GuideStone Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GuideStone Financial Interview Questions

3.2

Bilingual Korean/English Customer Relations Special Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GuideStone Financial (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Went in for interview. For the HR person tell u about the benefits they offer. Then met with 2 guys. Interviewed with them for 40 minutes. One seemed very nice the other not so much. They then took me upstairs and toured the dep in which I applied. Then to my surprise I interviewed with 2 more men, higher up. They seemed ok I guess. Left feeling like I'd done a great job. They told me I'd be hearing from them soon. Oh yeah I forgot I did a phone screen first with 5 people. Yes 5! A week or so pass by I still have heard anything. Finally decided to reach out to see what's going on. Was told I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Just tell me about your resume type stuff. What would you do in various situations.
      Do you believe in God.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GuideStone Financial (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied for job on website and was subsequently contacted by HR. An interview was set up. I was interviewed by HR for a short period and then set waiting for 30 minutes for the attorney to show up to interview me. She simultaneously looked at her smartphone and her tablet and repeatedly throughout the interview and didn't pay attention to me. She said she had another meeting at a specific time and didn't want to be late for it, so every couple of minutes she would pick up either the phone or the tablet and check the time or look at something else on it. It was quite demeaning to me. Seriously??? She had two gadgets in your hands, perhaps she could have set an alarm instead so she could focus on the interview. What a concept. I was given a ridiculous writing assignment and when I sent emails to HR and to the attorney who assigned neither of them acknowledged that they had received anything from me or thanked me for the taking the time to do it. That of course told me I was probably really lucky to not have received an offer, as working for this women would likely be a nightmare. Probably saved lots of hellish work experiences to come.

Interview Questions

• The job description detailed a number of job duties. Out of say, 30 duties I was experienced and qualified in, one duty that was a small part of the job was what the attorney focused on. The job description indicated it was a small part of the job. She assigned a writing assignment that was insanely complicated, and related to this tiny part of the job. The interview consisted of her going back and forth between her gadgets and asking me only about this one area, before she had to cut it short and go to another meeting.   Answer Question

Financial Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GuideStone Financial (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied in January and received an email in February. After a couple emails with the recruiter, I drove to Dallas for an interview in March. I interviewed with the recruiter in HR first, and afterwards I met with the manager of the department I was seeking a position in. Two weeks later I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer. I also sent my gas receipt in for reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to disagree with a team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation because it was an internship with flat rates.

Plan Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GuideStone Financial (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews with multiple people spanning several weeks. There was an essay technical test at the end of each interview. They provided a list of topics and you select 3 questions from list to write a paragraph about.
    The first interview was in a conference room and the second was over a meal in break room.

Interview Questions

• They asked me technical questions pertaining to job role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GuideStone Financial.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an in person interview. It was a group interview with 4 managers. The interview was mainly questions about my resume and experience. After that was completed, I was invited for a second interview with the department head who asked the exact same questions that were previously asked. The second interview lasted approximately 20 minutes.