Harmonic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harmonic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2018

Software Eng Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmonic in July 2010.

Interview

Tech interveiws plus an HR interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initially took up a phone interview and asked a few questions about my background,skills and why i am interested in this position and then called for a 1:1 interview....Tested my technical skills on system by assigning a problem...answered one and failed in another but could convince the team that i can get work done....

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Went for 2 rounds of interview. They ask about your current career status. Why you're looking for a change? Why Harmonic? Than, they going into the technical field questions about the subject.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview took two days on-site. 7 ~ 8 people. Questions are fair and easy. Most questions are about the c/C++ programming and operation systems.Interviewers are very polite and friendly; managers are very nice. Only one interviewer is scary that he asked some math questions that are hard to find a suitable answers; and he didn't give solutions at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

• The HR representative asked some tricky questions like "What is your weakness?"; "What is the most challenge project you've done before?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was not satisfied with the base salary but I didn't know how to negotiate that. I felt regretful even after I joined the company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harmonic (Beaverton, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Five people interviewed, each for 1/2 hour, finished in half a day. Asked simple C++ Questions. Two of them were senior people talked about high level differences between small and large companies.

Interview Questions

• C++ inheritance question, priority inversion in threading.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

No experience of hiring and interview process since being acquired.

Interview Questions

• No experience of hiring and interview process since being acquired.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmonic (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Very nice people, formal and easy interview process.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harmonic in February 2015.

Interview

These guys contacted me on linked in, and I went out, and had an onsite interview. I'll admit, I wasn't on top of my game, but after the interview, I never heard a peep back. Not even an "sorry, we're not interested" not, just absolute silence. Weeks went by, and they didn't even bother responding when I pinged them again. Either I was the worst possible candidate, or these guys are just kinda rude.

The interview itself was rather odd. Most of the questions were very simple programming questions, "Reverse a string", that kind of thing. Most in depth question was really "How would you debug a memory leak". Not really anything that would be useful when evaluating somebody for a senior position. For a company that does video streamers, they didn't ask a single question about MPEG, for instance.

Could never quite figure out what they were interviewing for. The hiring manager seemed to point in one direction, but the interviewers were more in another.

The office is rather tomblike. Darkly lit, and very silent. There were people around but not really many signs of interaction. But they had a cat.

Never met from anyone from HR, or even heard from anyone in HR, other than the initial contact.

All in all, not really impressed. They seem like they're coming out of a long period of not hiring, and not quite certain how to go about doing it.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string. How could you optimize a loop, couple other trivial puzzle questions.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Harmonic (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

the hiring process was very long. It started out with an HR person doing a screeniing. This was m ore on logistics and other such details. Then a hiring manager called. This again was not very technical. This was mainly about the overall fit with the team, location, commute and things like that. Then there were two rounds of technical interviews

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harmonic (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Interview was pleasant. Its your normal interview procesd with about 5 engineers and 1 HR person. Interview is about 45 minutes long.