HOK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HOK Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Interview

It was a group interview with the entire team, so I was able to meet everyone and felt a part of the group. They asked great questions, and I had a good amount of time there.

Interior Design Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOK (Culver City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Called me for an interview about 4 weeks after I applied online. Interview was scheduled for a week later. They were extremely curt, didn't make good eye contact and behaved almost uninterested in the interview. I was really surprised by how unprofessional this was.

Interview Questions

• "how well do you know revit"   1 Answer

Sustainable Design Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOK in August 2017.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was in another city so they had me go to the local office to do a video conference call. They asked my about my experience and projects on my resume like normal interviews. The description of the role listed a lot of sustainability/energy analysis skills/knowledge that I do have, but it seems like they only care about whether or not you have worked on any LEED projects. They kept asking (like 3 times within 30 minutes) me if I had any sort of LEED experience which I told them at the very beginning that it is not something that I have worked on directly but do have knowledge in. I talked about my other projects, which many hiring managers at other firms have expressed how impressive those were, but the two people interviewed me just gave me blank faces pretty much the entire process. In the end they said one of the team members would contact me about the decision and they didn't. It was just an automatic email saying we will notify you if we decide to hire you and that was it.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOK (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview during the career fair. Browsing over the portfolio. You need to walk through your portfolio and explain things in detail. So be very clear about what you did and why you did that.

Interior Design Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HOK (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I got recommended from a recent hired employee at Hok. She then ask me to submit an online application. It took 1 week for Hok to reply back and ask me to come in for an interview. After the interview i got the offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience with design?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOK.

Interview

Typical Interview. They simply asked about questions relating to your experience and job applied for. Interviewed with HR and Manager. Interview took about 2 weeks and I came in a total of 2 times.

Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOK (New York, NY).

Interview

Review of CV, portfolio, and relevant job experience. Good overview of HOK approach to design process. DIscussed questions regarding role and how previous experience could be applied within team structure.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HOK?   1 Answer

Architect IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOK (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening from HR inquiring about specific skills and availability. Scheduled multiple informal sit-down discussions with individual principals. One interview included a tour of the office space. If they were available at the same time, the interviews probably would have included both. Follow-up phone call from HR with formal offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOK (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online portal on their website. I was called about a month later and set up a time to discuss my work and experience. This was the interview although it was very causal.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOK (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted portfolio and resume through their website, and they contacted me like 2weeks later. Then I scheduled a phone interview. And got an offer few days later. It was for summer internship.