Grimshaw-Architects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grimshaw-Architects Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through a friend. Received an interview, which was casual but professional. The interviewer was interested in my work and what my plans were. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First off, when I applied they responded within 48 hours. Initially I assumed that was a great sign. I entered the building with confidence as I was interviewed by two people simultaneously (one from HR). After 40minutes of discussion, I was told to send a follow-up email with information and they would contact me if I matched the requirements within two weeks. Well I did just that, however, its been over a month and no response. Gee, thanks. I would've even appreciated a rejection, however, they lack human morale.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with two Associate Principals. They both asked different questions and seemed at odds with each other, with lots of interruptions and funny looks. We talked over my portfolio and the work I specialize in.

Part-I Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The overall atmosphere of the interview was pleasant. I was interviewed by two associates. They introduced the company profile, structure and the projects they were currently working on. I was asked to present my projects and portfolio, which they listened and paid close attention to, asked questions which were relevant, things that were interesting to them. Nothing unexpected. At the end of the session there was space for my questions as well.

Urban Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a 2-level interview process. The first interview was with the Associate, very friendly and gave me space to explain everything. The second was with the director, a bit more difficult and to the point, still friendly and engaging though. I was told to expect a reply within a week, received one two weeks later that they did not select me.

Interview Questions

• Go through the portfolio and choose 3 projects that show best what you like to do.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a very laid back chat with 3 of the team. HR manager, HR assistant and admin manager. They didn't ask any questions out of the ordinary - experience, hobbies ect. They were all very nice and there was no pressure at all. I actually thought the interview had gone well. Robert Half recruitment however were awful and did not give any feedback - not even a response saying they said no.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with confidential information
      What are your hobbies
      What is your understanding of the role   Answer Question

First Line Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Initially I had a phone interview with HR. Couldn't hear her properly as she was using her mobile but that later cleared up. She generally asked what I'm currently doing & what the offer is about.

Next was a face 2 face interview with a member of HR and Head of IT.

They were both very friendly, easy going. Great office. Did not get the job sadly.

Interview Questions

• 1) A monitor is not working what do you do
      2) Two members of staff want your help how do you prioritise   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects.

Interview

Poorly organised, interviewers were not from a human resources background and had little knowledge of the job role that I had spent time researching and attending the interview for. Interview lacked flow and at times the interviewers had to keep asking each other if there were any other questions that HR would normally ask

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic, did not seek much depth, felt like I had to overstate because questions to showcase my skills were not being asked   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (London, England (UK)).

Interview

talk about your work, listen to their presentation on their work, answer and ask any questions. was about 45 mins, but i was asked several tricky questions about my work and whether i would like to work in croydon

Interview Questions

• tell us about your project, what are you expecting from this job   Answer Question

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grimshaw-Architects (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty chilled. The typical relaxed interview. Pretty easy and really friendly.
    I spoke with one associate and one associate principal. They were both really relaxed.
    In general, it's been one of the best interview I've ever had.
    Be careful when you mention your salary....they tend to keep it pretty low!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ask for your salary expectation and at the end they offer you at least 2000 less