Hamilton Relay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

1.9

Relay Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frostburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Frostburg, MD).

Interview

Applied online, was called the next day to schedule an assessment. Took assessment which consisted of a typing test, spelling test, etc. Passed the assessment then immediately after had an interview. Was informed if my backgrounf check came back good I would be hired and start my 3 week training.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Albany, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

You take a typing test which was easy, a spelling test, which is also easy, and then you take a test doing the actual work you would be doing there. This was easy as well. Mostly an easy interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

pretty easy and straight forward interview. There is a speech, typing, and spelling test. As long as you're good at all three then you will do fine. You get to choose your schedule during the interview. It is a laid back environment which helps to relax.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Wichita, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief explanation of history of company and explanation of revoicing process. 5 Tests given. Typing, spelling, reading a paragraph for enunciation and pronunciation, a revoicing test, and a test to find errors. Once the exams were passed successfully, you proceeded to the question and answer part of the interview, followed by explanation of benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a job you held and what you liked most about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I did an assement which included spelling, typing, voice over and grammar/punctuation. Really most of the interview was the assessment hardly any personal questions at all that I can recall. Passing with high scores pretty much guarantees a position. I was asked to do assessment before any personal questions were asked.

Application

Interview

I applied online. Just going through the company website. I got a call about a week later to come in for an interview and testing.

The tests were a typing test for speed and accuracy as well as a spelling test.

There were basic interview questions: how did you hear about us, why do you want to work here ect.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Albany, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Once your application is accepted, you are called and scheduled for a 5 part assessment. All 5 parts of the assessments must be passed to be given a job offer. The assessment includes a written and typing test, as well as a spelling test, audio test, and more. Overall the interview is difficult. But if passed, training is very easy.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job? Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired? What is it that our company does?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frostburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Frostburg, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and two months later they asked if I would like to come in for the test. I took a test that involved typing speed. I had to get at least a 60 to be a communication assistant. Then I had a spelling, grammar, and memory test. One has to pass all of that to qualify for an interview.

About 2 weeks later the HR asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. At the interview she told me everything about the hours days and benefits. I filled out a paper and signed for a background check. I was called a week later to start my three week training.

The training is very great. We learned what we need to know and was able to practice what we may experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in full time or part time?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to change my hours before I started which was great.

Communication Assistant/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

you take a typing, reading, and spelling test. not really difficult. They hire the most ghetto and trashy people. there have been shootings at the office because of the type of people they hire

Interview Questions

• they don't really ask u any questions. as long as u can type 60 wpm you are good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. once you get the job then they add more to you work load and threaten you job if u don't do what you are told to do

Caption Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hamilton Relay (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2012.

Interview

i went there and met with a hiring manager. they take you through a series of test that consist of being able to repeat what the consumer says on the phone so the computer can process it in words being able to recognize errors of words during a recording that are not exactly what is on the paper they give you, you have to be able to type 35plus wpm and they also give you a spelling test and a typing test where you have a petal that you have to use to pause and type everything said on the earphones verbatim. I went twice the first time i got 14 out of 20 on the error test and spelling test and did good on being able to repeat whatever is said to me verbatim, i did good with the typing 35 wpm but i had trouble with the pause, i paused during the test for 5 seconds before proceeding. so i got scheduled to come in for a second time to pass that test. i got tested by a new person and scored about the same on everything and did better on my pause test. she said because i didnt get 17 out of 20 on my error recognizable test and my spelling test i am not hired. very nice people that work there during my experience, im writing this so people going to a interview with them can be better prepared in knowing what they are going to be tested on so they can practice to gain some type of knowledge of the skills that hamilton relay is requiring their employees to have. good luck everyone!!!!

Interview Questions

• what is your understanding of caption relay   1 Answer