Group One Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Group One Trading

3.1

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2020.

Interview

The company is building their quant teams, they are not doing well on current stochastic volatility model as seemingly they aren't knowing much about mathematical and algorithmic optimization and some basic statistical learning, so that however good models fail. Interviewers were like completing missions and I don't see they are sincerely looking for talents. That said the interview process is professional as the first-round and superday accommodate my schedule well.

Interview Questions

• Greeks, Black Scholes input, pros and cons. Flip coin probability question. resume based question.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Group One Trading.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview with 3 people: about the company, basic option, basic probability, and questions to them. They are very nice to me through the interview. It was not hard but be smart to answer some tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• how to make profits from a put option   1 Answer
    • what are the five inputs of Black Scholes Model   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group One Trading (New York, NY).

Interview

They were quick and efficient. Its a small company and I had an in person interview (no video or phone interviews required). There were multiple rounds. I applied through their website.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

I went to a career fair and got an employee referral. A week later, I got a phone interview offer and another week after I did a phone interview. I couldn't make onsite interview though.

Interview Questions

• basically interview questions are from my resume.
      Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Interview

Strange process. Phone call and than brought on site to meet with staff I was not told about. Staff I was supposed to meet with never did. No behavioral questions asked. No information really given on what they were looking for. Rejected a couple days later. No reason given but job remained open for awhile.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

First-round was mainly behavioural, asked about things listed on my resume. Took about 20 minutes. Was invited to "tour" their office, which is the second-round interview.
    The second-round included some questions with probability.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group One Trading (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Probability based. Sit in a room with two people and one asks you probability and market making questions while the other examines your mannerisms. Its to test the quickness of your mind, accuracy, and how you respond in tough, time sensitive situations

Interview Questions

• what is the probability of flipping heads 4 times in a row? whats the prob of flipping HTHT? are they the same?
      Various prob and MM questions   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Group One Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The HR manager was very friendly and opened up the interview with cordial conversation. Not a lot of brainteasers, mostly technical and behavioral "fit" questions. This might be due to the fact I am part of my university's trading program that lets me communicate directly with the company staff.

Trader Interview

Interview

Did two rounds of interviews, first round had some technical questions, the second round was completely fit / understanding questions. It was overall very relaxed, and I was told a week after the second interview that I got the intern position.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between prop trading and other forms of trading?   Answer Question
    • What is the probability that the first dice roll will be bigger than the second one?   1 Answer

Entry Level Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Group One Trading (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Thought it went well, answered 5/6 math questions correct but never heard back. Even emailed to get feedback or an explanation and didn't get a reply.