Haas Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.3

Purchasing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Chatsworth, CA).

Interview

Short. I was hired within a few days of my second interview. My initial interview consisted of four one-to-one interviews. My second interview was with the department head. By the time I arrived home from the second interview HR had phoned to schedule an appointment for a physical and drug test.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Ventura, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through hiring agency. Called for interview in just a few days. The process was VERY fast. Almost too fast. I interviews once over the phone through the hiring agency. Then was connected to the manager at Haas. The 2nd interview was somewhat difficult and I realized that I was not a proper fit for this position as it required electrical engineering experience. While the position is Software Engineering, you DO need to have hardware experience to be hired for this position!

Interview Questions

• How would you connect an Oscilloscope to a CNC machine?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Oxnard, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

In the interview they went over my past work experience but did not grill me on technical aspects of the job. I was told about political goings on with differing organizations within the company. This set off a warning bell in my head, but the job offered above average pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a subordinate who would not perform a task assigned to them?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Haas Automation.

Interview

I initially applied through Aerotek, the staffing agency that mainly services Haas. The recruiter got back to me within 3 days, had me in interviews at Haas within 5 days, and had me hired within 7 days. She was very responsive and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation on pay, the recruiter basically said the max the company would pay for my experience.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Oxnard, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

There was one interview but I spoke with two different people. The head of engineering was first and he asked very basic engineering questions mostly. The next was my future boss and again basic questions.

The reason I was hired really is because I dressed up in a suit, tie, vest and nice dress shoes. Also my resume was printed on very nice paper and tucked into a folder. They're old school in their interviews. They want serious candidates.

Purchasing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Chatsworth, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First round of interviews was with the department manager and a representative of HR. Second round of interviews was with multiple individuals and a panel. Most were very nice and easy to talk with. One told all the negatives and repeatedly implied that I would not be able to handle the work.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to commute after the company moved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Oxnard, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied through their site and was contacted by their talent acquisition the next day. Received a phone call from the manager discussing the company and products. Received a second phone call three days later to schedule an interview. Went in for the interview, just a one on one with the manager. Received an offer on the spot. Took a drug test, waited about two weeks and received a phone call from HR saying I was clear to start working -- started the following week.

Interview Questions

• What did they pay you at your last job?

Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted due to circumstance at the time, but if I had to do it again -- I would have negotiated a higher base pay. My fault entirely for not pushing.

PL/SQL Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 12 different people individually. The CIO was dismissive and arrogant. Some of the employees were great and asked intelligent questions but others were not. The atmosphere and culture was not upbeat or inspiring. My overall impression was that it would be a depressing place to work. The number one problem mentioned was finding the right person for the job that would fit in with the Team and culture. I can certainly understand why they have trouble hiring.

Interview Questions

• What is the ascii code for line feed?   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haas Automation (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2010.

Interview

Met an employee of the company on an airplane and he set me up with an interview. Interview was very informal met with the president and 2 supervisors for dinner. The interview was more them telling me about the company, and the position and responsibility with a few questions about me mixed in. The interview went well and I left the interview very happy.

Before the interview I talked with who would be my direct supervisors over the phone. I explained to him that I had a job offer on the table currently, told him what my current salary was and asked him if he was going to be able to match my current salary. He told me that the salary was in the ballpark of what I am currently making, and that that it was salary plus overtime. With that information in mind I passed on the pending job offer that was 18% more than I currently make. I was emailed a job offer by Haas factory outlet 2 days after the interview and the salary they offered me was 20% less than my currently salary. When I reminded him that before the interview he told me he was going to be able to match my salary, he replied "With the overtime will you be able to match your current salary." I called the president of the company who had given me his card and told me to call with any questions. I received two phone calls back neither of them were from him. I was not interested in talking to anyone else but him and never received a call back from him.

Interview Questions

Was lied to about compensation before the interview. Being lied to or deceived by a direct supervisor (or potential supervisor) would you have accepted?

SAP Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haas Automation in April 2009.

Interview

Interview was great.
    asked lot of questions.