HOK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOK (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview during the career fair. Browsing over the portfolio. You need to walk through your portfolio and explain things in detail. So be very clear about what you did and why you did that.

Interior Design Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HOK (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I got recommended from a recent hired employee at Hok. She then ask me to submit an online application. It took 1 week for Hok to reply back and ask me to come in for an interview. After the interview i got the offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience with design?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOK.

Interview

Typical Interview. They simply asked about questions relating to your experience and job applied for. Interviewed with HR and Manager. Interview took about 2 weeks and I came in a total of 2 times.

Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOK (New York, NY).

Interview

Review of CV, portfolio, and relevant job experience. Good overview of HOK approach to design process. DIscussed questions regarding role and how previous experience could be applied within team structure.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HOK?   1 Answer

Architect IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOK (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening from HR inquiring about specific skills and availability. Scheduled multiple informal sit-down discussions with individual principals. One interview included a tour of the office space. If they were available at the same time, the interviews probably would have included both. Follow-up phone call from HR with formal offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOK (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online portal on their website. I was called about a month later and set up a time to discuss my work and experience. This was the interview although it was very causal.

Contract Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HOK.

Interview

Straight forward. There were 2 people coming in the conference room. We talked about my resume for a while and asked about how well I use Revit program. It was a very short interview. After that I had to take a Revit test at home.

Design Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOK (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online through the website. I was emailed about 2 weeks later asking for an interview and whether or not I wanted to do it in person or via video chat. I opted to interview in person because I figured I could be more personable with the interviewers.
    I got to the HOK office and was seated in a large conference room. I had the interview with 2 people who asked about my portfolio and school work. They also asked about my thesis and my thought process as well as the hardest moments of my thesis. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk them through my portfolio and if I had any questions for them afterwards. It was more of a conversation than an interrogation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They accepted the first number I asked for, there wasn't any negotiation. I had received an offer from Gensler and I told HOK that I had received an offer from another firm and they extended an offer to me.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOK (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

HR scheduled an interview via email and I had an interview with a head designer via phone call. He asked me to introduce myself then, I talked about education, reasons that I start to study architecture, internship, goal in career and reason that I applied hok. In between my introduction, he asked questions and after that he introduced office culture, working conditions and their expectation to me. I also asked questions from his introduction.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HOK (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was with 4 to 5 people, they all were very professional. They were interested in my experience and portfolio.
    They're very busy, so make sure to call to follow up... HR won't call to tell you if you don't get the job!!!

(this is making me write 50 words to publish the review aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh ;)

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your portfolio.
      Talk to us about your experience.
      Do you know about HOK?