HCA Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse (RN) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare (Bradenton, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied to a Nurse Residency position at a hospital through HCA. One of the recruiters emailed me an interview request within a few hours of submitting my application. I was able to choose the day and time (options: next day, 2 day).

Clinical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare.

Interview

I applied and was called for a phone interview the next day. I had to take a personality screening test first online. I assume there are several elements of the process but since I did not accept the salary we did not continue

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare.

Interview

Great management and fairly easy interview ! They ask the basic interview questions but are very friendly and you don’t feel nervous or uncomfortable answering the awkward interview questions

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare (Nashville, TN) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied through the HCA careers portal and was contacted by an internal recruiter to schedule a phone interview screening around 3 weeks later. This interview is very brief and basic.

The same recruiter contacted me roughly 2 weeks later requesting to schedule an on-site interview on behalf of the hiring manager. The interview process included 2 panel interviews that lasted about 40 minutes each. The first panel interview was conducted by managers and the second by team members in the department. The entire experience was quite pleasant, professional in execution, and casual in delivery.

I was offered the job 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How do you handle stressful situations?
      What's your greatest weakness/strength?
      Why do you want to work for HCA?
      What makes you a good fit for this position?
      Do you work better under supervision or independently?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare in March 2020.

Interview

Online application, hiring fair followed by an in person on site interview. Very organized and very nice people. The process felt very personal and I really liked the nursing managers that I met with. They are the reason I accepted.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare (Nashville, TN) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up a phone interview. It was quick and easy. After about 10 minutes the recruiter told me she wanted to send me to the next round. Next I had to complete two assessments and wait to hear back. I never heard anything back so I reached out. That same day I got another call to set up an in person interview. I was supposed to interview with six people and after driving hours to their office, no one showed up. One COO arrived and said he needed to find out if the others were coming. I felt very disrespected coming all that way and the interviewers not even communicating with one another if they would be able to join the pre-scheduled interview. They asked me 3-4 questions and ended the interview. I had never felt so much regret applying to a company. I studied everything there was to know about the company, preparing for hours, and they didn't ask me a single question about my qualifications or why HCA. The WORST part of the interview was when they decided to be on their phone for almost the entire interview...right in front of me. I have never experienced someone asking me a question and then immediately picking up their phone while I respond. The only reason I was able to find out they rejected me was emailing them a few times. I was warned prior to my first interview that the company is not effective or timely when it comes to emailing candidates or even moving to the next process. I should have realized then, that they don't care about people even though it is their mission and core value.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a leadership position?   Answer Question

PRN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone interview (during covid outbreak). Entire process took about 2 weeks from application to offer. Offer was given within 24 hrs after interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous job experience relate to this role?   Answer Question

New Grad Registered Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

Room with several tables set up. One table for each dept. The applicants came in a scheduled and went around the room and interviewed for whatever sept they wanted to. Several interview going on at one time. Very laid back and the managers were easy to talk to. Haven’t gotten an offer yet

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a nurse?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for HCA and what do you know about HCA?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to change a process and adapt to another process that you were not used to?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to manage your time while you were in school? How did you stay on top of everything?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with it deescalate an upset patient or family member?   Answer Question

New Grad Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied online and they sent me an email for a phone interview within 45 min. I set up the phone interview for 2 days later. The recruiter liked me and told me about the available positions in various hospitals and said she would set up an in person interview with the director of the unit. I scheduled the interview for a week later and interviewed with the director his second in command as well as 2 other employees to see how I'd fit in and then finally the Director of all the nurses in the hospital. There were no situational questions like what if a patient is on the floor and you walk by the room or what would you do for an MI. None of that just basic questions for me but I know others who have been asked multiple situational questions those you just have to know your stuff cant prep since you never know what they'll ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work on this unit?   1 Answer
    • Why did you want to become a nurse?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a nurse you met you'd like to be like?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare (Austin, TX).

Interview

First a phone screening followed by an in person interview with the nursing manager and then the nursing director for the unit. Shadowed a floor nurse and then did a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. What is your biggest weakness, what would you do in "x" situation?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCA Healthcare.

Interview

got called in, interview was simple and fast. they changed it several times. waiting to see if i got the job. Everyone was nice even though I was nervous. Asked simple and personal questions.