Cover image for Grubhub

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Grubhub Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 451 of over 451 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Grubhub

Application

I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

Process was so flawless and clean. Moved very quick and I connected with everyone I interview with. Easy to talk to and transparent. Recruiter did a great job of keeping me informed and getting me scheduled asap for the next rounds

Interview Questions
  • What was one thing i look for in a new company
    Answer Question

Grubhub

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

It was 3 rounds 1 round was coding 1 round was soft skills 1 round was system design Each round was 1 hours They were kind but the questions were tough

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Grubhub

Join the conversation on

Tech

631.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Grubhub~419089
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Grubhub? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Grubhub employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub (Greenville, SC) in Jan 2023

Interview

The interview was a bit of a let down. I was really excited about this opportunity, however, the interviewers did a poor job of advocating for their company. There were a lot of questions like "there are a lot of hustlers out there. Why would we hire you over the next person who can sell?" That's an okay question to ask, but when you don't necessarily need to make a career change, it comes off a little unbecoming. I left the interview without a clear sense of the company culture or team dynamics. I wanted to know what I could expect on a day-to-day basis working with this team. From what I gathered from the interviewers and their questions, there isn't a strong culture and it's more about why do you deserve to be there rather than a mutual conversation. That is a little bit of a turn off considering the base salary for this position is $32k and the OTE is $75k which is very low for a large company like this. A lot of the questions were "gotcha" questions.

Interview Questions
  • "Why should we hire you over the next person who hustles?" "What would you change about the dinning experience?"

Grubhub

Application

I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

The process was fast and there were two rounds total. The first round consisted of a phone call with the recruiter then a back to back interview with two different managers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grubhub (Philadelphia, PA) in Nov 2022

Interview

it was very formal, but the interviewers were very open and honest. It seemed more conversational than an interview, and it wasn't as intense as I thought it was going to be.

Interview Questions
  • are you one to have no friends and be at the top 10% or would you have friends and be in the middle of the pack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Grubhub (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2022

Interview

Recruiter => Hiring Manager Didn't make it past this stage. The role was marketed as a non-technical PM role and the hiring manager clearly wanted a technical PM with experience in the industry. After the interview didn't hear back from anyone about the status until I followed up.

Interview Questions
  • They spent 90% of the time digging into my prior product and what I've done in the past.

Grubhub

Application

I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

Its okay Overall its been chill. The recruiters are super nice. There are three rounds in total. All the interviewers are super professional. I really like the company and I accepted the offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grubhub

Application

I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

Fast. Interviewed by two managers. Asked me why I wanted the position. Asked me about my experience. Very easy. Review sales techniques and you will be. Managers were very kind and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grubhub

Application

I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

First round was pretty straightforward. I met with the HR who walked me through the role, the team organizational structure, and compensation. I was asked to speak to my past experience and highlight why I want to join GrubHub. The second round phase was with the hiring manager who asked me more role specific question and shared the teams upcoming initiatives to gauge how good a fit I would be for this role. The final phase of the interview process was a panel interview with some members of the team i.e. Individual contributor (Analyst), manager, and director. This stage was more conversational Q & A format.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Grubhub

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grubhub

Interview

Call with recruiter went really well, and was asked to schedule an interview with hiring managers during call. The interview went poorly, two interviewers. One of them was not engaged at all. When I would speak they would look away (not taking notes) but look away like they were bored. The other interviewer was a bit more engaged.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you have gone above and beyond for a customer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 451 Interviews

Grubhub Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Grubhub as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.62 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Inside Sales Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Care Specialist and Delivery Driver roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Grubhub takes an average of 16 days when considering 494 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Delivery Driver had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 16 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Grubhub according to 494 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.16%