HTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HTC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager moved through this process very quickly. The phone screen and actual interviewed occurred within one week of each other.
    The phone screen itself was simple. I was asked about previous management experience, event planning, why I'm interested in this position. At the interview, I was asked to explain my work experience and how to prioritize.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple tasks that have an urgent deadline?   Answer Question

VR Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at HTC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by an HTC HR specialist about the position. After responding positively, I emailed my resume to the HR specialist. Two days later he emailed me back to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview was done late in the evening because the HR specialist was based in Taiwan. The interview was really awkward because it was on speakerphone on his end and I could hear both a delay and an echo. I was asked some basic questions about my experience and given the opportunity to ask questions back. I never heard back from him after that call.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

After telling me they wanted to move forward with an offer, I was asked how much I'm making currently so they can use that as a basis for their offer. This is an incredibly regressive way to approach salary negotiation, and how wage gaps persist, especially in underrepresented groups in tech (of which I belong to at least one).

Recruiting dragging their feet for a couple weeks, then declined to meet the salary range I asked for because it was "just not possible" and made me a lowball offer that rested solely on my current salary. No thank you.

Weeks after I declined their first offer, oh! All of a sudden we can meet the range you requested! How about that.

If HTC's recruiting team had met my very reasonable requirements right off the bat, I would have happily taken the position when I was first offered it a month prior. Unfortunately for them, in the time between offer #1 and offer #2, I had received a job offer from another company that I ended up taking, due in part to the other company's willingness to negotiate swiftly and transparently with me.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HTC (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Vary simple interview because they seem to be extremely disorganized and came across that AI was forgotten about multiple times. And there was times where i was left alone for 5 to 10 minutes till next person showed up.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HTC.

Interview

Very lengthy - I had to meet with a team of individuals on the phone and in-person. It was a great way to get to know others in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at HTC?   1 Answer

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HTC in June 2015.

Interview

There were five questions asked during the interview. First, the hiring manager asked me to introduce yourself, and she picked on one marketing project that I did in school. Following by a scenario question, and question about excel proficiency.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a newly developed product that is sitting on the shelve in the company?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HTC in May 2015.

Interview

The time process of interviewing was stretched out over a long period of time, which was frustrating because I had other opportunities to consider. Additionally, HTC did not give me interviews with people from the specific marketing department that I was applying for, but rather current employees from another team.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand that you think does social media well?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HTC in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. He basically welcomes students studying abroad and with good ability. He didn't ask much actually so I spend more time explaining my projects by myself.
    But one thing I heard from a friend is that if the interviewer asked if you want to work in Taiwan in the future, be sure to answer "yes".

IT Infrastruture Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HTC (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Review of resume selection process, if your selected for a interview, you are to have two hours time for it with the HR manager and CIO. Interview with HR is very long and covers all aspects. Overview of the company and growth passed, present and future........Total number of employees and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Management style, handling of employe with an issue with the remaining team. Growth and long range planning.what I have for hobbies, Friends in and out of the industry. background and companies that I have worked, challenges, people I worked with.....   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HTC (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR does a really nice job at first but the office I went to for interview (in downtown Seattle) looks like a small start up (they work on Zoe.com) with maybe 20-30 employees at most. You first talk to the product managers, then talk to couple of engineers for white boarding (which I liked) but then you get to talk to few old school engineers including the hiring manager. They seems to not be very pleasant and secondary agenda ! Questions were not clear when asked for clarification they said oh we are out of time. I Noticed the first younger engineers seem to know what they want and were asking good white boarding questions but the couple of old engineers that come in towards the end and the hiring manager seem to be inexperienced in hiring and asking good and clear questions. I don't blame them it's a small office and they probably don't do much of hiring very often.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult , How can one generate a binary tree?   1 Answer