Harvey Nichols Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Harvey Nichols

2.7

Sort:

SPA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grimsby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Grimsby, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Formal Process interviewed for over an hour, went through my work history on CV, then went over general questions, it was more like a drilling, I was exhausted when I came out of there.

Interview Questions

• Why HN
      Describe a time when you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Harvey Nichols Response

Apr 22, 2016 – HR Advisor

Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you feel you didn’t have a great interview experience with us. We're always looking at ways we can improve and... More

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was pleasant and didn't take too long. I was interviewed by 2 people who asked competency as well as background question. I felt pretty relaxed and welcome (as the interview wasn't too stressful). They were good at dealing with a stressed interviewee as well as the questions they had to ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really have to negotiate. Everything was straight forward.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simplistic. Basic invite to send in a C.V. then an invite to first stage interview in the store with the H.R. Manager and one other. Second stage to include a training presentation.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols in January 2018.

Interview

Very quick to respond after sending application. Good screening interview via phone by Talent Manager, who also gave some good insight into the organisation. Attended the interview with the HR Director. Interview was good - challenging but also friendly. My only gripe, is the outcome was given via email a day after via the Talent Manager. I always think when interviews take place, it’s always good practice to feedback to candidates in person or via the phone by the interviewer - rather than a 2nd person unpersonalised email.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols.

Interview

group interview of roughly people - included four stages of role play and introducing yourself. . . fairly laid back experience, just expect to be talking in front of a group of people

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knightsbridge, England (UK)

Interview

Went on the Harvey nics website applied for sales consultant role! Got a call back from HR. Was given a mini telephone interview asked about previous experiences, what is excellent customer service to me, about the role. Passed telephone interview was booked in for one on one with department manager. Attended interview one week later which was actually with two people. A little intimidating but still tried my best at answering all questions.
    After a 45 minute interview I left. Got a call back 3 weeks later by HR saying I received the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your precious roles,
      when you had a difficult customer and what did you do to help,
      when you have given excellent service, what would you do if it was extremely busy and there wasn't enough staff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Screening session followed by an Assessment Centre and a final interview with the floor manager.
    The assessment centre is will several people (around 10 no more but sometimes less) with a 30 seconds sale presentation (solo) and a group presentation (4-5 people) where your capacity to explain your ideas/lead/... are being assessed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First I did an online application that consisted of sending in a CV and a cover letter then 2 weeks later I was called for a telephone interview where I was asked a few questions about why I would want to work for Harvey Nichols, my previous experience and my availability. After that I was offered a face to face interview in 2 weeks time. At the face to face interview there were many others but you go into a room when called and speak to the recruitment/HR manager who asks about your fashion tastes, why you think you'd fit in at the store etc then you leave and go back to the waiting room till called and the other HR managers will let you know if you were successful or unsuccessful.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

face to face interviews with assistant and department manager, you go in a small room and they ask you standard questions e.g what you're up to? Why you want to work there? What you know about the company?

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to Harvey Nichols?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial application made via Harvey Nichols website, requires CV and cover letter.
    Straight forward interview process, phone interview by a member of the HR team followed by an interview in store with a Department Manager and Assistant Department Manager. Heavily competency based questioning and a strong knowledge of the company and current fashion trends is advantageous.

Interview Questions

• -What do you know about Harvey Nichols?
      -What fashion trends do you currently follow?
      -What would you bring to your role at Harvey Nichols?   Answer Question