Green Key Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.4

Recruiter, NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Green Key Resources (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, after a few days got a call from an internal recruiter. She asked a lot of questions and was very thorough. She invited me in to the office for an inperson interview and was very professional and took her time to get to know me.
    She then brought her supervisor in who also was extremely nice and also spent another 45 minutes with me. She also spent time getting to know me and asked me a lot of great questions.

Though I didn't get the job, the whole experience taught me a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Key Resources (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Super laid back and friendly for the most part. I had two phone screens. One with someone from HR and then another with leadership. After I had two in person interviews where they basically tried to sell the position to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales? Where do you want to be in 5 years? How do handle rejection from a customer? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Green Key Resources.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter. Asked multiple questions regarding experience and explained a lot about their company and who they talk to. The recruiter explained the daily duties of the position and asked if there was experience in those duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Key Resources (Melville, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I did not have a phone interview i went straight in for the person to person interview with the staffing director. She was extremely pleasant and asked great questions. I then came back for an interview to work for the company and meet with a VP and a partner, again both really nice people and gave me much insight to the company. My 3rd interview was an absolute nightmare. It lasted 90 minutes and i met with the "higher" ups in the company. The first woman was extremely curt and emotionless and asked me questions that i felt did not apply to the position i was going for. The second woman was more real but when i asked her what the companies policy was for moving up in the company she simply replied "where do you think you're going to get promoted to? we have managers but they are not going anywhere, so i don't understand where you think you'll move up" i was taken aback by that comment because whenever i start with a company i make sure that there is room to grow. My last interview was a doozy. I met with the partner of the company and before he came into the interview room i overheard him say "let me go, i have to go scare this girl out of a job". As you can see this company is unprofessional and clearly does not care about growing a business with qualified candidates that want to grow with the organization. The only thing they care about is bringing money into the organization and they made that quite clear. Also, because i currently work as a corporate recruiter they took that as negative mentioning that my current job was "fluffy" and that staffing agencies are hard-work. To say the least, i was appalled and offended walking out of that room. I would never consider going back there.

The only positive is the initial recruiter i met with. She was pleasant and upfront about everything without being rude, curt, or emotionless.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter in a staffing agency?   Answer Question

Human Resources Functions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Green Key Resources.

Interview

I applied through online post(Indeed or Linkedin). Received a call within a few hours...questions were easy and basic.

The recruiter I met with is the Director of Staffing. I met with the recruiter back in Nov 2016 and literally followed up 1-2 times a month and received a response however the response is she's "trying". Meanwhile there is over 50 job postings of the specific field I wanted to be in, obviously she is not trying. The only positive is she actually responds to my emails but that is all.
    Going to recruiting firms is complete waste of time-they usually have clients that are completely impossible....seriously what is the point of temp agency when they aren't giving you any assignments!!??? These recruiters troll Indeed and Linkedin to build their database instead of actually placing people on assignments. Its sad that they give hope, consideration to those like me who are searching for job and then crush it with "oh i'm trying response." No you are not trying, 50 listing and nothing for the last 4 months, right...who would believe you are trying and on top you call yourself director of staffing-hello I haven't been staffed...just fyi.
    I would avoid them and almost all temp agencies(THEY ARE USLESS), businesses just don't care who they through money at.

Senior SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Green Key Resources (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter added me on LinkedIn and after short conversation we set up an interview. It was a 10-15 minutes long phone conversation. Questions were easy, mostly about my past experience. The recruiter was very nice and kept me posted about job status after our interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your day at work.
      What are you salary expectations?   Answer Question

Communications Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Key Resources (New York, NY).

Interview

The woman at first seemed VERY professional. She is based in NY, and I won't name her because I won't do that. But first she told me to redo my resume, and she had a great company in mind. I sent her my resume, and followed up. Never heard back. I e-mailed quite a few times, and nothing. I would have rather her email back and say she had found another candidate. These recruiters are so extremely unprofessional.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Green Key Resources.

Interview

I received a phone call from one of their recruiters and had one face to face interview on the next day. Just basically went through my resume and asked very basic questions.. They said they would send my resume to a financial analyst position with one of their client but never got any feedback.

Clerical Or Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Green Key Resources (Brookhaven, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter added me on LinkedIn, and months later, messaged me on Facebook (which I don't use). So I read the message a month later, and I responded. The girl asked if I was looking for a job and what...
    She gave me her email and we emailed back and forth about what jobs in looking for an when I could come in for an interview. The place was a bit out of the way for me, but I got there and managed to get lost because it was a weird complex. (When I go to the right building I realized how easy it was to you figure it out. Lol)
    When I got to the place, I was brought to an empty room and I filled out paperwork. I met with the recruiter who seems very nice and down to earth. She told me about one position that was up my alley, but the hiring manager was on vacation, so I understand if that position took a while to get back to on.. The recruiter just told me that she'll keep in touch, and will look for jobs that I'm looking for.
    After the interview, I was emailed a test assessment. After I finished the quiz, I emailed the girl to know what the next step is. She told me that, when she finds something she'll email me to go on an interview.
    It's been almost three weeks, and the only thing I got was a mass email from the company about how to relieve stress.
    This is the third job agency I've gone for, and I'm really tired of not going anywhere. I've gone on more interviews applying for a job directly, than through an agency...

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Green Key Resources in June 2016.

Interview

I'm not one to leave reviews, but I feel obligated to share my experience. Extremely disappointing follow-through for a professional recruiting agency. I set up an initial phone screen appointment, which never happened as I never received a call from the recruiter. After I re-initiated the contact to find out if there was miscommunication, and we rescheduled. The phone screen went really well, and we immediately set-up a time for me to talk with her direct supervisor for another phone screen. This interview time was confirmed via email. However, I never received a call for this appointment either (second missed interview by Green Key recruiters). I immediately emailed the initial recruiter that set up the appointment to find out if there was a misunderstanding, and never heard back from her. ~2 weeks after the 2nd missed interview, I finally received a call from her direct supervisor. During this same period, I went through an entire interview process with a larger competitor (3 phone screens, in-person interview, and offer).

Based on my experience, I would offer a word of caution about this company. Professional staffing firms should have the recruitment process pretty well polished, as recruiting IS the product of the company. This was poorly managed. There are larger competitors that have scaled their operations more effectively to serve candidates properly on a national level. Alternatively, major metro markets also have local agencies that will provide a better experience. I'm also cautious of companies that have no authentic negative reviews. Even Laszlo Bock admits cons at Google. There are obvious advantages to distorting ratings to better market a staffing firm.

Interview Questions

• General overview of experience and interests. Standard interview.   Answer Question