Harvey Nichols Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvey Nichols Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.7

Style Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, I then received an email a few weeks after by the department manager to inform me that HR forwarded my cv over to her because I have some skills that match the job

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone:
    I had a brief telephone conversation with the Floor Manager, who asked some general questions about availabilities and outlined the role advertised. She was extremely polite and mannerly on the phone, and asked if I could attend an interview in person the following week.

In store:
    I attended an interview in store. I was asked to sit at the café/bar to wait for the Floor Manager, and was offered a drink while I waited. The Manager took me upstairs to the spa, and conducted a one-on-one interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. She took care to outline the role and what was expected of employees, as well as some questions regarding my experience and CV. The interview was conducted in very good humour, with strong focus on the culture they wish to uphold among their staff.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols.

Interview

group interview of roughly people - included four stages of role play and introducing yourself. . . fairly laid back experience, just expect to be talking in front of a group of people

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to the Assessment centre. There were around 10 candidates and some working staffs. we started from the ice breaker, then tested the knowledge of brands of the products, followed by team works about the brand value and a 30s solo sale presentation

Style Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols in August 2017.

Interview

I had a formal 1-1 interview with the Assistant Manager and a member from HR which was really just competency based questions, and then a second with the Department Manager which was more role based. The second interview was definitely more relaxed, asking more about my interests and goals for the future. Because of the relaxed feel, it felt a bit more judgemental.

Interview Questions

• Normal Q's like: Describe a time you went above & beyond for a customer/ How would you deal with a difficult customer etc..
      Then other Q's like: How do you stay up to date with current trends?/ How would you improve your knowledge of our brands?   Answer Question

Style Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview.
    Listened to a presentation about HN, brand values etc. Next we had to answer 4 questions as an introduction to ourselves, i.e interesting fact about yourself. Brand name quiz, group task discussing a brand value & finally 1 minute to sell an item. Piece of advice - use the whole minute to sell the product, I thought I was being smart picking out specific features and making my sales pitch short and sweet - according to my feedback this was wrong!

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols.

Interview

The interview process overall was quite a good experience. The interviewers from HR and Merchandising department were both very nice. If I could go back in time, I would study more about the brands that they have in store currently, and know more about what fashion style that the company goes for.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I saw the advertisment post online.They call me to book an interview.There are 3 stages.The first one its a small friendly chat.The second one is more formal and the third one its an interview with all the managers.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the restaurant manager in an informal interview with very basic questions about my personality and previous experiences related to the position.
    Then I had to stay for a trial shift and with the help and recommendation of the reception team I worked that shift together, the manager offered the position for me.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What sort of experience do I have that is related to a customer faced role?   Answer Question

Style Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

was quite unsual for several reason, i spoke with the manager when i meet her on the floore, the interview was normal, i had to talk about my past experience nothing special no stress

Interview Questions

• they ask about my past experience   1 Answer