Graphiq Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.1

Data Visualization Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Graphiq (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Over a four week period, I had six job interviews with Graphiq. Each of my interactions with Graphiq staff — which included numerous emails, phone conversations, and face-to-face meetings — was very professional. Each staff member knew a great deal about the company, its mission, and the job I was applying for (data visualization editor).

Even though I didn’t end up receiving a job offer, my overall experience was very positive.

Details: I had three phone interviews, each lasting approximately thirty minutes, and each approximately one week apart. Then I had three in-person interviews. Each of the in-person interviews was one-on-one, approximately thirty minutes long, and held at Graphiq’s NYC office all on the same day. (Note: I interviewed with four employees. Two employees interviewed me first on the phone and then later in-person.)

Interview Questions

• I was shown an example of a data visualization, and then asked: How would you improve this data visualization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graphiq.

Interview

Initial phone interview to get background, interests, and relevant skills, followed by an on-site interview with three different people that took about a half hour with each person. Asked about background, goals, what I would do in hypothetical situations, how I would grow the company.

Interview Questions

• Logic questions to demonstrate thinking and processing   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Several of the interviewers were rude and condescending. Although, at least 6 people interviewed me separately they did not seem to have a coherent plan as to what the interview was suppose to be about

Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Graphiq in May 2016.

Interview

First I had an initial phone interview about my background and experience. They then gave me a writing assignment. I then had a second phone interview with another manager and we spoke about my experience and the assignment. I was then given a second writing assignment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary... What qualifies you for this position, what past experience do you have that's relevant to this position, how would you grow this position...   Answer Question

Revenue Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

During the initial first phone interview, the woman whom I spoke to was very easy going and the interview felt more like I was talking to a friend. She was very open about discussing other positions aside from the one I originally applied to. But the second phone interview was challenging since I was asked to quantify experiences at my internship, which was unexpected and very challenging. The guy was very dull and it was difficult to engage with him. Overall, the company gives quick responses and is friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is an interview question you wish I had asked you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and chatted with one guy I know that works there. He gave me good advice and I was excited to move on with the process. about three weeks after I sent my application I received an email saying they weren't interested.

APM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews, first with a recruiter, then with a more technical person. This lead to the onsite interview, which started in the afternoon and went to the early evening. It was comprised of 5 scheduled interviews and then a surprise interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What is the size of the domestic used car market?   1 Answer

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I applied on their websites and they contact me in one week. The first telephone call is just to familiar with your background and project on your resume, so very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Idea about data or the data you are expert?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a very good process. They had Alexandria show me around the office. It's a beautiful place on the bluffs of Santa Barbara and it has its own rec center, kitchen, and the works. I interviewed with 4 different people from different departments such as Marketing and Operations. They all come from different backgrounds and I feel like they're all allowed to ask random questions that they want to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graphiq (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Call Screen, 4 Rounds of Interviews in Office

The company wasn't my cup of tea. It has a very fratty/sorority kind of culture. Nothing wrong with that, but you definitely have to be a certain type of personality to fit in.