Hang Seng Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hang Seng Bank Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

app test after submitting application, HR called after 2 months for a phone interview. All interview questions are behavioral, no technical questions. In my interview, HR asked questions in three different languages(Cantonese, Mandarin and English).

I Year Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank in October 2014.

Interview

Interview is relatively easy, conducted in Mandarian, Cantonese and English. Basic questions like self introduction and past internship experience are asked. Scenario questions like "how do you solve ..... as a team" will be asked. Most questions are about personality.

Interview Questions

• No technical question is asked   1 Answer

1 year is too long for an internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

it was a phone interview and took around 30 minutes. asked many basic questions and the whole process is comfortable. The first part of the interview is in English and second part is in Cantonese. But 80% of the interview was in English. I think they just want to check if you can understand the Cantonese.

Interview Questions

• 1. why us
      2. our competitors
      3. opportunity in this industry
      4. tell me about your self
      5. what is the most important thing you learn from your previous intern
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

First round interview was HR interview, it was held in its Mong Kok office for around 20-30 mins, 2 HR interviewed one candidate. Mostly simple HR interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why will you choose Banking industry as a non-business student?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

First there is an online application form to fill in. After two months then I received invitations to online tests which include a Situational Judgement Test, followed by Numerical, Verbal and Logical. The tests were sent out one-by-one, so you have to pass the first test in order to proceed to the next one. After that there was an HR Interview mainly on competency and motivational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Hang Seng Bank?   Answer Question
    • How can you persuade a customer from China to use Hang Seng Bank over other local big Chinese Banks?   Answer Question
    • Any recent financial news and its impact in Hang Seng Bank.   Answer Question
    • What did you learn during your previous internship experiences?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank.

Interview

I apply for the 6 months co-op programme

1. Personality online test, just stick to the value
    2. Phone interview, conducting in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, mainly in Cantonese
    3. Waiting for offer/ line manager interview

Interview Questions

Actually I am waiting for the offer

Financial Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2016.

Interview

Efficient and straight-to-the-point, condensed interview questions and ability testing. They expect you to have sales skills on top of a pleasant character. It's useful to speak straightforwardly during the role-play section. Sugar-coating too much may hinder clarity and point-delivering. Good idea to stand in the shoes of the customer, then decide which points to deliver; Helpful and understanding HR officers who give advices prior to employment if they are interested in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for the job.   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest obstacle in life so far? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Half Year Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

1.Online test
    2. HR Phone In
    3. Manager face to face in
    Not very difficult in Cantonese and English parts but
    Totally stuck in the mandarin part.
    English questions dominated the interview.
    Not a big deal when you have prepared.
    Just simple questions.
    Not much challenging question ~1 (i need to think for a while)

Interview Questions

• HR: ask about yr CV
             intro
             what did you learn from your past job experiences? (I don't have intern exp before)
      Answer Question

Co-op Program Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2016.

Interview

Took around 2 weeks to get a phone interview. Overall interview process was okay/ Required you to speak in English, Mandarin and Cantonese. Mostly behavioral questions and questions regarding your cv. Make sure that you know your cv well and your interest in the position you applied.

Interview Questions

• -self introduction
      -why commercial banking
      -knowledge about commercial banking
      -mostly questions about my CV
      -tell me about your experience in client service
      1 Answer

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

First, you have to do an online personality screening. Then you are very likely to get a written test on the information given by them days before. Do read them carefully as they ask about the details too. If you pass, you will be invited to a phone interview, followed by a face interview.