HBK Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.3

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They had scripting listed as a desired skill and when I told them that's something I like to do, they looked at me like i was stupid and that it had nothing to do with the job. The interviewer had an HR degree and knew nothing about IT.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do in IT?   1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts with an email from an HBK Capital recruiter. The email will have an attached document that you fill out about yourself. Next, they will set up a phone call to ask you some general questions about your professional experience so be sure you can give examples and details about what is on your resume. Next, they will give you an excel and finance test which you have twenty-four hours to complete. This was as far as I got into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1) Transform the time series for the ten names into weekly data and calculate the weekly return for each name.
      2) Calculate the annualized volatility of returns for each name, based on the weekly returns.
      3) Generate a 10x10 correlation matrix using the weekly returns (preferably by writing one formula and filling it to the 10x10 grid, instead of amending all formulas for each calculation).
      4) Form a portfolio using the single stocks and calculate the return of the portfolio for each week. Use an equal weighting for each single stock and assume the portfolio is rebalanced weekly.
      5) Using the equally-weighted portfolio above, find the hedge ratio between the portfolio and the S&P 500 Index which minimizes the weekly volatility of the hedged portfolio .
      6) Using the equally-weighted portfolio again, find the optimal hedge ratios for the portfolio assuming you can use any combination of the S&P 500 and the Russell 2000.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management in October 2016.

Interview

I met with an HBK recruiter at my college career fair and got a coding challenge from them a couple days later. After I passed the coding challenge, I got a phone interview from one of the developers who posed a recursive problem to me which I wasn't able to figure out properly at the time.

Interview Questions

• Given a number amount and a list of coins, how many different combinations of those coins would give you that amount.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Coding interview. Two questions were asked. The first one is to test the online coding system. However, this question is not very simple and it took me quite a long time to get it done. The second question is about dynamic programming. It is not hard, but there were some bug in my code.

Trader - Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the head of research who screen out candidates and identify more interesting ones for the investment team, then I met with several members of the investment team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Is was relaxing starting with some behavioral questions and followed by technical ones. The interviewer asked about implementing a function that verifies whether a binary tree is a binary search tree or not.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round basically goes through your resume and ask you technical questions. I did not code but explain my idea to interviewer. It lasts about one hour. The interviewer says there will be next round after 2 or three days and it will be fully technical in coding. The next round might take your three or four hours to finish it.

Risk Management Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Interview

I got a phone interview from them.
    They just went through my resume.................................................................
    The manager sent me a email and schedule a appointment.
    Some one in the risk management team give me a call and interview me for about 1 hour

Interview Questions

• every question is about my resume. not very unexpected   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Interview

Initial Communication: University hiring
    Number of Interviews: 1
    Mode of Interview: Telephonic
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• 1. Where was S&P500 and Dow Jones in the morning?
      2. What is the highest position in a career in Risk Management of an employee?
      3. How many risk metrics do you know of?
      4. Is VaR additive?
      5. How many trading strategies do you know of?
      6. What is convertible arbitrage?
      7. How many greeks of European option do you know? What do they intuitively signify?
      8. How do greeks change with time?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HBK Capital Management.

Interview

The interview was a 1-on-1 interview and highly technical. As soon as it started, technical questions were asked on data structures and algorithms; after those, I was asked one behavioral question and allowed to ask questions on HBK. It was casual and everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Given two linked lists of different length, find the first node in common if they have one in common.   Answer Question