HarperCollins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2018

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HarperCollins (New York, NY).

Interview

Good, friendly people. Many questions were repeated by all three interviewers, but that's to be expected. All seemed to have studied my resume and understood my experience beforehand, and all interviewers came prepared with questions to ask.

They seemed genuinely interested in how I was doing in my job search, what I was looking for, and where I wanted to go from here. They also shared some background on themselves and how they ended up there.

Only negative is that when they called to tell me I didn't get the position, the HR person seemed like she couldn't get off the phone fast enough and didn't give any sort of explanation as to why I wasn't chosen.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HarperCollins.

Interview

HR first makes contact via telephone to set up a time for you to come in. You interview with both an HR representative and the direct manager. HR asks you general questions about your background. The interview felt very comfortable. No surprises. The direct manager interview is very relaxed. They get a feel for your personality rather than ask a lot of hard hitting questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were not an option. Asked about salary negotiations and they refused to

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HarperCollins in February 2017.

Interview

Talked on phone with HR about a month after applying online. After that chat they emailed to set up an in person interview the next week. Interview was incredibly informal and there were not many questions asked. Seemed more that they wanted me to lead the interview/give them the information they wanted

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HarperCollins.

Interview

Phone screening and interview with managers who I would be working with if I got the internship. The process was brief but comfortable and the recruiter made an effort to make sure I was ready and prepared.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HarperCollins.

Interview

had three people interview me

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HarperCollins (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I first received a call from HR with several questions and then scheduled an in person interview. I met with HR and then the department supervisor. The HR interview was harder than the department.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HarperCollins (Nashville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted by email via an HR representative to set up a phone interview followed by an in-house interview at the headquarters with the hiring supervisor followed by a series of people in the department.

Associate Publicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HarperCollins (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

It was late summer, but the application process was rather quick. I submitted online, and got a call to confirm an interview within a week for the next week. The office was abandoned because of Friday summer hours; it was empty and dark, while one assistant worked tirelessly alone at her desk. But the Lothario hiring supervisor seemed to prefer it. Still, the interview was quick and efficient, but in no way was I exposed to "work culture" because no effort was made by either HR or the hiring department beyond a perfunctory Q&A of company benefits and "the best part is the people." For summer interviews, always schedule a weekday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think ______ magazine is so important?   1 Answer

Associate Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at HarperCollins (Nashville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

after talking to my supervisor about the position and getting his approval, I apply online and then got 3 individual interviews of at least an hour each and then a panel interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HarperCollins.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the online portal and scheduled a phone interview with the Human Resources Department. After I was notified that I would be scheduled for an in-person interview with the supervisor of the position I was applying for.