Hajoca Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hajoca Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation (Flagstaff, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Very extensive and challenging interview process. However, it poses a fun, and potentially rewarding challenge. The recruiters are spectacular at communication and will keep checking in with you throughout the process to see how you're feeling and answer any questions you have.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation where you were impatient or short with a customer/peer. How did you better the situation?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation.

Interview

Very lengthy and exhaustive process
    Interview was relaxed and more of a get to know you kind of thing
    Reimburses mileage or covers a plane ticket to and from interview
    There are multiple interviews with employees in different parts of the company (branch manager, psychologist, HR)

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation (Stuart, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Going into this interview I had no idea what type of equipment I would be operating which would indicate what pay range I could expect. Turns out they only have straight trucks, no tractor/ trailers. As a result the pay range was much lower than I had hoped, given my level of experience. They were offering a fair wage for that type of work, but it wasn't a good fit for me. The interview was pleasant and this would probably be a good job for the right person at that level of experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some things I am looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation.

Interview

I applied via indeed.com. After about a week I received an invitation to take the Wonderlic test, which was basically a timed aptitude test with some basic math and grammar questions. If you do well on that test you will talk with a recruiter from the program. This is basically a phone interview. After passing this initial phone interview, you willl be invited to take a few more assessments, one of which is psychological personality test. If you meet the criteria you will have the opportunity to speak with a psychologist about your personality traits. For me this was about a 1.5 hour phone interview where I was asked to elaborate on some experiences I have had and what I would do in certain situations. If that interview goes well you will meet with a regional or division manager. That was a great experience for me because I had some concerns addressed, and a better idea of what to expect regarding the position. After meeting with the division or regional manager, I met with a branch manager for a pretty informal interview where I was able to ask any questions that I had. After that interview I was flown to Philadelphia for a final two interviews. These were formal interviews (business suit and tie) and I was asked typical interview questions and scenario questions. After these last two interviews I was offered a job.
    The interview process is long and it makes sense because of what you will get after you successfully complete training. This position is an awesome opportunity with excellent benefits, the ability to essentially be your own boss and the privilege to run your own business, and there is amazing compensation through profit sharing.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have managing people? How did you keep them motivated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation (Fort Collins, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process went well interviewed with the recruiter twice, then the rocky mountain regional director, then had a phone interview with a psychologist from the corporation. Thought it all went well, in the end they didnt even give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to work?   1 Answer

Operations/Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. Once I received the initial response to my application, I was invited to take a couple of short tests. A week later a phone interview followed. After completing those, about 2 weeks later the actual hiring manger called. Expect the process to take some time if you are applying for a management position. They are really want to make sure that you are a good fit both for the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience of the sales process.   1 Answer

Profit Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process for the training program and long and arduous. Start to finish took about 2 months. It began with a phone interview, then I took a personality test and wonderlic test, moved on to in person interviews with multiple people, then had a 90 minute call with a psychologist. After another in person interview, I had a 45 minute call with the CEO.

The process is intense, but was very interesting. Speaking to Rick (the CEO) is what made me decide to take the job offer. He had more insight into my personality and management style than the company I worked for at the time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation.

Interview

I was contacted by an existing Profit Center Manager about a mid-level job at his branch. Upon interviewing me (which was considered my Profit Center interview, where I took wonderlic), he though I'd be more fit for the management training program lead me to speak with their corporate recruiter over the phone, which was more of a pre-screening. For this recruited interview, I recommend being very positive, well spoken and speak with high ambition.

Next, I was sent a series of 3 different aptitude & psychological tests to take online (not wonderlic). Apparently you are only contacted further if you pass these, which I did. I then had a 1-hour interview with their corporate physiologist. This was easy, but you've got to remember that she was looking between the lines of your responses, while looking at the results of your psychological test results on her end.

If you keep advancing past all that, the next step is to interview with the regional managers and division managers. This was the hardest and more important interview. 3 one-hour sessions back to back. They are all very likable and intelligent. They are looking to hire people they see themselves in, so be just as personable and responsive as they are. Somewhere in this step, I must have tripped up and was not offered the job.

Front day one, this felt like an amazing organization to be a part of. Very professional despite the blue-collar industry. Their hospitality at the stores and the regional office is second to none. I honestly do wish I was offered the opportunity to join the team.

My only complaints are:
    1) The process took FOREVER! From initial contact to final phone call was 2.5 months! I believe they loose quality candidates sometimes due to their process being too long.
    2) Their standards are high, almost to a fault. they complain over the phone and in person that they can't find good people and it is holding THEM back, then they have one like me (and the others I interviewed with a the regional office that day) sitting right in front of them, qualified to the moon and they don't take us. It's hard to argue that they lower the standards, since their retention is so great, but you either NEED to lower those standards a tiny bit, or stop telling candidates that you are desperate for talent like that. It sends the wrong message.
    3) It appears the application process is a one-and-done situation. If you don't get an offer, then you won't get another chance to apply for a different job. Along those same lines, if you get a lower job, you likely won't ever get promoted to Profit Center Manager, since they hire those most of those people externally through the training program. I'd recommend promoting from within a little more.

Interview Questions

• What are your base salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time an employee of yours had a poor performance and what you did to correct it?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest risk you've ever taken in your professional careeer?   Answer Question
    • If you were gone for the day and there was chatter around the water cooler about how good of a manager you were, what would they say about you?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Submit Resume for Review, then a phone interview, Online Testing, 2nd Phone interview. If you make it past all this then you are offered an opportunity to interview in person. The online testing was 3 separate online tests, they didn't take that long to complete due to the fact that they were timed, but they were intense. The on-site interview was a series of interviews with 3 different directors.

Interview Questions

• Much of the interview centered on Leadership and Financial Analysis. These questions were presented in all aspects of the interview process. Also, asked about personal strengths and weaknesses and your leadership style.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hajoca Corporation.

Interview

Spoke with someone in HR. Took 3 tests for company. Stated after I completed the tests that they would be following up with candidates who made the next step. No call, and no response to email asking about status. Understand I was not selected for next step but after the time and effort put in to the process you would think HR would have the humility to respond that they were moving on without me...