Guy Carpenter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (Seattle, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

I cold applied and received a phone call five days later. Once I completed the phone screen I waited three weeks for my recruiter to connect with the hiring manager and set a date for a Skype interview. I had one Skype interview and a couple of weeks later was invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted three hours and I met with eleven individual in sets of two. A couple of weeks later I was invited for a lunch interview with what would be my supervisor. I was supposed to hear back within a week but it took almost three weeks. I received an offer three weeks after the lunch interview.

It's a great way to meet the team, but a slow process.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to travel? - lots of travel required for this specific role.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Telephonic and skype

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I only had one interview in new york city. When I went in it was with five different employers, each one lasting about 20 minutes. Most of the questions I was asked were behavioral and personality questions - nothing too tricky or unexpected. It took a while for HR to get back with their decision.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were unexpected or too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by HR and asked to come for interviews in New York. I had four interviews back to back. The people I met were really outgoing and seemed to love their jobs. The interviews were more like conversations so I recommend doing research on the company, why you want to work there, and have tons of questions so you can have a full conversation. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. If you could major in anything, would you still be majoring in _______?   Answer Question

Guy Carpenter Response

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience. Good luck in your internship!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Referral by employee. Just one round with managing director and a prior intern. You may expect some difficult technical questions. And of course some behavior questions on your resume and insight of the company's business and culture. Overall it's good experience and we had lunch together after the interview. I think every colleague I met is very nice and glad to answer your questions.

Interview Questions

• Flip two coins. What distribution should you use to simulate the result?   1 Answer

Guy Carpenter Response

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter.

Interview

three member of the company comes to school to do the interview process. one guy testing the technical question, second guy testing the insurance question, and the third guy is the boss and he is asking about the resume and fitting questions

Interview Questions

• using any languages, write the program to output prime number from 0- 100   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

1st round interview with 3 different person, each 15 mins. One of them tend to ask about technical skills, such as sql, VBA, or C language. Others tend to ask behavior questions or randomly talk with you.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter in November 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Two months later I was invited for a video interview. After completing the interview I was told someone would reach out to me. No one reached out. Four months after the interview I get a rejection email.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening a few weeks after I applied. Just over two weeks later I was contacted again for a video interview with the Managing Director

Interview Questions

• Mostly went through my resume. Asked some questions about Excel and how you would handle some situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process, from the initial phone call from their HR to the phone call from the hiring manager telling me I got the job was rather fast compared to other interview processes that I went through. It all happened within the space of a couple weeks. First, an HR interview over the phone. Then my first on-site interview with the principal hiring manger. Then a final interview with several team members. Then job.

Interview Questions

• How would you defend your GPA? (it wasn't the highest)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just accepted what they offered, I really needed my first job.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter.

Interview

basic interview questions - background, experience, reinsurance experience, etc. Phone interview first then recruiters call for an interview date and then you would get a phone call and/or email if you get an offer. process didn't take too long - 2 weeks max.