Guerlain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.7

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guerlain (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interested in how the business was going to grow, how to clientele, and increase market share. How I was going to motivate the staff and achieve sales goals

Interview Questions

• the questions were pretty straight forward all based on my personal experience. They asked pertinent questions that related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the negotiation was based on the salary I was asking for and they ended up accepting my request

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guerlain (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was about 20 minutes, very precessional, in two languages English and French, good experience. But they didn't told me how long does it takes to answer. Now I 'm in darkness

Interview Questions

• Beside being make up artist do you have experience in selling products?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guerlain.

Interview

Applied via their career website. Received a call from a junior HR 2 months later saying they are very enthusiast about my application. She scheduled a phone interview two weeks later. The day of the interview, I waited 50 minutes for her to call me (didn't have her phone number, but did sent her an email while waiting). She then calls me and says that she was in a meeting and is busy. She doesn't even sound sorry and just say that we'll postpone the interview to the week after. Then she emails me the day before saying that they recruited someone else. The whole process was just a big joke. I found the Guerlain Hr team very unprofessional and would not recommend anyone to work there (be it an internship or a permanent contract). I heard negative feedback from friends who worked for 6 months to 2 years in different offices in Europe and America. They have a tiny budget and no brand visibility outside of France, compared to bigger players. They try their hardest to appeal to a younger target, and lost their luxury aura. If you want to work in a toxic environment, this is definitely for you. Managers and HR do not represent the so called luxury Maison they want to be, they have no manners and ethic.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guerlain (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

This interview was fast and efficient. Most of the questions ask were behavioural. I only met with the marketing director and not the product manager. They want to know that you are bilingual, have some experience in marketing and are well organized. They also will test your knowledge about the brands and its product.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pas de negotiation possible.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guerlain (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

21 minute in person interview. Somewhat scattered. Spoke little of company and what it would offer and provide for career opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you - tell me right now. That was the first question and set the mood for the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered and received confirmation within half an hour.

Ingénieur Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guerlain (Paris (France)) in May 2017.

Interview

Un premier échange téléphonique afin de connaitre ma situation et ce que je souhaite faire. Puis on m'a demandé de me déplacer sur Paris. Venant de Marseille, cela a coûté un peu cher mais cela valait le coup car il s'agissait vraiment du poste que je souhaitais.
    Cette rencontre devait se faire avec la RH responsable de l'offre. Un entretien d'une heure a eu lieu avec des questions basiques sur moi, mon expérience et pourquoi guerlain puis on m'a mis dehors alors que j'avais fait le déplacement, 1h c'est 1h.
    Après plusieurs relances pendant plus d'un mois, je n'ai jamais eu de réponse, positives ou négatives.

Interview Questions

• Quelle est l'aspect primordial des produits Guerlain ?   1 Answer

Transport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chartres (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guerlain (Chartres (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

Un premier contact téléphonique avec le RH puis un entretien physique avec le manager et le RH, l'entretien a duré 45 minutes et était intéressant, j'ai reçu une réponse environ une semaine après l'entretien.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guerlain.

Interview

J'ai eu la chance de pouvoir être recommandée en interne par une étudiante de mon école aujourd'hui en poste.
    Premier entretien, téléphonique avec les RH.
    Second entretien, physique avec le manager.

Accueil très aimable, le souci de me mettre à l'aise et de me laisser m'exprimer/répondre aux questions au mieux. Très bonne expérience.

Interview Questions

• Quels sont les best practices que vous avez pu identifier dans les stratégies de nos concurrents ?   Answer Question
    • Quel point de notre stratégie actuelle est à améliorer selon vous ?   Answer Question

Stagiaire Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guerlain.

Interview

D'abord j'ai eu un entretien téléphonique avec la RH, ensuite un entretien personnel avec la meme responsable RH. Ensuite j'ai eu un autre entretien avec le manager opérationnel, donc ma future manager.

Interview Questions

• - Pourquoi Guerlain?
      - Qu'est-ce que Guelrain veut dire pour vous?
      - Quel est votre produit Guerlain préféré?   Answer Question

Marketing Opérationnel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guerlain (Paris (France)) in March 2016.

Interview

Premier entretien téléphonique de 30min avec la RH puis assesment center.
    Entretien Rh questions classiques sur votre parcours, la marque, son histoire et son actualité.
    Assesment center: dure une matinée. Composé d'une présentation du groupe suivi d'un entretien de personnalité avec 2 managers et 1 rh (environ 10 candidats sur 2 postes), puis 1 exercice d'analyse de lancement à 360 d'une nouvelle gamme.

Le poste sur lequel j'avais été positionnée a été pourvu en interne la veille de l'assesment center, j'ai été prévenue par appel de la rh à 16H, l'entretien étant le lendemain matin.