • Why did it take you 4 years after college to get a job in recruiting?
2 people found this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Street Group in Mar 2021

Interview

I completed the application without doing the assessment. It was a 90 coding challenge and didn't want to waste my time if they weren't interested in my resume. A few days later, I received an email requesting that I complete the assessment. I completed the assessment and received a 94%, but then I received a rejection email. I spent about two hours of my time and they can't even give a phone call.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

I applied online and there is a coding assessment you can take immediately which is expected to last two hours. I decided to hold off as I didn't want to waste two hours in case it was an immediate rejection. After they reviewed my application I was invited to take the assessment. I used the entire two hours and got 100% on the assessment. After a week a silence I sent a follow up email and got a response saying they would get back to me shortly. After 2 more weeks of silence I received a canned rejection email with no indication as to why I was rejected.

Interview Questions
  • Write a SQL query, 2 OOP questions, extract data from HMTL using JavaScript
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Street Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in Mar 2021

Interview

The process for getting a job at Grant Street Group is straightforward. First you send in your resume and fill out a logic test. After that, you get a chance to make a writing sample. Then you have a phone interview. The recruiter was really nice and asked questions about my coursework. After that, I had a Zoom interview with two people who asked me a lot more questions about my coursework and other interview questions. After all of that, I ended up getting an email that I would not be moving on with them, but they would keep my resume on file. It stung a bit because the person who sent me the rejection email was not one of the four people who interviewed me, but overall everyone I interacted with was respectful and interesting. Good luck to anyone interviewing with GSG!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

After completing the application, you must complete a programming challenge to be considered. The programming challenge was 3 or 4 fairly simple challenges in relevant programming languages, for which you were given about 3 hours. It was fairly simple and I finished with over an hour to spare and 100% correct. Interview was 30 minutes with HR and 30 minutes with a hiring manager. Both were very pleasant and had clearly spent time reading my resume. The last half of the hiring manager interview was a programming challenge (about 15 minutes), which I wasn't able to complete in time. I don't know if I'll get an offer yet, but I feel bad that I stumbled on the live challenge.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I interviewed at Grant Street Group

Interview

Online application then phone call. Read the other reviews regarding the interview process and notice the common theme. The interviewer I spoke with was derogatory, confrontational, and unprofessional. I felt relieved to not have received an offer as the experience talking to him was so off putting. Like the other reviews say they grill you and it feels like an attack not an interview. Definitely not a good impression.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Street Group in Feb 2021

Interview

As some reviewers have mentioned, this process is very detailed and a little intense. However, everything that was asked was relevant and pulled from either my resume or the job posting/description. Additionally, the pre-interview email indicated this would not be a typical interview and told me they would be digging into details. Grant Street is more interested in how you do things and why, rather than just reviewing the bullet points on your resume. I found this to be a refreshing change of pace and it really gave me an opportunity to highlight things that would usually be overlooked in a standard interview.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Can you walk me through the steps you took to reach that objective?

Grant Street Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Street Group in Feb 2021

Interview

After submitting an application, you have to do a brief logics and quant assessment, which I felt was rather easy. After they decide to proceed with your application, you have to do a 60-minute timed writing exercise on a professional problem you encountered and how you solved it. From there, they invite you to a one hour long phone screen. Unlike some of the other experiences on here, I did not think the interviewer was rude necessarily. However, it is rather draining to be grilled relentlessly about experiences that I might not even remember fully, or cannot fully discuss due to NDAs. Some of the questions were weird and required me to explain why the results I got were the case (not process-wise, but broader picture, like "what do you think caused __ to be an issue in the real world?"), when that is not really what I focused on in my roles or something I would be able to know. (If the results go against intuition, how am I supposed to know what caused that when my research and testing did not focus on that aspect?) They ask really nuanced stuff about each position and it seems like you have to phrase things a certain way to give them what they are looking for. I will say one thing that made me uncomfortable was the interviewer continually pushing for intel into processes that I could not disclose due to NDAs; even after explaining that to him, he still pushed for more information.

Interview Questions
  • Diving deeper into your resume bullets; asking really specific questions about you solved problems and what specific things you did.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Interviews