Harmonic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmonic Interview Questions

2.9

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harmonic in February 2015.

Interview

These guys contacted me on linked in, and I went out, and had an onsite interview. I'll admit, I wasn't on top of my game, but after the interview, I never heard a peep back. Not even an "sorry, we're not interested" not, just absolute silence. Weeks went by, and they didn't even bother responding when I pinged them again. Either I was the worst possible candidate, or these guys are just kinda rude.

The interview itself was rather odd. Most of the questions were very simple programming questions, "Reverse a string", that kind of thing. Most in depth question was really "How would you debug a memory leak". Not really anything that would be useful when evaluating somebody for a senior position. For a company that does video streamers, they didn't ask a single question about MPEG, for instance.

Could never quite figure out what they were interviewing for. The hiring manager seemed to point in one direction, but the interviewers were more in another.

The office is rather tomblike. Darkly lit, and very silent. There were people around but not really many signs of interaction. But they had a cat.

Never met from anyone from HR, or even heard from anyone in HR, other than the initial contact.

All in all, not really impressed. They seem like they're coming out of a long period of not hiring, and not quite certain how to go about doing it.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string. How could you optimize a loop, couple other trivial puzzle questions.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmonic (Beaverton, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Five people interviewed, each for 1/2 hour, finished in half a day. Asked simple C++ Questions. Two of them were senior people talked about high level differences between small and large companies.

Interview Questions

• C++ inheritance question, priority inversion in threading.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harmonic.

Interview

Preliminary interview with HR and 1 interview with Controller. Was professional, get introduced to the company. Office was nice, building has hi-tech feel and staff were stable. Good for people seeking to work there long-term. Could be hard to get in the door.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmonic.

Interview

Directly onsite interview.
    There are total 6 rounds, the former five people each person 30 minutes. The question was so easy even not to do programming. All about are testing problems.

However, the final person is a HR, who was mean person. She wanted to listen what she recognized the right answer, otherwise, she would ask you the same questions again and again until making you embarrased and nervous. She did not want to smile at all.

H/W Interview

Interview

ok overall

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no much, seems they know what to offer.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

No experience of hiring and interview process since being acquired.

Interview Questions

• No experience of hiring and interview process since being acquired.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initially took up a phone interview and asked a few questions about my background,skills and why i am interested in this position and then called for a 1:1 interview....Tested my technical skills on system by assigning a problem...answered one and failed in another but could convince the team that i can get work done....

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Was referred to the company by a staffing agency, never even had heard of the company before that. A phone screening done by the team lead followed by a talk with an HR person and a round of one-on-one on-site interviews with prospective teammates. The process moved along fairly quickly, got the offer within a week from the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design the table structure for a database that stores classes and enrollment information for a college.
      Q: You are designing a Web service that uses XML as the payload format. Objects you want to serialize / deserialize have complex structure, including collections of other objects and references to them. Describe design considerations and techniques you are going to use.
      Q: (A popular riddle about lightbulbs and switches in another room)
      Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Went for 2 rounds of interview. They ask about your current career status. Why you're looking for a change? Why Harmonic? Than, they going into the technical field questions about the subject.

Finance Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

2 sessions, and interviewers were very professional. Each session had 2 interviewers with 30 minute sessions. Questions were centered around the roll, and some were behavioral (typical interview). The recruiter was great, and continuously provided update on the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you think you are the ideal candidate for this role   Answer Question