Group One Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Group One Trading Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.1

Trader Interview

Interview

Did two rounds of interviews, first round had some technical questions, the second round was completely fit / understanding questions. It was overall very relaxed, and I was told a week after the second interview that I got the intern position.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between prop trading and other forms of trading?   Answer Question
    • What is the probability that the first dice roll will be bigger than the second one?   Answer Question

Entry Level Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Group One Trading (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Thought it went well, answered 5/6 math questions correct but never heard back. Even emailed to get feedback or an explanation and didn't get a reply.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading.

Interview

2 rounds. Second round was with the traders at the office. Very straightforward process. Definitely brush up on your math and stats beforehand. They don't expect you to know the ins and outs of options off the bat, so don't worry about that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very professional during the interview and after the process as well. I found out about the company and them taking applications through my university. They were quick getting back to me, compared to other internships I applied for.

Interview Questions

• If you were to play an NBA player would you rather play him one time three or five times? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very straight forward, I applied, got called in. First asked about behavioral based questions. Tell me about yourself. Why trading? Why Group One?
    talked about experiences on resume, then they asked me mental math problems. The whole process lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is three fourth of 0.8 in decimal value?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted the recruiter with my resume and set up an initial phone interview. This was behavioral with a few easy math questions at the end. Lasted around 30 minutes. After that, had an additional phone interview with managing director. This time was straight behavioral, again around 30 minutes. Both interviews were very conversational, not stressful at all. The questions were not designed to trick you.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions
      If Michael Jordan had a 90% FT percentage, what is probability he makes first, misses the second.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't feel the need to negotiate, very reasonable

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume on campus, got a call-back a couple of days later. Had one interview with an HR person, half behavioral, half numbers. Behavioral is your standard trading interview, why do you want to be a trader, what makes you interested in trading etc. Numbers was straightforward mental math that anyone should get with moderate practice

Interview Questions

• Expected value of a game where heads and tails are worth certain amounts and you flip several times.   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading in February 2015.

Interview

It was very fair. Asked mental math and a few probability questions along with behavioral questions like why a trader and personality traits. Stories that demonstrate certain qualities like normal behavioral interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple mathematically. It was mostly a math quiz and a fit test. Afterwards, you get lunch with someone from the firm. Nothing too special about treatment.

Applications Specialist Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Group One Trading.

Interview

The interview was just a phone call. They had two people on the line asking me questions regarding computer science related questions and then explained what the internship was about. Very helpful and nice guys. The interview was only 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the process that you use in writing a program.   Answer Question