HJ3 Composite Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at HJ3 Composite Technologies

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was very good experience. It started with a phone interview with the HR Director. She was very pleasant and asked questions to determine experience, skills, etc. Eventually, I met with the CEO. He also was very welcoming. I felt like he took the time to get to know me and see if I fit their culture. His questions were thought provoking.

Interview Questions

• What was my ideal work culture? Who was my favorite mentor and why? How do I create work life balance?   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies (Tucson, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The process felt very organized. I received a questionnaire with 10-15 questions. I then received 2 links that were testing. One test was a 10-minute math and vocabulary test, and the other was more about personality. The questions were fairly straight forward. I then received an interview with the department head. He was friendly but serious. I was then invited back to interview with the owner who was more focused on fit.

Interview Questions

• The department head asked questions associated with the skills and tasks required for the position - give me an example of a time... The owner seemed to be more focused on questions related to scenarios that may occur and how I would handle them.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online and waiting for a response I was directed to fill out a personality quiz online and submit for a background check. Once those came in I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with their consultant and the production manager. I thought that was a little odd considering his job role had nothing to do with the job title I was applying for. The interview was very basic, you respond to a generic list of questions. During the interview it felt very unprofessional and the two interviewers were quick to make it feel uncomfortable with how they were interacting with each other towards me. I was instructed to go have my drug test done and come back for a second interview.

On my second, and last, interview it was with the owner. After waiting well past our scheduled meeting time he came in. He offers no apology for being so late and keeping you waiting at all. Plus, right off the bat, he gives the impression that he has better things he needs to get back to doing. You answer his questions, and he goes over your answered list of questions from the last interview. Then he simply shook my hand and said I would be hearing from them soon with an answer.

After waiting for a week or so I received an offer letter. The compensation was low but I was told there would be performance interviews given and at that time a raise could be discussed. After 6 months I still hadn't received a review. I had to take it upon myself to point out the fact I had not received one and to have one. I was reviewed by the consultant who had little knowledge of how I was performing and it ended up being pointless. I never received a raise and never heard another word about any of it again.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
      What is your greatest weakness/flaw?
      How do you handle a coworker that has obviously broken a rule?
      Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies.

Interview

Interview process was long and extensively drawn out.

There were three different people on the interview panel: The consultant, The CEO and the current production manager, who was moving to a new position. There wasn't clear communication of what happened next, and the interviews were long and somewhat pushy.

I would not describe this experience as pleasant or even with ambivalence, it was downright awful. It lacked professionalism and courtesy, and I stopped interviewing after the second round of interviews because I felt so intimidated and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a question, but the CEO demanded that I explain my current manufacturing process in a "minute or less".   Answer Question

I didn't know if I got an offer or not, I dropped out midway during the process because I felt uncomfortable with the company's lack of HR department as well as hiring practices. I had already been drug tested and passed my background testing.

I was sat in a room, and intimidated to the point of tears over an email I had written that made their consultant feel upset with me. I simply asked when or if I should expect an offer letter and when the next steps should be. It has taken me a long time to write this review, however I felt that I needed to let people know what they may be up against at this company.

Civil Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies (Tucson, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview lasted 5 minutes followed by insulting emails and arguments based on compensation.

Interview Questions

• zero questions that were difficult because the interviewer was not an engineer   Answer Question

Negotiation

All through email which was offensive and contained a voice lacking of intelligence and knowledge of engineering.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HJ3 Composite Technologies (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The office is clean and people are all generally nice. Will need to take a personality assessment and prove your technical skill set (pretty easy considering no one in the office is an engineer). Overall, it seems like an easy job and they are more concerned about fit. The process seems to take longer than it should -- they said they were looking at other applicants -- but I never got the impression that they were comparing me with anyone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of workplace culture questions. The owner asked some technical questions and I found I had to 'dumb down' the response to get him to understand that I was correct. Most questions are leading so it is pretty easy to tell them what they want to hear.   Answer Question

Pay and benefits are extremely low. Owner seems more interested in having a stamp at his disposal than a Professional Engineer on his staff.