Great Western Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple sit down and answer questions they have. Mostly how would you handle different situations and your ability to learn. You should be ready to deal with people on a personal level if you choose to work here.

Personal Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Rapid City, SD) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick, one on one. The interview lasted about thirty minutes. I was asked mostly generic questions about my past experience and goals. Very easy interview process. I heard back from them within a couple days. The whole process took a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Business Banker II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp in November 2013.

Interview

I had worked through a executive recruiter and after an initial conversation with he put me in touch with the regional president. I initially had a phone interview with the regional president and then had a face to face interview. I had also visited with HR about benefits of the company. Most of my conversations prior to meeting with the regional president and my interview prep were with the executive recruiter I was working with at the time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview, I was asked about strengths and how I would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Omaha, NE) in February 2013.

Interview

Came in and met with the manager and lead at the time. Discussed past work experience but it felt more like we were all trying to find out about each other to see if it was a good fit. I mentioned I had cash handling experience and that seemed important and was ultimately why I got the job. 2 weeks later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't care to negotiate, at the time I was happy with their offer.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Omaha, NE) in April 2012.

Interview

1st interview was with the branch manager. Pretty basic questions. Mostly related to banking experience, coaching, sales experience, and personality. 2nd interview was with the same branch manager AND another branch manager. Most questions were about job history, previous sales performance, and "What If" situations.

Interview Questions

• Any of the "what if" or "what would you do" questions   Answer Question
    • How would you motivate our tellers to sell?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told them the offer was too low in the 2nd interview for the duties I'd be required to perform. My counter offer was not only accepted, but exceeded. Great Western Bank managers WILL LOW BALL you everytime. Act professional and remember it is apart of the business. If you ask politely and give solid reasoning as to why you need to be paid more, you should recieve a phone call within a few days saying your counter-offer was approved.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Sioux Falls, SD) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial communications were clear and concise. Good directions to the location. Interview questions were appropriate and thought out. I was interviewed by two people. They knew exactly who and what they were looking for and asked the right questions. They were able to answer questions that I had as well. They seemed to be very smart people and carried a sense of direction about them. I could tell that if I was hired, I would be in the right place.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was pretty happy with the initial offer regarding pay and assigned time to work.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp in July 2011.

Interview

One interview, nice lady, doors were locked when I got there and she didnt seem ready at first. Told me about the company, what I would he doing and the hours.

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Sioux Falls, SD) in November 2010.

Interview

Head hunted

Negotiation

Offered 10% more than I earned at previous employer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milbank, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Milbank, SD) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring interview processs is as dysfunctional as the organization its self. It is start with phone interview, pretty staight forward, then a Face toFace interview. which results being moved to a mid level management. Be prepared to wait, management never makes quick decisions

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Great Western Bancorp (Omaha, NE) in October 2008.

Interview

You first got through the process of a typing test and a Intelligence test which are pretty easy then you do a 1 on 1 with the manager hiring who picks a few candidates, then you are sent to there manager (the bosses boss) and they interview you which then in turn that person tells the manager who the best pick is and thats the whole process.

Interview Questions

• have you ever done a team project that you felt proud of? when and why? explain.   Answer Question