Grill Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grill Concepts Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grill Concepts

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grill Concepts (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with 2 managers and then the GM. Very thorough. They each took their time with me, not only interviewing me, but also telling me a lot about the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Servers here make minimum wage plus tips, so there was nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grill Concepts (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First, group interview. Then if you pass through that interview you will interview with the bar manager, then the GM. It is a very smooth process and management is very friendly. It is a laid back place and management makes you feel very comfortable, but be sure to stay very professional while also showing your personality. The are looking for people who are positive, up beat, but also people who have great work ethic and can keep cool in high stress situations.

Interview Questions

• What kind of beer would you pair with a short rib, beef, or desert?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Interview

The hiring and Interview process is very simple. It is a matter of the company seeing if you will be a good fit for them and the position available. The job will be somewhat demanding based on the clientele they attract.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked questions about how you would handle certain situations from a management standpoint. Questions like those will be difficult if you do not have the experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grill Concepts (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with GM twice and discussed job description and duties. Then had meeting with AGM and went over the restaurant in more detail. Interview was done one-on-one within a few days after applying for the position.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge do you have regarding wine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and to the point.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grill Concepts (Burbank, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

You have to know what your doing, you can't just skate in here. You need to be able to sell 2000 in sales on a daily basis. You need extensive knowledge in beer,wine, and all liquors. They sell a high quality product and expect great service for their guests.

Interview Questions

• You name it. If you are qualified you won't have a problem answering them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would study liquor, beer and wine knowledge before coming in. Have an open availability for day or night. Suit up if your a male and wear a dress or something along those lines if your a female. If your an aspiring artist, actor ect.. keep it to yourself. Newsflash if you need days off all the time company's don't want you.