Gray Television Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Sort:

Media Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gray Television (Parkersburg, WV) in August 2011.

Interview

I spoke to the station manager on the phone briefly. He then asked me to come into the station. we spoke about my previous carrier. We dis discuss the position briefly but not into detail. He told me the position would be available in the next month. I never heard from him again.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gray Television (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Beware!
    Started with sending my application in online. About four days later I got a call from the Hiring Manager and we spoke for close to an hour. I was invited to come to the station and meet their team. I was asked to bring references, at least three, I bought four.

I met with most of the team and my last interview was with the General Sales Manager of the station. He asked for my references. I gave him my list and we spoke for close to fifteen minutes. I was told all positive things and he said he would sit down with everyone and maybe send an offer before the end of the week if I was selected.

After a week I sent an email to the hiring manager and didn't hear back for another two. I was then told in a very short email that someone else with 10 years more experience got the job. Okay, I moved on. BUT...

About a week later a reference of mine who owns a local store called me to let me know that the local station had used my name and the contact info I provided and acted like I referred them to sell their services to my reference. Two days later another reference of mine called and told me the same thing. All of my references were cold called and my name was used in their attempt to sell to my references. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the value of tv commercials to a local business in today's digital and social media word?   Answer Question
    • When did you overcome a sales objection? What were you selling?   Answer Question
    • What about your background would add value to our team?   Answer Question

Master Control Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gray Television (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

I submitted an application through the HR portion of the website. I was called within a week and went in for an interview with the Master Control Op Manager and the Senior Broadcast Engineer. The interview was fairly straightforward. I had no experience. I then had to come in for a working interview, which was fairly easy even though right away I could tell that the responsibilities for this position far outweighed the pay.

Negotiation

Technical Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gray Television (South Bend, IN) in October 2018.

Interview

They invited me to vist the station and view a live newscasting. I spent a good amount of the aftenoon there meeting a few of the production team. Everyone was laid back and cracking jokes. It never felt like an interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing to do on your resume?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gray Television in August 2015.

Interview

Met with the sales manager and general manager once and was offered the job.
     You are required a drug test and a good driving record. The process was very simple. The background check is extremely thorough. All the on boarding can be done virtually.