Gyu-Kaku Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gyu-Kaku Interview Questions

Interviews at Gyu-Kaku

1.8

Anonymous Employee in West Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (West Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and information over the mail. I have then received an invitation for an interview over the phone. I came in the next day and had the interview before receiving the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

You walk in with your resume and they will go over the work entailed. You will go through an hr of observation to see if you want to join the team. If you are up for the challenge at least come in to observe

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was rather quick, it was more listening than talking. The manager did make me wait a while and it was not very busy. Very few questions pertained to work history or experience, the tip system and pay rate is explained to you as well as scheduling.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku.

Interview

The interviews were pretty short, nothing out of the ordinary for restaurant job interviews. Met with all the managers within 2 days. Was offered the job within 48 hours of the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was easy. Didn’t ask a lot of questions. It lasted 10 mins and I were able to get offer a job the next day. Make sure to smile a lot. They pushed your smile a lot once you get the job

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku.

Interview

Interview was easy the manager will just ask you a series of questions such as "why do you want to work here? Have you worked in a restaurant before?

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Paper work one on one interview with manager

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Really quick came in during a lunch shift and when it was really slow and the manager was able to interview me. Come with a resume and be prepare to look presentable. Call ahead sometimes to see if they are busy but most of the time it is slow during lunch

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku in February 2015.

Interview

Super straight forward interview. Basically asks you about your experiences and competencies. No trick questions.

There is also a shadow interview to see how you will pan out in a busy night - which is unpaid and will have both you and the employer see if you are well made for the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do a shadow interview for a few hours?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gyu-Kaku (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Very friendly manager asked my experience and my availability. I was told training is one week then they give you a test. Overall easy interview, excited to start training. I was showed the menu and what we will learn as far as the sauces, knowing the types of meats by looking at them, explaining how the grill works. First day of training was the next day. We will see how it goes!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience serving before?   1 Answer