Grant Thornton Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grant Thornton Ireland Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.6

Summer Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Interview

I got an initial phone interview through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume and cover letter and received an interview about a week later. The phone interview was pretty conversational. The interviewer basically went over my resume and asked questions. Most of the questions were simple, but a couple were curve balls that I just didn't prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do something unexpected at your job.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a nice experience, questions were pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a project that is not going so well.   Answer Question

Extremely intrusive background checks with requests of W2s and 1099s along with them wanting to know my total compensation from current employer including bonus and stocks. The person from their Talent Acquisition was disrespectful and calls at 8pm eastern and I felt like I was being interrogated.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

It was very complex and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland.

Interview

Campus Interview:

Interview Questions

• My interview was a conversation, which was typical with many of my other colleagues. One person I know got the full behavioral interview, but that was the lone exception. A few people were asked about their strengths, but for the most part everyone said it was a friendly conversation.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Position - Atlanta, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was given a referral. However, recruiter did not seem interested in getting to know me or my experience. He cancelled the first phone screen at the last minute as he had an hvac issue at home. The rescheduled phone screen started 15 minutes late. He seemed somewhat miffed that he had to do the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• He did not ask any questions about the strength of my experience or my resume. He seemed most concerned into digging into how my experience was not relevant to what they were looking for. He seemed very adversarial when I ask him questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

A months process overall.
    Several competency based questions to be answer in application process. After I was contacted with 10 days to schedule an interview.
    Only one interview was carried out.

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton?
      What separates you from the other candidates?
      Commercial questions - Brexit
      Answer Question

Cybersecurity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 interviews. one with the manager, a second one with technical personnel.questions were asked about my CV and previous experience.
    both interviews focused on different areas.
    second interview went more into technical detail.

everyone was friendly and professional.
    water was offered.

was able to ask questions I had about the team, role and company.

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Referred by a friend from college.
    2 interviews.
    First interview was with the Cyber Security Partner, was a quick interview going over what his department does, the roles and responsibilities, etc. It was more of an informational piece than an interview.

Second interview, was face to face in their Dublin office. Brief run through the CV, i outlined my expectations and level of experience.

Interview Questions

• What IT security auditing tools have you used?
      Give me an example of how you might exploit an SQL injection vulnerability.
      Have you ever competed in CTF challenges?
      What certifications do you currently hold?
      Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy and engaging. The interviewers just want to know the interviewee as a person and the entire interview process is more of a casual chit chat a person have with friends in a bar place, with the exception of this being held in a more corporate environment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was short and sweet. I applied through my university program and received an email requesting an interview. A few days later, they confirmed a time and date. I arrived on time and had a one-on-one interview with the HR representative. Interviewer confirmed at the end that he will send the contract to me by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• You have the job. We just wanted to double check that we weren't going to regret it.   1 Answer