Guy Carpenter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guy Carpenter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Had six separate interviews with GC management. Some interviews were one-on-one, where as others were conducted by two managers. Very conversational. Management was cordial and interested in learning about me. Advice: don't overthink or stress over the opportunity to interview for this role. Just be yourself and relay your experience and how you may use it to succeed with GC.

Interview Questions

• If you had to explain insurance and reinsurance to a child, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that you had a great interview experience. Thanks for the feedback.

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews back to back in the Minneapolis Office. The first one was with two managers who asked general questions about my background. The second one was with the CEO of the catastrophe modeling Americas department and the last was with two other managers who focused on technical skills (Phyton, SQL...)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the insurance industry and catastrophe modeling?
      What do you know about reinsurance?
      Walk us through your resume, relevant coursework.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was able to meet with some of the management one-on-one and we discussed their experience with the company and what to expect in the role that I was interested in. I appreciated them trying to get to know me to see if this was a good fit for me or not. They were very engaging and positive. After my interviews it definitely solidified my pursuit.

Interview Questions

• My current experience in the industry and if I had some experience in with Microsoft Power point and Excel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was referred to informational interview by friend working at the company. He sent my resume in and requested a HR representative get in contact with me and tell me more about the company, while simultaneously vetting me as a potential employee and whether it's worth sending my information on to others in the company for potential hire.

Interview Questions

• Please provide me an introduction to yourself and your background.

Why did you choose your major and academic background to be what it is?

Please tell me about your experience at XYZ company, as well as your internship at ABC.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Because it was just an informational interview, looking to validate whether to pass on my information or not to other people in the company, and just generally get in contact with me, there was little negotiation.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter.

Interview

I got the phone interview after I applied the position one month before. And I made the phone interview one week later. The question was very basic. Actually I do not think this is the first round interview. HR asked me to introduce myself, what company I would like to work and visa status. HR told me that the sponsorship was discussed case by case and the next round is the behavioral question and case interview. Anyway I was noticed of the refuse one week later.

Interview Questions

• introduce myself and what company I would like to work   Answer Question

Risk Benchmarks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Three people came to the campus for the interview, 15 mins for each interviewer. Two behavioral, one tech. They are very nice. 15mins honestly is very short and I have to express myself within short amount of time.

Risk Benchmarks Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round: 15 mins each, 3 interviewers, 45mins total. One interviewer asked three technical questions, which required knowledge of SQL and Excel VBA; the other two interviewers asked some P&C practical questions and some behavioral questions.
    2nd round: about 3 hrs total, meet with seniors at the company. All of them are very nice and makes you feel really relaxed and comfortable

Interview Questions

• Opinion about the 2015 Annual Statistical Review   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between calendar year and accidental year?   Answer Question
    • If you were to be the CEO for our company for one day, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Three coding questions related to SQL and VBA   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Referral by employee. Just one round with managing director and a prior intern. You may expect some difficult technical questions. And of course some behavior questions on your resume and insight of the company's business and culture. Overall it's good experience and we had lunch together after the interview. I think every colleague I met is very nice and glad to answer your questions.

Interview Questions

• Flip two coins. What distribution should you use to simulate the result?   1 Answer

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience. Good luck in your internship!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by HR and asked to come for interviews in New York. I had four interviews back to back. The people I met were really outgoing and seemed to love their jobs. The interviews were more like conversations so I recommend doing research on the company, why you want to work there, and have tons of questions so you can have a full conversation. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. If you could major in anything, would you still be majoring in _______?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

GC Securities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guy Carpenter (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent in my resume and shortly after received a interview slot. The interview was with two guys in my division. Was notified a week later that I did not get the job.