HOK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HOK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2018

2.9

Contract Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HOK.

Interview

Straight forward. There were 2 people coming in the conference room. We talked about my resume for a while and asked about how well I use Revit program. It was a very short interview. After that I had to take a Revit test at home.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOK (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted portfolio and resume through their website, and they contacted me like 2weeks later. Then I scheduled a phone interview. And got an offer few days later. It was for summer internship.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOK (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview during the career fair. Browsing over the portfolio. You need to walk through your portfolio and explain things in detail. So be very clear about what you did and why you did that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOK (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Some general questions about experience, education. Nothing too serious. It's half hour long. The guy does not seem to be interested in lower years architecture major any way. He then reviewed the portfolio, and kindly reject lower years students

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HOK (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was not very engaging or friendly. It was a little intimidating. But they did seem interested when I showed them some of my work. But the rest of the staff was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOK (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online portal on their website. I was called about a month later and set up a time to discuss my work and experience. This was the interview although it was very causal.

Marketing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HOK (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process here is long and drawn out. I completed four interviews over a period of four months. Interviews need to be coordinated between local design and management principals and firm board members and/or marketing committee.

Interview Questions

• Convincing them I could be success in their "matrixed" and "large platform" organization. Instead of being focus on my past success and achievement based on strategy development and tactical execution they obsessed on what business relationship I provided them access to coming in the door.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOK (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online and met directly with Office Manager (never spoke with HR or met with that department). Initial communication was pleasant and interview was equally as pleasant. Office atmosphere was really quiet and interviewer provided a pleasant conversation. Questions regarding qualifications were not directly asked so be prepared to sell yourself answering the typical questions asked but are not asked during this interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical "Tell me about yourself?"   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at HOK (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Long -- Initially contacted by recruiter who did initial screening and coordinated the first interview and then there were a series of other interviews that followed. Recruiter was not able to finalize the decision. I requested permission to contact company directly to build up relationship with HOK with the hope that I would be contacted again when they were ready to hire for the position. I managed to maintain the communication open and eventually the company invited me for a few more interviews and after several emails and phone calls I received the offer to join the firm. It was a long process - that started with the assistance of the recruiter, and the hire was done 8 months later. HOK said they had paid the recruiter for their service, but I am not able to confirm if this took place.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOK (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through special program via university. My coordinator arranged interview. Had two interviews. Both interviewers were from structural department. Interview was really relaxed, friendly, and informal. Questions were pretty simple, little preparation may not do any harm though. Some sample questions includes: what software you know, have you worked in such projects etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects you are enjoying the most? Which was your favourite task / project during previous internships.   Answer Question