Harver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Harver

2.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harver in November 2018.

Interview

I applied for a position at Harver through their online portal. I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after. First round was a JavaScript exercise. Second round was a conversation with the VP of Eng and walkthrough of my responses. Third round was a conversation with two engineers at Harver, and some light technical questions. Fourth round was a conversation with the CTO, and included a simple design question.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harver (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter, VP of Sales, and CCO. Also, took the personality test which helped understand their product. It’s an overwhelmingly lengthy assessment but not too difficult. The VP and recruiter helped understand the responsibilities and day-to-day, but the conversation with the CCO did not add any value.

It was a questionable experience and the lack of interest from the CCO was crystal clear, which made me question why we were having a conversation in the first place.

I would have easily declined the offer.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harver (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with Harver in December 2018 in New York. Final 3rd interview with CCO, who showed up late and unprepared. Barked few questions, 10 minutes in just opened his laptop and removed himself from the conversation. I couldn't get out of there faster. If that's how much they care about their own candidate experience, how much do they care about their customer's?

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harver (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by the Harver recruiter for this position.

- I had a short call with the recruiter (10 min);
    - I had a coffee in the office with the hiring manager (45 min);
    - I had to make a short legal assignment (1 hour);
    - I had a chat with the CEO of the company (1 hour).

After this, I received an offer.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harver (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2018.

Interview

The application process includes 4 rounds. First, I had a preliminary interview with the recruiter. We had a brief conversation to get a better understanding of each other. Then I got a short technical assignment which took about 2-3 hours to finish. And then I talked with the tech lead to discuss the assignment. After that, I talked with the tech team manager. All of these are done online. The final interview was conducted at the office in Amsterdam and I talked with four persons at the company.
    My overall evaluation of the application procedure is very good. It's easy to communicate with the recruiter through emails, phone and Whatsapp. My questions are responded quickly. The interviewers were friendly, respectful, and made me feel relaxed during the interviews. The technical assignment is short and fun to do, and I got good feedback from them.

Front End Developer Interview

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harver (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Super badly handled hiring process. Quite funny for a company creating a hiring software.
    - Bug for the interview date. Waited 1h until I messaged the interviewer to ask if they had forgotten about me... They replied the system booked a date for another day...
    - Simple phone call from a recruiter who doesn't know anything about the role, asks me questions not so much related to the role, to tell me that it will probably be a no because I don't seem qualified enough based on my reply from those questions
    - Waited a few days to receive a whatsapp message to tell me to wait longer
    - After a few weeks, I received a no saying they found someone else

Principal Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harver in February 2019.

Interview

The first call was with HR, we chatted about overall experience and the company.

The second interview was with CTO. We talked about custom build and cloud infrastructures. There were 2 different mostly analytic tasks, which required some DevOps and AWS knowledge.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harver (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process started by been contacted by one of the recruiters. The process was divided in two steps:
    1. Interview with recruiter - super easy and really considerate.
    2. Interview with two developers, which asked me casual questions about my knowledge
    3. Interview with head of technology.
    4. Got an offer

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harver (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2018.

Interview

I get contacted by their recruiter through LinkedIn. The email/message from her was compelling and I decided to give it a try. I had a phone call with the recruiter and after that, they gave me a homework assignment which took a couple of hours to do. After a few days, the recruiter told me I pass the assignment and let's arrange the video call with their CTO. So we agreed on a date and time. On the day of the call, their recruiter canceled the meeting 30min before the scheduled time and she said she will reschedule it again.

After a week nothing! I sent a follow up message and she said she would like to do it without any indication when! So as you might guess, they never reschedule the rest of the interview.

For me was interesting to see a company that is building a business to help companies increase their hiring quality, while themselves absolutely treat "their own candidates" horribly and being so unprofessional and unresponsive. I personally spent a couple of hours of my weekend time to finish the assignment and I felt I got scammed. If you going for an interview here, be alert.